Xf exhaust system warning

Had this warning come up on my 105 other day and my maintenance guy plugged laptop in and its saying its some fault with the adblue nox sensor but it will only tell you the problem, not what is causing it.

My main concern is that it could be the cat thats blocked which ive been told is £3500 to replace. Having only had it a week I want to get to the bottom of the problem before warranty is up. Would a DAF dealer be able to look further into the problem for a probable cause? Have any of you experienced similar with a daf?

Thanks
Matt

Its normally a before or after cat NOx sensor (approx £350 each)

firstly, your mechanic will be using the TEXA equivalent of the DAVIE computer

it is good for fault code reading, but, that is about the limit of its capacity

now, to answer your question, if you take it in to DAF with the fault on the screen, don’t switch the ignition off, let them see it and plug DAVIE in to the truck, it will say what the fault is, and also what possible causes it could be

be warned, if you turn the engine off, the fault might not come back up again for a while, and then you are screwed :wink:

shuttlespanker:
firstly, your mechanic will be using the TEXA equivalent of the DAVIE computer

it is good for fault code reading, but, that is about the limit of its capacity

Thats right mate he’s on a TEXA program.

Matt

The NOx sensor screws into the cat and is fitted with a heating element.
Usualy have two thermal probes on the cat one at gas entry point and one at exit.
When you start the engine the gas entering the cat is much hotter than the gas leaving it as the cat itself absorbs a lot of thermal energy from the gas to bring it up to operating temperature.
The heating element in the NOx sensor is there to bring the probe up to temperature as quick as possible to start the add blue metering cycle and reduce emissions.

WE have had 4 or 5 sensors fail and all of them have had failed heating circuits.

Bloody wagons, you’ve only had him a week!

Bet your glad he’s still under warranty.

Silver_Surfer:

Yeah ive had couple of things so far with it which really knocks confidence having just got it! The spring eye bushes are nackered, big job as diesel tank has to come off and exhaust. Running warm when pulling but ive blown rad out and runs about 3/4 now up Brighouse. Really hoping for nothing more otherwise it’ll turn out to be an expensive one!

Matt

Get somebody to burn it and buy yourself a taxi.

Less hours and better money LOL.

Bking:
Get somebody to burn it and buy yourself a taxi.

Less hours and better money LOL.

oh look, Burger king not got anything useful to say non shocker :unamused:

why don’t you do yourself a favour and go play in the middle of the motorway :wink:

anyway, you worked out how a compressor makes too much water yet? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

keep thinking about it you small minded little individual :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Bking:
The NOx sensor screws into the cat and is fitted with a heating element.
Usualy have two thermal probes on the cat one at gas entry point and one at exit.
When you start the engine the gas entering the cat is much hotter than the gas leaving it as the cat itself absorbs a lot of thermal energy from the gas to bring it up to operating temperature.
The heating element in the NOx sensor is there to bring the probe up to temperature as quick as possible to start the add blue metering cycle and reduce emissions.

WE have had 4 or 5 sensors fail and all of them have had failed heating circuits.

I’m pretty sure it would throw a specific fault code for the heater circuit even with texa.

Haven’t noticed Norb on recently but might be worth a PM to him.

?

xfmatt:

Silver_Surfer:

Yeah ive had couple of things so far with it which really knocks confidence having just got it! The spring eye bushes are nackered, big job as diesel tank has to come off and exhaust. Running warm when pulling but ive blown rad out and runs about 3/4 now up Brighouse. Really hoping for nothing more otherwise it’ll turn out to be an expensive one!

Matt

If it’s axle 1 and anything like a CF then it’s easier to take the spring off and press them in.

On my 105 I have had the ad blue system disabled best move I have ever made :smiley:

GID:
On my 105 I have had the ad blue system disabled best move I have ever made :smiley:

I have been offered this option for a mere 500 quid. Whats everyones opinion of going down this route?! Been told performance or fuel consumption won’t be affected and its not actually illegal??

Matt

xfmatt:

GID:

I have been offered this option for a mere 500 quid. Whats everyones opinion of going down this route?! Been told performance or fuel consumption won’t be affected and its not actually illegal??

Matt

if you dont go near london then yeah would prob be the best 500 quid you could spend, just reverts it back too euro 3 if i remember correctly

scotstrucker:

xfmatt:

GID:

Matt

if you dont go near london then yeah would prob be the best 500 quid you could spend, just reverts it back too euro 3 if i remember correctly

yes, but, it won’t show on the TFL database that it has been disabled, and as such, will still be allowed in to London

shuttlespanker:

scotstrucker:

xfmatt:

GID:

Matt

yes, but, it won’t show on the TFL database that it has been disabled, and as such, will still be allowed in to London

Just what I was going to put there. No one will know if its been disabled although maybe I shouldn’t have aired it in here!! The adblue system will still be there and the badge will still say Euro 5.

Matt

Same here Volvo fh £500 sorted High emissions fault . Bestmover i made And no more bills. No diference in fuel orpower And saving £20 pw

xfmatt:
Just what I was going to put there. No one will know if its been disabled although maybe I shouldn’t have aired it in here!! The adblue system will still be there and the badge will still say Euro 5.

Matt

I believe it’s legal to disable the AdBlue system, although there is talk of it coming in to scope of the MOT test in the next year or two. You can still keep it working but have it “backed off”, mine had this done by the previous owner and it cut AdBlue consumption by about 50%, so he said.

What speed your truck set at harry :question: when it was owned by davidsons it overtook me like i was stood still and i was on the limiter ,they had 2 that looked the same so i dont know if it was yours ,it was a sunday morning about 4yrs ago and it was pulling a euroliner on the a1 ,looked well,he must have been running late to catch a boat :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: