Www.bbc.co.uk/thebox container tracking

something interesting the bbc have bought a container and fitted gps to it and are going to track it for a year to see were it goes and what it carries …bit sad i know but interesting still

China and back, China and back, China and back…

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/bus … efault.stm

wait until the easten block drivers get hold of it and it will be on the move all of the time without their breaks (as per BBC program) :unamused:

:angry: That’ll put the license fee up again i suppose :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder how long it will sit at the docks while the truck is there waiting for it!!!

well with bbc slapped all over it at least it wont get filled with any stolen plant and shifted out of site.

Won’t they be a peed off if it gets loaded with scrap and melted down on its first trip :smiley:

Be a bit more hilarious if it ends up in West Thurrock sitting on the pile of containers for a full year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stvme2519:
something interesting the bbc have bought a container and fitted gps to it and are going to track it for a year to see were it goes and what it carries …bit sad i know but interesting still

Or they could of done it the easy way by going to (for example) ACL website and punch the box number in and it tells you :wink:

be even more funny if it ends up at Pentalvers in soton and sold on as a storage shed… lol

if it comes in or out through liverpool docks.there wont be much tracking to do.it will sit…and sit…and sit…as well as the poor driver waiting to load it.
nevertheless…interesting.
i bookmarked the site.
be worth a look in every night when on the computer.talking to a guy from belfast who does container work.#it seems belfast container terminal is called
the bermuda triangle.
trucks and drivers go in and never seem to come out.

Mike-C:

stvme2519:
Or they could of done it the easy way by going to (for example) ACL website and punch the box number in and it tells you :wink:

if you watch the painting up video it shows that its a NYK box # NYKU8210506
track it at www2.nykline.com/

saw it on the news today,apparently they havent bought it,its just liveried in bbc colours,guess that will make it stand out for filming.

Ever since this started its been sat at Southampton docks by the looks of it!
Yep…its certainly a typical container :smiley:

Alex

They said live on TV this morning that Its going by rail to Glasgow to be loaded with Scotch for China. Whats the chances of it getting to China?

Is it normal to send an EMPTY box from Hampshire to Scotland to load. :question:

Every Villian in the world now knows its got whiskey on :laughing: :laughing:
Very nicely marked :exclamation:

Chas Malthouse:
Is it normal to send an EMPTY box from Hampshire to Scotland to load. :question:

probably :laughing:

it’s probably one of the few loads that is’nt plastic scrap or scrap metal these days and it’s quite normal to send empty’s north i used to drop loads of boxes at liverpool for hamburg sud when they used to load up th :wink: ere

Every Villian in the world now knows its got whiskey on
Very nicely marked

LMAO :laughing: :laughing: