'WTF?' driving...

What I saw last night made me wonder how the guy had stayed alive so long - I followed this truck down the M5 for about 30-40 miles, he was swerving about a bit and I thought nothing of it at first… then we got to the roadworks and how he missed the cones was a miracle, I thought [zb] me is he falling asleep? Got to an exit slip where he indicated & moved over politely for the traffic and I thought ok at least he’s awake enough to do that - next set of roadworks and he almost went into the concrete barrier and veered wildly, just managing to stay in the lane, then bimbled down the rest of the Mway like a pinball - he turned off at the same exit as me, then went straight over the roundabout & back on the M5! I guess the driver was either stupidly tired or ■■■■■■ up, I was anticipating being the one to be dialling 999 though… :confused:

The offslip and onslip suggests “stupidly tired”.

I think the offslip trick works better if you stop outright in a layby, and at least get out and kick your tyres for a few mins before continuing…

It’s not the 15 hour shifts that get me - but the post-7am finishes with no proper breaks in them - such as one doesn’t get whilst in tip queues at pallet hubs. :frowning:

Yep - I’m already well aware of those kind of shifts! :laughing:

As for falling asleep, no job is ever worth potentially killing yourself and a few other people for though :frowning:

Face:
What I saw last night made me wonder how the guy had stayed alive so long - I followed this truck down the M5 for about 30-40 miles, he was swerving about a bit and I thought nothing of it at first… then we got to the roadworks and how he missed the cones was a miracle, I thought [zb] me is he falling asleep? Got to an exit slip where he indicated & moved over politely for the traffic and I thought ok at least he’s awake enough to do that - next set of roadworks and he almost went into the concrete barrier and veered wildly, just managing to stay in the lane, then bimbled down the rest of the Mway like a pinball - he turned off at the same exit as me, then went straight over the roundabout & back on the M5! I guess the driver was either stupidly tired or ■■■■■■ up, I was anticipating being the one to be dialling 999 though… :confused:

Seriously, you followed him for 30 -40 miles :neutral_face:

There are a lot of drivers out there who drive as if tired but in reality it could be their eyesight and it all depends on the lighting which has a big effect on it.
Stefluc

Stefluc:
There are a lot of drivers out there who drive as if tired but in reality it could be their eyesight and it all depends on the lighting which has a big effect on it.
Stefluc

. . . or they could be Belgian :bulb:

Stefluc:
Stefluc

Jerky steering is more indicative of “dead beat” whereas “poor eyesight” tends to see the driver hitting stationary objects at low speed. They won’t be doing “high” speed, because they know they’ll not be able to stop in time if anything goes amiss.

Probably on sadbook or some other no life pastime, or knocking himself about whilst watching grot on the same device.

Blatantly an agency driver… :laughing:

So full timers can’t get tired driving up arses, overtaking on roundabouts, and steaming past on the limiter through roadworks - all because a full timer is on job & knock and the agency bod is paid by the hour? :unamused:

Winseer:
So full timers can’t get tired driving up arses, overtaking on roundabouts, and steaming past on the limiter through roadworks - all because a full timer is on job & knock and the agency bod is paid by the hour? :unamused:

It was a sarcastic comment because a lot of threads blame everything on the agency driver, lighten up you miserable git :unamused:

Driver could of been diabetic getting a bit low on power ?

what i saw this morning on m6 at 5am was typical of yet another container driver decided to go off road but leave his 40foot container on the motorway what a prick
just proves without doubt its not royal mail drivers that are crap drivers its you container thugs who think you own the road :grimacing:

On his phone.

oh yes and thank you to the eddie stobart driver who blatantly pulled out of rugby truckstop at 4am and nearly took me out must have been watching himself on tv :exclamation: nobhead

mike68:
Probably on sadbook or some other no life pastime, or knocking himself about whilst watching grot on the same device.

Written by a guy on ‘TrucknetUK’ - Pot, kettle… :open_mouth:

OllieNotts:

Winseer:

It was a sarcastic comment because a lot of threads blame everything on the agency driver, lighten up you miserable git :unamused:

Actually, the retort I expected to the above was to suggest that the three firms I mentioned are ALL run by agency these days. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Face:

Driving was that worrying and you did WHAT??

Face:

Wasn’t a Co-op artic was it by per chance? I was overtaken by one using his over run then ended up passing him again, didn’t think much of it as that often happens, but then he came by me on the flat, pulled in and from J22 to 25 he was all over the shop. If anything had been in the hard shoulder he would totalled them. Must have passed and he repassed a couple of times and he looked like he was struggling to keep his head up. I ended up calling 999 and just as I passed him again near Devon Dip they were coming down the road behind me with the blues on. Never heard anything from it, not that I expected to but hopefully assuming there were no health issues they threw the book at him…

OllieNotts:
Blatantly an agency driver… :laughing:

Bit of a wide statement to make, arrogant to say the least?
You must be a real hit with other drivers you tell that to?