WTD 10hr rule infringement

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could explain an infringement I think I’ve got. I worked two 13.5hr days on Mon & Tue. I start at 12:00 on both days and took a reduced 10.5hr rest between them. Tachomaster is saying I’ve exceeded the 24hr work limit based on the 10hr rule. I don’t get how this makes sense. Please help. I’ve attached screenshots of my card download if useful

image4.jpg

Looking at it your working nights.
Nights wtd is 10 hours you can of course opt out and work longer.
But I’m guessing the tacho download software is presuming on nights it’s 10 hours hence the infringment.
Maybe there’s a way to change the settings I duno.
But quick glance looks legal to me

You are showing your reg number, and might want to delete that?
Also the screen shot seems over sized?
Maybe delete it and try again? :smiley:

Franglais:
Maybe delete it and try again? :smiley:

No issue with showing reg and it’s publicly viewable when I’m driving. And the screenshots are showing the work and rest I’ve done so someone can look through it to see if it all adds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Done, also been let loose with the crayons to hide the reg number. They still won’t let me have the red ones, even though they taste better! :cry: :laughing:

Colingl:

Franglais:

Done, also been let loose with the crayons to hide the reg number. They still won’t let me have the red ones, even though they taste better! :cry: :laughing:

I had a habit of sucking the ends of pencils.
When I was grown up enough to be trusted with a pen, it didn`t work out well.

Ah, the memories of my 40`s…

It looks like tachomaster is not set to ignore the 10 hour night worker rule. There is a setting somewhere to make it ignore the 10 hour rule if your company has opted out of the 10 hour tonight rule. So if you have a workforce opt out from the rule you have no Infringement. If you don’t have a workforce opt out rule then you do have said Infringement.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:
It looks like tachomaster is not set to ignore the 10 hour night worker rule. There is a setting somewhere to make it ignore the 10 hour rule if your company has opted out of the 10 hour tonight rule. So if you have a workforce opt out from the rule you have no Infringement. If you don’t have a workforce opt out rule then you do have said Infringement.

This is by far the most helpful response. Is the opt out something I would’ve signed or is it company wide? Either way how can I find out?

malyk_38:

simcor:

This is by far the most helpful response. Is the opt out something I would’ve signed or is it company wide? Either way how can I find out?

Usually you would have signed a piece of paperwork for it when you started saying you opt out of the 10 hour night rule.

malyk_38:

simcor:

You could ask the transport office people, driver trainer (if there is one), or one of the more knowledgeable other drivers.
In fact, ask all of them, they’re all bound to say something different.

Tbh I don’t know of any companies that don’t have a 20 hour night rule opt out to be fair.

So it is fairly unlikely you don’t have a workforce agreement in place to opt out of the 10 hour night rule.

Whoever uses Tachomaster should know this and should be able to change tachomaster to ignore that rule. They also should have been able to explain all this to you when getting you to sign an infringement.

I assume this is from the company you work for and not your own card reading with tachomaster at home?

simcor:
Tbh I don’t know of any companies that don’t have a 20 hour night rule opt out to be fair.

So it is fairly unlikely you don’t have a workforce agreement in place to opt out of the 10 hour night rule.

Whoever uses Tachomaster should know this and should be able to change tachomaster to ignore that rule. They also should have been able to explain all this to you when getting you to sign an infringement.

I assume this is from the company you work for and not your own card reading with tachomaster at home?

This is from a card download at home. I check my card at the end of my 5 days on to see it’s all looking correct. I’ve not had anything from the company yet. Hopefully their system disregards it

malyk_38:

simcor:

This is from a card download at home. I check my card at the end of my 5 days on to see it’s all looking correct. I’ve not had anything from the company yet. Hopefully their system disregards it

If you click on worker calendar, then search your name in the search box at the top of the web page it opens. Then click your name, then click edit worker.

You will see the section working habits, night hours agreement box should be blank if a workforce opt out agreement is in place.

Tachomaster will then ignore the 10 hour rule.

Are you also double manned? Which clearly downloading your card at home you are not.

If single manned then you also have a setting turned on for double manning, hence is says crew instead of single. So it’s also set to ignore the rules and to allow for longer shifts under double man rules of 2 cards are present in the same vehicle.

Tachomaster is excellent software but it does need to be set up correctly to account for the variations.

simcor:
Are you also double manned? Which clearly downloading your card at home you are not.

If single manned then you also have a setting turned on for double manning, hence is says crew instead of single. So it’s also set to ignore the rules and to allow for longer shifts under double man rules of 2 cards are present in the same vehicle.

Tachomaster is excellent software but it does need to be set up correctly to account for the variations.

I’ve changed the setting now however it doesn’t appear to change historic events. Hopefully it’ll be fine from now on. As for double man, no I’m usually not. However the last two days I’ve been out with someone as they’ve been training me on deckers. Thanks again for your help. People like you are the reason I’m a part of these forums.

malyk_38:

simcor:

I’ve changed the setting now however it doesn’t appear to change historic events. Hopefully it’ll be fine from now on. As for double man, no I’m usually not. However the last two days I’ve been out with someone as they’ve been training me on deckers. Thanks again for your help. People like you are the reason I’m a part of these forums.

No it won’t change a historic event after the change I don’t think. However now it will ignore the 10 hour rule for any further uploads of the card.

I wonder why it shows double manned when you are only able to download your card at home not the other card. Unless it can see on your card that a second card was present whilst your card was inserted in slot 1. Probably overthinking it but I like to know how it works.

simcor:

malyk_38:

simcor:

No it won’t change a historic event after the change I don’t think. However now it will ignore the 10 hour rule for any further uploads of the card.

I wonder why it shows double manned when you are only able to download your card at home not the other card. Unless it can see on your card that a second card was present whilst your card was inserted in slot 1. Probably overthinking it but I like to know how it works.

Anytime I download my card at home it shows when I’m double man and it shows when I’m single. Our company sometimes puts us out together when it’s quiet or when we need to be trained on something new so it does happen on occasions. Tachomaster has always picked up things correctly which is why I found it weird to see an infringment for the 10hr rule. I like to know how it works too.

malyk_38:

simcor:

malyk_38:

simcor:

Anytime I download my card at home it shows when I’m double man and it shows when I’m single. Our company sometimes puts us out together when it’s quiet or when we need to be trained on something new so it does happen on occasions. Tachomaster has always picked up things correctly which is why I found it weird to see an infringment for the 10hr rule. I like to know how it works too.

I guess it must know from your card then if a card is in slot 2. I know it synchronises online, but I can’t see most of the data from my employers that has been downloaded. just that I drove elsewhere on that day a very limited view of the days where my card is also downloaded.

malyk_38:
[Is the opt out something I would’ve signed or is it company wide? Either way how can I find out?

It is something you would need to have signed up to, but also it needs to be company wide.

stu675:

malyk_38:
[Is the opt out something I would’ve signed or is it company wide? Either way how can I find out?

It is something you would need to have signed up to, but also it needs to be company wide.

What is a ‘relevant agreement’?

These can either be a collective agreement or a workforce agreement. A collective agreement is one made between the employer and an independent trade union. A workforce agreement is made between the employer and the relevant mobile workers of their representatives.

A collective or workforce agreement can be used to extend the night work limit, extend reference periods from 17/18 weeks up to 26 weeks, to change the start dates of reference and to allow rolling reference periods in excess of 17 weeks.

There are two types of agreements. Either a workforce agreement, or a collective agreement. So dependent upon what type of agreement drivers may well have not signed anything to opt out.