"Written apology!"

Just had a phone call from the office that I was expecting due to an “incident” about 45 mins ago.

Basically I went down a dead end road on an industrial estate and I needed to turn round so nosed into one entrance (a public tip) and back about 3/4 a trailer length into an open yard opposite. As I start to pull away some bloke comes running out and this is the conversation -

Bloke - “what you doing?”

Me - “turning around”

Bloke - “on private property”

Me “apparently”

(No signs/gates/fences etc noticed)

At this he starts getting his phone out so I just really couldn’t be arsed with a full on blarney as theae have a habit of going down hill at a rate of knots so just started to pull away and carried on with him begging me to stop.

Cue the phone call from our office.

Apparently he wants a full written apology and basically I am the spawn of satan with a license.

Can he not see its safer my way instead of reversing 400 yards towards a main road.

Office are fine and laughed about it but
I know I am probably gonna get asked to apologise but tbh I’m not going to.

Am I being awkward and an arse or should I just ■■■■ it up? Sometimes helps to have an opinion.

I had it once in Liverpool, I was in a 26t rigid with the turning circle of the QE2, I was delivering to somewhere called Lemon Tree, anyway the road was chocker and I had to go past the delivery point turn round and phone the yard as I couldn’t gain access to the delivery due to parked cars. I had to go into a Travis Perkins yard, via the exit and come out the entrance. The manager was going mental but it was either that or get stuck/knock a fence down.

I said I was sorry but I had no other choice, he said I was blocking his customers which was bs as there was no one going towards his yard and I was blocking his exit anyway. Some people just need to chill out we have to go to some right holes and we need more space than many people realise. Sod em I say

Sounds like a little “Hitler” with nothing else better to do? Take no notice! At worst he could try and do you for “Trespass” but I wouldn’t fancy his chances! As long as no damage was done can’t see the problem? Also his business can’t be doing that well if he has time to wast on silly things like this?

I am sure I could help you construct a letter that would make him spit feathers and probably go home and kick the dog :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I am sure I could help you construct a letter that would make him spit feathers and probably go home and kick the dog :laughing:

That’s actually what I’m thinking. Sort of apologise without actually apologising.

Anyway haven’t been asked yet but I like your thinking.

kjw21:

Wheel Nut:

That’s actually what I’m thinking. Sort of apologise without actually apologising.

Anyway haven’t been asked yet but I like your thinking.

Something along the lines of a written apology.

Dear Pompous man.
It must be very difficult for you to walk down the street knowing that everyone is laughing at you and your adopted kids. I do feel sorry for your wife as he was much better looking before the ■■■ change. Herbert was quite a handsome chap really.

Anyway I understand that I have upset you by daring to drive my vehicle down your lane to turn round. On the other hand I have been laughing to myself all morning how a jumped up squirt like you could ever run a business, even one as menial as yours, and you have brightened my day. My boss said you were a rude little man, insignificant and incredibly stupid. I stuck up for you and said you were not so little.

Have a nice day now. :wink:

I had it not long a go.

Got sent to a village to deliver a pallet of frozen goods to a gent. I was finding it hard to find the delivery point and once I worked out where it was I went straight past it. So I found a nice turning point and did the U turn. Well a car came, like they do when you want to turn around, I just left and carried on with my journey. Got back and the office said “Do you like doing u turns then?” and I replied “why?” because someone had phoned up to complain and also to inform us that you have a brake light out.

People have nothing else better to do. Maybe it’s because a lorry is in a village and these Herbert’s don’t lie there life’s outside there little tiny village which is there world

Haha… im still a new driver only passed in jan and worked ever since and ive ventured into lots of peoples yards to turn around. As long as the gates open and enough room dont see the problem? Obviously wouldnt bother myself if the ground in the yard looked like it wouldn’t take the weight as then the owner would have a point if you pulled half the tarmac out with you lol…

I’ve seen me put my units front end down peoples driveways in the off chance my container is for someone moving house… some people just feel empowered to moan mostly girls and metrosexuals

Wouldn’t bother yourself about the letter and just remember the handy turning area if you find yourself there in the future…

NewLad:
I had it once in Liverpool, I was in a 26t rigid with the turning circle of the QE2, I was delivering to somewhere called Lemon Tree, anyway the road was chocker and I had to go past the delivery point turn round and phone the yard as I couldn’t gain access to the delivery due to parked cars. I had to go into a Travis Perkins yard, via the exit and come out the entrance. The manager was going mental but it was either that or get stuck/knock a fence down.

I said I was sorry but I had no other choice, he said I was blocking his customers which was bs as there was no one going towards his yard and I was blocking his exit anyway. Some people just need to chill out we have to go to some right holes and we need more space than many people realise. Sod em I say

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know where you mean :wink: I used to deliver to the other builders merchants at the end of the road past Travis. This meant a reverse out up that road so one of the lads would pop up to Travis and ask if we could spin it in his yard. The fella was always happy to help because he had been asked :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Bless him :grimacing:

My letter would be -
Dear Mr nobody full of self importance,
Screw you
Lots of love and kisses
Mr couldn’t give a tihs
Xxxxxxx
■■■
X

Wheelnut - that’s much more eloquent than my

"go ■■■■ yourself!

Yours sincerely
Kieren

The other option was to weekend myself outside his unit and give him the full “six nolans trucks parked up” experience including a side order of “oh god there not melted Caramac bars all over my private property. It’s worse!”

I would just write:

[This is an automated letter please do not reply]
Dear Sir/Madam,

I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] apologise for ____________ [insert offence] on the _________ [insert time and date] and I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] assure you that this event will/not happen in the future. I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] take the time to respond in person to enquires/complaints/orders [delete as appropriate] and value your future custom.

regards
_______________[name]
_______________[signature]

Ryy86:
Haha… im still a new driver only passed in jan and worked ever since and ive ventured into lots of peoples yards to turn around. As long as the gates open and enough room dont see the problem? Obviously wouldnt bother myself if the ground in the yard looked like it wouldn’t take the weight as then the owner would have a point if you pulled half the tarmac out with you lol…

I’ve seen me put my units front end down peoples driveways in the off chance my container is for someone moving house… some people just feel empowered to moan mostly girls and metrosexuals

Wouldn’t bother yourself about the letter and just remember the handy turning area if you find yourself there in the future…

I did have occasion to turn round in a unadopted cul de sac whilst delivering a new car on a transporter. I had to just put my front wheels on the kerb to get enough room to swing round, the kerb disappeared into the tarmac and the chap wasn’t happy until he got his driveway resurfaced. That was a steep learning curve and it wasn’t a council path, it had been self built so he could get his caravan in the yard. The boss just laughed and said you wont do that again will you… I think there is a photograph on here somewhere, but it was about 2004

Strange innit how some folk are absolutely gobsmacked when they encounter a HGV on an INDUSTRIAL estate! Ffs, what do they expect?

What is it with Travis Perkins? I had a delivery for one the other day when doing multi-drop and was just about to turn into their yard (South Norwood) when a yard man,in a somewhat obnoxious manner, pointed to a sign on their gate, which was one of about a dozen signs and my eyes are supposed to magically home in on the one saying wait to be marshalled into the yard? This was after joining a long queue of traffic due to roadworks right outside their yard and now he informs me to park outside till he calls me in which wasn’t possible now because I’ve got all the following traffic up my arris. I quickly realised this would involve going all the way back round to sit in the traffic jam again so I gave him a cheery wave and went on my way. Phone calls were made to the office 'cos he had a customer waiting for the goods. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to go back… :grimacing:

Feel free to cut and paste this.

Dear Pillock,

I’m sorry you’re such a self important waste of a life.

Sincerely,

Everyone you’ve ever met

alder:
I would just write:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] apologise for ____________ [insert offence] on the _________ [insert time and date] and I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] assure you that this event will/not happen in the future. I/We/Us [delete as appropriate] take the time to respond in person to enquires/complaints/orders [delete as appropriate] and value your future custom.

regards
_______________[name]

love it +1 lol …

alder:
I would just write:

Dear Sir/Madam,

regards
_______________[name]

Expanding on that;

[To jest automatycznie list proszę nie odpowiadać]
Szanowny Panie / Szanowna Pani,

Ja / My / Us [niepotrzebne skreślić] Przepraszam za ____________ [przestępstwa wkładki] na _________ [wstawić godzinę i datę] i Ja / My / Us [niepotrzebne skreślić] Zapewniam, że to wydarzenie nie będzie / wydarzy się w przyszłości. Ja / My / Us [niepotrzebne skreślić] trochę czasu, aby osobiście do zapytań / skarg / Ordery [niepotrzebne skreślić] i wartości niestandardowych przyszłości.

pozdrowienia
_______________ [nazwa]
_______________ [podpis]

or if you want to use a language he’s got no chance of translating;

[Tämä on automaattinen kirje Älä vastaa]
Hyvä Herra / Rouva

I / Me / meitä [yliviivataan] Pahoittele ____________ [rikos] on _________ [lisää päivämäärä ja kellonaika] ja I / Me / meitä [yliviivataan] vakuuttaa teille, että tämä tapahtuma / ei tapahdu tulevaisuudessa. I / Me / meitä [tarpeeton yliviivataan] aikaa vastata henkilökohtaisesti kyselyihin / valituksia / tilaukset [yliviivataan] ja arvostamme tulevia mukautetun
terveisin
_______________ [nimi]
_______________ [allekirjoitus]

:smiling_imp:

Dear Sir,
whilst going about my delivery duties i found myself in a bit of a predicament and being unable to turn around completley in the HGV i was driving i needed to utilise all the space around me including reversing back into someone elses gateway. My office have informed me that you would like a written apology because i have reversed into your private gateway, so i would like to offer that apology to you. I would like assure you i don’t go around willy nilly looking for premises to drve into for fun. I sincerley hope you where not inconvenienced in any way.
Regards…

alder:
I would just write:

Dear Sir/Madam,

regards
_______________[name]

Lol love it that’s exactly the kind off letter id send.