WTF

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tay … 183730.stm

You couldn’t make it up. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

45 days will certainly improve his hearing, eyesight and general driving - NOT

ROG:
45 days will certainly improve his hearing, eyesight and general driving - NOT

Hopefully though it will give him time to upgrade his sound system in the vehicle. I thought the most shocking thing about this report was he is still using cassettes. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Bet he’s been offered loads of work

Maurice Hollyfield was doing 88mph while towing a trailer on a single carriageway with a 50mph limit.

driving for "certain Irish hauliers "

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As well as the ban, the retired British Aerospace inspector

Well that’s put me off flying for a start!

Or perhaps he was getting up speed for take off!

Actually, now I’ve read it again fair play to him I say. In his eighties, can’t hear and can only see out of one eye yet he is still happy to go for it and not dawdle along at 20 mph as so many old folk seem to do. More power to him. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffee,is there any truth in the rumour Romanov’s trying to sign him for Hearts? :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

So assuming he was trying to stick to the limit he was reving at 5000rpm too I guess!

gsm31:
Coffee,is there any truth in the rumour Romanov’s trying to sign him for Hearts? :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Undoubtedly. Centre back I believe, can’t be any worse than the shower of ■■■■■ we have in defence at the moment, that doesn’t include Berra…

gsm31:

Sign him for hearts! it was romanov driving his latest manager out of town.
COME ON THE GERS :smiley:

You couldn’t make it up. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]

When i read the rev counter bit :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So he was reading the rev counter instead of the speedo and was doing 88mph?

So he was doing 8,800 rpm then? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not even VTEC engines go up that high. What gear was he in, 1st? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ban the [zb] right now. :angry:

Years ago I had a Mazda RX3, flying machine and soooo smooth. My parents used it to go to my uncles farm in Heathfield. Mum got done on a shopping errand doing 83 in a 50 zone.

yep, rev counter versus speedo. She never lived it down…

Rob K:

So he was doing 8,800 rpm then? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not even VTEC engines go up that high. What gear was he in, 1st? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ban the [zb] right now. :angry:

How did you work the 8,800rpm out then?

If it had 5 gears and he was in top, it would probably be nearer 4500rpm depending on the gearing. This would be marked as 45 or similar on the tacho.

The old codger is a muppet, but it’s better than getting stuck behind the 10mph Sunday drivers.

Lame attempt at humour, or innumeracy? You decide.

DoYouMeanMe?:

Years ago I had a Mazda RX3, flying machine and soooo smooth. My parents used it to go to my uncles farm in Heathfield. Mum got done on a shopping errand doing 83 in a 50 zone.

yep, rev counter versus speedo. She never lived it down…

■■■■■■

I remember those rotarys, how they revved :stuck_out_tongue:

Oy. I have been bleeped out for mentioning the name of the rotary engine used in the NSU and Mazda RX3 :smiley:

Nothing wrong with the word W A N K E L, since it really is a type of rotary engine.
Didn’t a model of Van Veen motorcycle have that type of rotary engine too :question:
(I’m guessing that’s the word you wanted to use Wheel Nut :wink: )

IMHO, the machine that does the ZB’ing might need fixing :laughing:
Perhaps we shoud fill in a defect form for it. :laughing: (Whilst wearing a hard-hat and hi-viz, of course. :wink: )

dieseldave:
Nothing wrong with the word W A N K E L, since it really is a type of rotary engine.
Didn’t a model of Van Veen motorcycle have that type of rotary engine too :question:
(I’m guessing that’s the word you wanted to use Wheel Nut :wink: )

IMHO, the machine that does the ZB’ing might need fixing :laughing:
Perhaps we shoud fill in a defect form for it. :laughing: (Whilst wearing a hard-hat and hi-viz, of course. :wink: )

And the finest Norton motorcycles ever built used the same engine.

Blame all the numpty’s who’ve tried to use inventive spelling to get 'round the censor. We got bored of editing them so shoved a wildcard in to save wasting time. Live with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut.

Sop you will know Ripley Malc who has a few of them thent?