Xf exhaust system warning

Harry Monk:

xfmatt:
Just what I was going to put there. No one will know if its been disabled although maybe I shouldn’t have aired it in here!! The adblue system will still be there and the badge will still say Euro 5.

Matt

I believe it’s legal to disable the AdBlue system, although there is talk of it coming in to scope of the MOT test in the next year or two. You can still keep it working but have it “backed off”, mine had this done by the previous owner and it cut AdBlue consumption by about 50%, so he said.

Ive not really got a problem with adblue as such it’s just the expensive repairs that are associated with it Harry. Im told a Nox sensor is around £350-400 plus labour.

Matt

seth 70:
What speed your truck set at harry :question: when it was owned by davidsons it overtook me like i was stood still and i was on the limiter ,they had 2 that looked the same so i dont know if it was yours ,it was a sunday morning about 4yrs ago and it was pulling a euroliner on the a1 ,looked well,he must have been running late to catch a boat :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If it did, then it’s been recalibrated since then (it had a new calibration certificate when I picked it up) and it does a very average 56mph max, although I normally sit at 54mph.

Back to the original point, I believe cats only get blocked on vehicles that do urban work (London buses are prone to this) but there’s a firm somewhere that cut them open and clean them for a fraction of the cost of a new cat.

It’s illegal to disable it and use on the road - That’s why the adverts say for export or off road use only.

Steve

GID:
On my 105 I have had the ad blue system disabled best move I have ever made :smiley:

Totally agree, best thing I ever done on ours was disable it, spent a fourtune at dafs trying to fix it which they never did.

They won’t leave it open for long & it will come under mot regs at some stage in future (after the fat komptroller at Gestapo HQ reads this thread & others on here) or I’m a monkey’s uncle.

Mines euro 4 no Rpc so can’t see any problem with it turned off

DPFs get “blocked” not cats,unless they get bashed.