WTF

DoYouMeanMe?:
Wheel Nut.

Sop you will know Ripley Malc who has a few of them thent?

Do you mean Ron :stuck_out_tongue:

No. Malc Stanley. Used to work on them for the police. Raced them at Derby Phoenix events and Darley. Ex Barrie Rodgers (Bodgers) mech.

I know Rocket Ron raced them as did Eddie Stobarts main technical man Phil Borley

macplaxton:

Rob K:
So he was reading the rev counter instead of the speedo and was doing 88mph?

So he was doing 8,800 rpm then? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not even VTEC engines go up that high. What gear was he in, 1st? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ban the [zb] right now. :angry:

How did you work the 8,800rpm out then?

If it had 5 gears and he was in top, it would probably be nearer 4500rpm depending on the gearing. This would be marked as 45 or similar on the tacho.

The old codger is a muppet, but it’s better than getting stuck behind the 10mph Sunday drivers.

Lame attempt at humour, or innumeracy? You decide.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never seen any mph readings on the rev counter :unamused: . It’s quite simple really. :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:

macplaxton:

Rob K:

So he was doing 8,800 rpm then? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not even VTEC engines go up that high. What gear was he in, 1st? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If it had 5 gears and he was in top, it would probably be nearer 4500rpm depending on the gearing. This would be marked as 45 or similar on the tacho.

The old codger is a muppet, but it’s better than getting stuck behind the 10mph Sunday drivers.

Well correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never seen any mph readings on the rev counter :unamused: . It’s quite simple really. :unamused: :unamused:

But he didn’t know he was doing 88, he thought he was complying with the speed limit so his ‘speedo’ - rev counter - would have been reading 5000 or less and to him 5000 = 50 mph

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

macplaxton:

Rob K:

But he didn’t know he was doing 88, he thought he was complying with the speed limit so his ‘speedo’ - rev counter - would have been reading 5000 or less and to him 5000 = 50 mph

But that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, unless he was driving in 3rd gear, which I highly doubt. 90mph in mine in top gear is 3000rpm.

:confused: :confused:

90 mph in most vehicles would be about 80% of the rev scale. 5000 rpm being 80+mph would be right for many smaller cars. Don’t forget, he may have thought he was doing less than 50 (or 5000 rpm)

Lucy:
Blame all the numpty’s who’ve tried to use inventive spelling to get 'round the censor. We got bored of editing them so shoved a wildcard in to save wasting time. Live with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
But that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, unless he was driving in 3rd gear, which I highly doubt.

Given everything else daft he was doing what makes you so sure he wasn’t driving in 3rd gear? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Whatever way you look at it he claims he didn’t know he was breaking the speed limit as he was looking at the rev counter and not teh speedo, therefore the rev counter must have been reading 5000 or less.

90 mph/145k/ph in my car is 4000 rpm and it’s a 6 speed. so the old ■■■■’s story tally’s in my book.

ellies dad:
90 mph/145k/ph in my car is 4000 rpm and it’s a 6 speed. so the old ■■■■’s story tally’s in my book.

You are doing 4000 rpm at 90mph in 6th gear? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You need to take it back then because it’s broken. My Mondeo TDCi does 2500 at that speed in 6th. My Astravan before it only did 3000rpm at that speed in 5th.

Rob K:

Nor have I. However:

I’m not excusing his behaviour, but I’ve driven enough vehicles to know that some instruments are very similar and tachometers can have RPM x100 marked, so round the outer edge you have a big 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.

All tachometers should be marked RPM x1000 so the outer edge has 0, 1 , 2, 3, 4, etc. Gives an idiot a fighting chance to tell the difference then. Or just fit a humungous clock in it’s place.

Headlines Deaf driver with glass eye banned

"He said the reason for his driving was that he was listening to loud music on his cassette player because of his deafness.

Why the ■■■■ did he have is cassette player on? like he can really here it pmsl

theses old scrotums dont give a heck lol my man likes speeding then hey :slight_smile:

Rob K:

ellies dad:

You are doing 4000 rpm at 90mph in 6th gear? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You need to take it back then because it’s broken. My Mondeo TDCi does 2500 at that speed in 6th. My Astravan before it only did 3000rpm at that speed in 5th.

It ain’t broke. You’ve just been driving too many diesels to remember how petrol engines perform. :unamused:

It is easy to make a mistake chaps. I was going back to Donington late one night on a hired Suzuki SV1000. The A511 is awash with cameras and I was being careful, or so I thought.
One camera came up a big sooner than i thought, hit the anchors, glance down at speedo, needle hovering around the 3 mark, pass the Gatso and shock, horror, it FLASHED. I then looked down again to see a big digital speedo saying 38 and the rev counter saying 3000. (couldn’t tell you which gear)
Luckily (for me), the bike company went bust, bike was company asset and was taken by the liquidators 2 days later and the unit he worked from was locked up. The letter went there but nothing was ever done about it.
You really don’t need to be 80 to make a simple mistake, just a slight lapse in concentration.
2 of us in the same family have done it and I bet many more have got away with it before they got nicked.