Wye Commercials

Anyone had any dealings with the above company please? Seen a secondhand unit advertised and as I have a load down to Hereford to tip tuesday morning thought I might drop in for a look. Does anyone know if its possible to park outside their place overnight?

Cheers

Haven’t had any dealings with them, but they always seem to have a lot of wagons for sale at their Ross on Wye premises.

Google street view is your friend.

Silver_Surfer:

Ive looked on street view and looks ok to park outside just wondered if there were any restrictions. I could see a little cafe just outside it and im sure it said overnight parking.

xfmatt:

Silver_Surfer:

Ive looked on street view and looks ok to park outside just wondered if there were any restrictions. I could see a little cafe just outside it and im sure it said overnight parking.

No problem with parking, its right next to the cattle market ,sorry didn’t notice the question in your previous post. The cafe was shut,but the canteen at the cattle market is open on sale days.

Never bought anything off them, but been to look at a few things there always found very pleasant and helpful and are a family firm if I’m not wrong, only heard good things about them, I’ve called with artic to look at a unit before no problems hope this helps

Cheers for replies. They wont be open when I get down there tomorrow night but my plan is to tip on a farm at Hereford then run back to their place on Tuesday morning, surely they’ll start 8-8.30? Also does anyone use the A40 between Ross and Gloucester? Will be running across empty in artic towards M5.

Cheers

bought quite a few off them over the years …one pig I bought off them few years back fair play they took it back and rebuilt motor…8-8.30 on Tuesday does seem a bit ambitious though (bank holiday weekend)…

xfmatt:
Cheers for replies. They wont be open when I get down there tomorrow night but my plan is to tip on a farm at Hereford then run back to their place on Tuesday morning, surely they’ll start 8-8.30? Also does anyone use the A40 between Ross and Gloucester? Will be running across empty in artic towards M5.

Cheers

Based on fifty years experience, I would rather take M50 from Ross to J3, then B4215 to Gloucester. Easier, quicker & probably a bit shorter.
If you’re going into the South-West on M5, why not try A40/A449 through Monmouth to M4, then the toll-free crossing over the Severn Estuary?
Northbound on M5, of course, you would take M50 to J8 of M5.

Retired Old ■■■■:

xfmatt:

Cheers

Based on fifty years experience, I would rather take M50 from Ross to J3, then B4215 to Gloucester. Easier, quicker & probably a bit shorter.
If you’re going into the South-West on M5, why not try A40/A449 through Monmouth to M4, then the toll-free crossing over the Severn Estuary?
Northbound on M5, of course, you would take M50 to J8 of M5.

I am going to sharpness dock for a reload. Was thinking of the 449 to Monmouth also looks like a nice scenic route. Not in a rush as im loading at Sharpness for Edinburgh tip Wednesday!

cliffystephens:
bought quite a few off them over the years …one pig I bought off them few years back fair play they took it back and rebuilt motor…8-8.30 on Tuesday does seem a bit ambitious though (bank holiday weekend)…

Surely a professional outfit should be back to work as normal on tuesday morning?! What they like on pricing Cliffy?

was always ready to haggle some Julian won some I won but if it was something I fell in love with I usualy did a deal…

Had some stuff off them , always ok with me . As said Julian always have a deal. From there go newent then Gloucester, a38 stroud. Docks

well xfmatt did you see anything you liked… :smiley:

cliffystephens:

I did mate, bought a XF105 FTP. Dealt with Venessa as Julian is away. Very pleased with the service.

Matt

well done …they are always ready to haggle…

xfmatt:

cliffystephens:

I did mate, bought a XF105 FTP. Dealt with Venessa as Julian is away. Very pleased with the service.

Matt

I got the DAF, the XF, and the 105 bits, I know what one of those looks like; but WTF is an FTP please? and all the other mumbo-jumbo which particularly DAF come out with - there’s an FA? and an FT? as well isn’t there?

You wouldn’t want to be uttering the Words FTP in certain parts of Glasgow that’s for sure :laughing: :laughing:

cav551:

xfmatt:

cliffystephens:

Matt

I got the DAF, the XF, and the 105 bits, I know what one of those looks like; but WTF is an FTP please? and all the other mumbo-jumbo which particularly DAF come out with - there’s an FA? and an FT? as well isn’t there?

Not sure what the letters stand for but FTP is the lightweight midlift axle, FTG is the full size midlift, FT is a 4x2 unit, FTR is a rear lift (tag) unit. Not sure of the rest!!

Matt

The red one?