Would you work for

25k for 55 hours a week? Monday to Friday day shift

Actually 50 hrs paid, hour deducted for break each day

Would you?

No

Class 1?

Nah. The hours seem like those at the crazy catering companies. I would expect more dosh though.

£8.74 an hour.

We need more info. Can you work from home? If so, can it be done without getting out of bed?

Yes I would cos its £2.5k per year more than I’m on just now for 50hrs paid.
Should add that its class 1 with my break paid so I’m really only working 45hrs but paid for 50hrs.

Absolutely, not a bad wage £500 per week for Mon - Fri day shift

It’s not a terrible wage. Awaiting the dreamers who think all drivers should be on 200k a year for 20 hours a week now…

daffyd:
25k for 55 hours a week? Monday to Friday day shift

Actually 50 hrs paid, hour deducted for break each day

Would you?

What’s the salary for the other 6 months of the year?

On the books?? Why not, it’s nothing to write home about, but it’s hardly tragic money either.

we are earning £25k for 48 hours (class 1).although the 48 hour thing is spread over 26 weeks

Contraflow:
£8.74 an hour.

We need more info. Can you work from home? If so, can it be done without getting out of bed?

:laughing: :laughing:

I’d say that was about an average wage in my part of the country, and plenty of people work for less.

Im class 2 and at the minute im working for 10 ph agency and im not taking a penny less after one of my last posts i got told off for acepting 9ph haha

:question: :question: Not a chance. I just left a job that only paid £28.7k for 55 hours!

why wouldn’t you if its reasonable kit and work.?.no doubt the ones that say they wouldn’t are similar to those that have a car identical to yours,except that theirs gets an extra 15 mpg out of it…or,they cant find a job that pays as much so here comes the green eyed monster trying to belittle yours. 500 in your hip every week is ticketyboo for most,and better than lots though there will always be some angency warrior that can make that in 3 shifts over the weekend (once upon a time,in a land far far away),that land dosent exist after xmas though until Tosco etc start recruiting in march again.but there you go…500 week in and week out…not so shabby.

I’m on 25000 mon to fri for roughly 60 hrs or that’s what wage is worked out on £20 extra night out pure ■■■■ so your slightly in front

The way i see ot if you have got a brand new truck then your paying for it out of your wages give me a old truck and more money anyday, if you worked in a office would you want a pay rise or a new office chair

I’d like to hope that I’m not in the position to need it, because that would mean I’ve left My present job(which is salaried at a higher rate than that). If I was in the job market though, I’d take it.

daffyd:
25k for 55 hours a week? Monday to Friday day shift ?

If its salary you’d be clearing about £400 pw, none off this going down to bugger all when you take a week holiday, that’s what I like about salary :wink:

Contraflow:
£8.74 an hour. ?

In many areas of the country that’s bang on the going rate, and that’s with some off the “blue chip” hauliers :wink:

dieseldog999:
why wouldn’t you if its reasonable kit and work.?.no doubt the ones that say they wouldn’t are similar to those that have a car identical to yours,except that theirs gets an extra 15 mpg out of it…or,they cant find a job that pays as much so here comes the green eyed monster trying to belittle yours. 500 in your hip every week is ticketyboo for most,and better than lots though there will always be some angency warrior that can make that in 3 shifts over the weekend (once upon a time,in a land far far away),that land dosent exist after xmas though until Tosco etc start recruiting in march again.but there you go…500 week in and week out…not so shabby.

+1 I’m noticing more and more on here all people bang on about is how much more money they earn over you. I’ve walked away from very very well paid jobs (non driving) and I’m currently earning about what I did when I first started my apprenticeship, but Im a lot happier! Everyone is different, In my current circumstances this job I currently have is ideal, even with the money only being OK. You do what feels right pal!