XPO crack....

Just wondering if anybody’s company has been taken over by XPO and they’ve transferred over,if so what was transition like and did they change anything…
We are supposed to be getting taken over by them soon But no one knows when or what the crack is…

I guess you’ll be transferring over on TUPE which means you’ll be on the same pay and t&c’s as the old company.

DAF95XF:
I guess you’ll be transferring over on TUPE which means you’ll be on the same pay and t&c’s as the old company.

That’s what we all thought but it looks like they may get around this because it’s off into a holding company first and not directly to XPO,just wondering what they are like to work for really…

Yorkielad:

DAF95XF:

That’s what we all thought but it looks like they may get around this because it’s off into a holding company first and not directly to XPO,just wondering what they are like to work for really…

If they haven’t changed since they were Norbert Dentressangle then very “corporate”.

The firm is run by…

Corporate thieves scallywags and vagabonds.

The drivers are all thieves scallywags and vagabonds.

Steer well clear of the chilled/frozen lot in particular.

yourhavingalarf:
The firm is run by…

are you refeering to a certain member of this parish, if so i saw him today, i was enjoying tea’n’biscuits when i was verbaly abused by said member… :smiley: :slight_smile:

biggriffin:
are you refeering to a certain member of this parish, if so i saw him today, i was enjoying tea’n’biscuits when i was verbaly abused by said member… :smiley: :slight_smile:

Yeh…

That’s the one.

I’m willing to bet you paid for the tea 'n biccies if history is anything to go by.

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:

Yeh…

That’s the one.

I’m willing to bet you paid for the tea 'n biccies if history is anything to go by.

I was parked in a quiet spot at a well known supermarket DC in Bedford, enjoying a tea and biscuits moment, when said member, drew alongside tooted his noise, and verbally abused me… :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:

Yeh…

That’s the one.

Not just me then that’s noticed :unamused:

Actually got a brew out of him at Rugby truckstop last time though, I suppose even a blind squirrel finds a nut now & again :wink:

^^^^ you looked at me defiantly, thus earning my wrath. If I could’ve taken my eyes off of your ample showing of leg I’d have abused you further! :wink:

yourhavingalarf:
The firm is run by…

Solicitors letter en route as we speak!

Actually, upon reflection I realise that it’s only libellous if it is incorrect! As you were. :wink:

the maoster:

yourhavingalarf:
The firm is run by…

Solicitors letter en route as we speak!

Actually, upon reflection I realise that it’s only libellous if it is incorrect! As you were. :wink:

I happen to be at said den of Vipers this morning, and personally it’s like a well known record from the 1980’s
Ghostown…

Thats because I’m having a days holiday and the whole place grinds to a halt without me! :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously though
I think that our days there are numbered, what with 50 trailers and 8 units dehired, the lease up next March etc.

the maoster:
Thats because I’m having a days holiday and the whole place grinds to a halt without me! :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously though
I think that our days there are numbered, what with 50 trailers and 8 units dehired, the lease up next March etc.

Could be interesting…

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we’re still there this time next year! Perhaps if we are it will be in a different uniform?

the maoster:
I’d be pleasantly surprised if we’re still there this time next year! Perhaps if we are it will be in a different uniform?

OMG…

The green death/plague/pox?

Wincan’tski?

Driver Hopelessly Lost? (ski)

I’ll put in a word for you at our place.

biggriffin:
den of Vipers

Lol…

:smiley:

Yorkielad:
Just wondering if anybody’s company has been taken over by XPO and they’ve transferred over,if so what was transition like and did they change anything…
We are supposed to be getting taken over by them soon But no one knows when or what the crack is…

Looks like they have got there nose into a firm near me and are advertising for drivers ( I think it’s Polypipe )

Yorkielad:

To answer your question, I worked for Dingle Dangle when XPO took us over and my overwhelming impression is that each depot runs its own way as XPO appear to have a mentality of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Of course I base that on my observations and by talking to other XPO drivers from different business units. All that happened to us was that our uniform changed colour, our wages went from being paid every Thursday to every Friday, physical payslips were replaced with an online portal, our yearly wage rise seemed to go through quicker (after the usual union/management haggle).

Obviously I only see things from a driver perspective so perhaps upstairs things changed, but from my viewpoint nothing much changed.

the maoster:

Yorkielad:

To answer your question, I worked for Dingle Dangle when XPO took us over and my overwhelming impression is that each depot runs its own way as XPO appear to have a mentality of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Of course I base that on my observations and by talking to other XPO drivers from different business units. All that happened to us was that our uniform changed colour, our wages went from being paid every Thursday to every Friday, physical payslips were replaced with an online portal, our yearly wage rise seemed to go through quicker (after the usual union/management haggle).

Obviously I only see things from a driver perspective so perhaps upstairs things changed, but from my viewpoint nothing much changed.

What I did like about Dingle Dangle when I worked at the new Hounslow Green Lane depot when it opened was that they allowed me to load my run how I wanted to even splitting in 2 if I had to (my second drop either had a few cages or a whole trailer load) after I came back from my trunk run to Northampton then they started splitting my run up and putting onto others so I ended up either shunting the yard or doing the odds and ends run :unamused: