WTF? This is who you're sharing the roads with

Cant believe there are so many negative replys to this as someone who suffers from this believe me
DONT THINK IT CANT HAPPEN TO YOU. I had to hand in my HGV after doing and enjoying the job for 40yrs and it only took about 3 months for it to take hold and change me from being a confident driver to ending up with a fear of not being able to do any job I was given. So I ended up on a truck wash for my last couple of years as I still loved trucks.Even now 7yrs later I dont do a lot of driving with the car. Eddie.

erfguy:
Cant believe there are so many negative replys to this as someone who suffers from this believe me
DONT THINK IT CANT HAPPEN TO YOU. I had to hand in my HGV after doing and enjoying the job for 40yrs and it only took about 3 months for it to take hold and change me from being a confident driver to ending up with a fear of not being able to do any job I was given. So I ended up on a truck wash for my last couple of years as I still loved trucks.Even now 7yrs later I dont do a lot of driving with the car. Eddie.

Glad to see you binned your licence when you lost the plot, rather than just blindly carry on like those idiots are doing. You are the perfect example of how it should be done. Perhaps you could reply to them all and tell them in your own way to gtf off the roads before they kill themselves or someone else.

Rob K:
I see there’s a ton more of them come crawling out of the woodwork now. Is it any wonder that there’s so many crashes when you’ve got idiots like them driving about? Should ban the [zb] lot of them and make them walk or use a bus. What gets me is that they know they’ve got a problem but just moan about it on internet forums and carry on regardless, putting themselves and everyone else in danger. Cheers for that. :unamused:

You have got to be the most self-opinionated, arrogant, know-all keyboard warrior I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. Until you suffer from this, and I hope for your sake you are never afflicted by this horrible, but thankfully treatable condition, because if you do, you will be scared ■■■■■■■■■ You honestly think they just “carry on regardless”? That sentence alone just shows your bloody ignorance. These people have got more courage than you could ever hope to have, they’re not afraid to say “I have a problem, help” but then there’s always some total ■■■ like you in every walk of life. It must be nice to be so bloody perfect. And yes, I have suffered from this condition and have been treated and cured by a psychologist. You should try it yourself Rob there may be a cure for terminal tossers too

Coffeeholic:

schrodingers cat:
Next thing is they’ll be sueing us for causing stress. :imp:

We could sue them first for putting us in danger. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

These people need punching, hard.

They’re not the only ones you prick

That’s truely shocking. I knew it was only a matter of time untill someone brought up the big intimidating thundering juggernaughts :laughing:
I haven’t read all the posts but just a few comments from those people sum up the standard of driving on britains roads.
“I hate it when Im in the middle lane and get sandwhiched in between 2 cars”
“I have a fear of slip roads and joining a motorway or dual carriage way”

If the government want to make money, how about bringing in a refresher course they have to do every 5 years, on how to drive rather than putting up prices at the pumps.

Rat67:

Rob K:
I see there’s a ton more of them come crawling out of the woodwork now. Is it any wonder that there’s so many crashes when you’ve got idiots like them driving about? Should ban the [zb] lot of them and make them walk or use a bus. What gets me is that they know they’ve got a problem but just moan about it on internet forums and carry on regardless, putting themselves and everyone else in danger. Cheers for that. :unamused:

You have got to be the most self-opinionated, arrogant, know-all keyboard warrior I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. Until you suffer from this, and I hope for your sake you are never afflicted by this horrible, but thankfully treatable condition, because if you do, you will be scared [zb]. You honestly think they just “carry on regardless”? That sentence alone just shows your bloody ignorance. These people have got more courage than you could ever hope to have, they’re not afraid to say “I have a problem, help” but then there’s always some total ■■■ like you in every walk of life. It must be nice to be so bloody perfect. And yes, I have suffered from this condition and have been treated and cured by a psychologist. You should try it yourself Rob there may be a cure for terminal tossers too

lolwut? :smiley: Are you for real? I presume you have not actually read the thread linked otherwise you would see that “carrying on regardless” is exactly what they are doing. I would not have any issue whatsoever if they’d said “hey, I was driving along and x happened and I froze and couldn’t do anything, I think I was having a panic attack so aren’t gonna drive til I’m fixed” - that is fine, but that is not what they are doing. So if it makes you feel better to resort to name calling and throwing insults about in response to me telling them to get the ■■■■ off the roads then go ahead. That says more about you than it does about me. :bulb:

Kind regards.

Rat67:

Coffeeholic:

schrodingers cat:
Next thing is they’ll be sueing us for causing stress. :imp:

We could sue them first for putting us in danger. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

These people need punching, hard.

They’re not the only ones you prick

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I knew that would get a bite from someone. Don’t you know not to feed the Troll? :wink:

So you think it is perfectly acceptable for them to know they are suffering with this yet still carry on driving? They have said on that forum that is what they are doing. It’s not acceptable, they shouldn’t be on any road while they suffer from this and if they are too stupid to realise that then they need hitting [zb]ing hard until they get the message.

I’ve sympathy for the condition but there are THREE examples of when this has happened and also -

I was so relaxed that, on the way back, I almost went for the motorway again

Nearly a fourth.

This person needs to go get help and in the meanwhile get off the ■■■■ road and stop being a danger to other people.

So anyone who is concerned for this person’s welfare, go do that. And make sure they don’t share a road with me, thanks.

That thread is littered with people attempting to carry on driving dangerously.

I get really light-headed and dizzy and then a feeling of sheer panic and that I am going to pass out.

I persevere because it would be a huge loss to us if we couldnt drive

I regularly have to drive on the M25 from the M3 to M26 and there is always a point where I feel quite odd and as the OP said, kind of disoriented.

How many of these are the DVLA aware of?

Ian G:
I’ve sympathy for the condition but there are THREE examples of when this has happened and also -

I was so relaxed that, on the way back, I almost went for the motorway again

Nearly a fourth.

This person needs to go get help and in the meanwhile get off the ■■■■ road and stop being a danger to other people.

So anyone who is concerned for this person’s welfare, go do that. And make sure they don’t share a road with me, thanks.

That thread is littered with people attempting to carry on driving dangerously.

I get really light-headed and dizzy and then a feeling of sheer panic and that I am going to pass out.

I persevere because it would be a huge loss to us if we couldnt drive

I regularly have to drive on the M25 from the M3 to M26 and there is always a point where I feel quite odd and as the OP said, kind of disoriented.

How many of these are the DVLA aware of?

Also the OP on that thread has posted

Sharona68:
If I thought for one minute that I wasn’t safe to drive, I wouldn’t. End of.

So she obviously thinks she is safe despite this.

My first ever job when I worked in a warehouse, they employed a van driver who was scared of motorways :laughing: used to take him 2 and half hours to get from Uxbridge to Camberley :laughing:

This kind of haplessness annoys me, because when the inevitable happens and I have my accident it’s bound to be an idiot like this that causes it.

For ten million drivers, simply venturing onto a motorway can turn a normal journey into a nightmare. More than one third of drivers admit to regular feelings of anxiety when driving or considering driving on motorways according to the RAC.
Their recent findings also reveal that more than one in 10 drivers become ‘extremelyanxious’ and may even drive a significant distance out of their way to avoid travelling on a motorway. This means that nearly 12 per cent of drivers are experiencing anxiety levels more significant than if they were attending job interviews, visiting the dentist or going on a first date.
The fear of motorways is known as Motorway Anxiety Disorder or MAD.
Symptoms of MAD include:
· Raised heart rate
· Raised blood pressure
· Excess sweating, particularly palms of hands
· Tension headaches
· Stomach cramps
· Insomnia
· Digestive problems

Through their indecisive driving behaviour, nervous drivers reinforce their own fears, cause other drivers to become frustrated by their indecisive habits, and increase the risk of accidents on motorways.
For those nervous drivers who do venture out on to the motorways, high levels of anxiety make them more likely to make mechanical errors in the operation of the vehicle as well as perceptual errors. Mistakes include:
· Leaving the indicator on
· Staying in fourth gear
· Driving at excessively slow or fast speeds
· Drive too close to the car in front
MAD is both treatable and manageable.

Top ten worst motorways for nervous drivers:

1. M25 - circular and congested. Chris Rea’s Road to Hell?
  2. A1 (M) - changes between motorway and non-motorway standard,
    roundabouts.
  3. M4/M5 interchange - confusing signs.
  4. M1 junction 28 -32 - severe congestion, traffic coming on and off.
  5. M6 Birmingham - elevated and local traffic mixes with through
    traffic.
  6. M4 Maidenhead - highest national rate of tailgating (70 per cent).
  7. M27 near Southampton - cargo port and foreign drivers.
    :sunglasses: M8 to Glasgow - on ramps from the right onto the outside lane.
  8. M4 Wales - the height of the Severn Bridge scares drivers.
  9. M18 near Doncaster - confusing as it links to M1, A1(M), M180 and
    M62.

ahh the good old sliproad at the M8 jnc 17. where would you stand if you got stuck out in that lane

it isnt the best motorway junction tbh

gogzy:
ahh the good old sliproad at the M8 jnc 17. where would you stand if you got stuck out in that lane

When I lived in Glasgow I used to come down that every day and it was always a nightmare trying to get across to lane 1 in the truck, especially in the peak periods. I’m sure the car driving numpties deliberately block you so you’re forced off at the next junction (also on the right). :angry:

Rob K:

gogzy:

When I lived in Glasgow I used to come down that every day and it was always a nightmare trying to get across to lane 1 in the truck, especially in the peak periods. I’m sure the car driving numpties deliberately block you so you’re forced off at the next junction (also on the right). :angry:

it is a messed up junction, only time ive been down that sliproad was in my car and once in an old 7.5 tonner with no limiter…so was able to get out easily enough. i think you would probably have to barge your way in at that junction.

Another 2 pages of excuses and BS have been contributed on the thread now. That Sharon just doesn’t get it at all. Mind you, with a name like Sharon… :unamused:

Rob K:
Another 2 pages of excuses and BS have been contributed on the thread now. That Sharon just doesn’t get it at all. Mind you, with a name like Sharon… :unamused:

There are some right throbbers on that thread. One couple just ‘bowl along in the slow lane’ when on the motorway. Another nutjob is suggesting she carries a brown paper bag to breath into when she has an attack, not the best advice while at the wheel.

Also, and possibly not connected, someone’s sister ‘hasn’t gone down in about 7 years’. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a theory, based on an incident that occurred whilst drivibg in America.
I was driving on I15 Barstow - Las Vegas - a road with a poor reputation.
We passed a serious accident, and continued.
Shortly after it started to drizzle (yes in the desert), but I drove on with the road clear and with light traffic.
My brother-in-law who was in the passenger seat, shouted STOP WE ARE GOING TO CRASH!
I looked at him and asked if he was alright, and it transpired that the drizzle on the windscreen, coupled to poor eyesight, meant he was not able to see ahead beyond the windscreen (I could),
I have noted he only travels at about 50-60 on UK roads, and will not drive at night.
This is all down to poor eye sight, and believe that much that has been discussesd is also down to this.
The level of concentration needed to see ahead, means that much of the attention on what is going on beside and behind them is missed, creating panic and feeling of loss of control.
Just my thoughts.

mi13ke:
I have a theory, based on an incident that occurred whilst drivibg in America.
I was driving on I15 Barstow - Las Vegas - a road with a poor reputation.
We passed a serious accident, and continued.
Shortly after it started to drizzle (yes in the desert), but I drove on with the road clear and with light traffic.
My brother-in-law who was in the passenger seat, shouted STOP WE ARE GOING TO CRASH!
I looked at him and asked if he was alright, and it transpired that the drizzle on the windscreen, coupled to poor eyesight, meant he was not able to see ahead beyond the windscreen (I could),
I have noted he only travels at about 50-60 on UK roads, and will not drive at night.
This is all down to poor eye sight, and believe that much that has been discussesd is also down to this.
The level of concentration needed to see ahead, means that much of the attention on what is going on beside and behind them is missed, creating panic and feeling of loss of control.
Just my thoughts.

I reckon you’re right.

This thread is so zb funny lool. They just need to make a brew when they feel like there going off the rails on m’ways.