Wye Commercials

DonutUK:
The red one?

No the white one on their website! Hate that colour red!

the one with the stack up the back …looks a tidy truck…

Just get the bumper re-sprayed and you will have a cracking vehicle. :slight_smile:

del trotter:
Just get the bumper re-sprayed and you will have a cracking vehicle. :slight_smile:

Im planning on getting the bumper resprayed in “aircraft blue” along with the steps. Rusty bumpers seem a common fault with Daf, saw a 60 plate other day with more rust than paint!

cliffystephens:
the one with the stack up the back …looks a tidy truck…

It is tidy apart from the bumper. Hoping it will prove to be a good acquisition.
Matt

I seen 4 or 5 newish RJM trailers in that wye commercials the other day, just made me wonder if they’d packed up?

I would get the bumped dipped and galvanised. It will cost a bit but it will mean it’s a job that doesn’t need doing twice then.

del trotter:

And get the add blue doctored :smiley:

i better not tell him how much 1 brake shoe costs for that lift axle, a spring for it is around £300, get it doctored so you can lift it when loaded and you’ll save a small fortune on tyres for it, apart from that there a great truck

scotstrucker:
i better not tell him how much 1 brake shoe costs for that lift axle, a spring for it is around £300, get it doctored so you can lift it when loaded and you’ll save a small fortune on tyres for it, apart from that there a great truck

I take it the doctoring of the axle would be done by main dealer?

xfmatt:

scotstrucker:

yep takes about 15 mins to do but saves on tyres, gives you more traction in farm yards etc, my ftp cf chewed a set of midlift in 7 month before we got the midlift doctored, after they lasted 2 years

Yeah, non steer mid lifts should be banned.

Nice one XFMatt, I did always have you down as a DAF man rather than a MAN man, dunno why? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have some pictures of the beast, or a link to it on Wye’s site?

Harry Monk:
Nice one XFMatt, I did always have you down as a DAF man rather than a MAN man, dunno why? :stuck_out_tongue:

wyecommercials.com/details.php?id=4664

Looks good, I’ve driven a couple as a company driver and they are excellent trucks. The only real problem they have is “bumper cancer” and that’s not the end of the world. :wink:

Are you going to paint it, signwrite it on run it as it is? I’m getting a bit of vicarious excitement for you, to be honest!

xfmatt:

Harry Monk:

wyecommercials.com/details.php?id=4664

i would be adding a foot onto that exaust so it dont blacken your sheet on your trailer

I reckon that unit’s such a good ideal find and mileage for bulk work that you can justify splashing a bit on accessories. I reckon some white side fairings to hide the midlift would look nice like another poster had on his. Would probably have to wrap the fuel tank side white and have a small piece of fibreglass fairing on that side but would still look good.

Silver_Surfer:
Yeah, non steer mid lifts should be banned.

It would defeat the weight saving object of the diddy wheel midlifts a bit though as all the drag links, tie rods and steering knuckles for a mid-steer weigh quite a bit.

If I bought that, the very first thing I’d do is to get a big bottle of T-Cut and some wax and spend an afternoon putting elbow grease on the cab with cut-up old T-shirts, I reckon it would come up really well.

scotstrucker:

xfmatt:

scotstrucker:

yep takes about 15 mins to do but saves on tyres, gives you more traction in farm yards etc, my ftp cf chewed a set of midlift in 7 month before we got the midlift doctored, after they lasted 2 years

Yeah ill be getting that done then. I love that about the MAN I have currently. Any bit of grease or muck in a farm and I can lift the axle off the ground upto 30kph. Also lift it in any yards when im manoeuvring to save on tyre scrub.

Harry Monk:
Looks good, I’ve driven a couple as a company driver and they are excellent trucks. The only real problem they have is “bumper cancer” and that’s not the end of the world. :wink:

Are you going to paint it, signwrite it on run it as it is? I’m getting a bit of vicarious excitement for you, to be honest!

I will run it as it is for a month and iron out any niggles it may have as theyll only stand by it for a month. After that ill be getting it stickered up same as my MAN and getting the bumper and steps painted blue to match my trailer chassis. Im thinking blue lettering with a silver/light grey shadow for the lettering?

Own Account Driver:
I reckon that unit’s such a good ideal find and mileage for bulk work that you can justify splashing a bit on accessories. I reckon some white side fairings to hide the midlift would look nice like another poster had on his. Would probably have to wrap the fuel tank side white and have a small piece of fibreglass fairing on that side but would still look good.

Won’t be spending any extras on it for a while, if at all. A secondhand set of alloys would be added if they came up at the right price but thats it.

Harry Monk:
If I bought that, the very first thing I’d do is to get a big bottle of T-Cut and some wax and spend an afternoon putting elbow grease on the cab with cut-up old T-shirts, I reckon it would come up really well.

Im really not good with washing/polishing Harry but ill see what time ive got!!

Matt