Would you work for

End of the day it’s what you WANT from the job that matters.

If you want to earn the dollar then you need to put in the hours

£100 a day for 10 hours work isn’t bad in my eyes, dependant on the type of work of course…

dieseldog999:
500 in your hip every week is ticketyboo for most…

£25k isn’t £500 “in your hip” every week; it’s £480 before deductions.

In other words, it’s less than £400 a week.

No.

55 hours a week won’t be done by me as a full time job again until it constists of “national average wage” for the first 40 hours, and hours 41-55 paid at a reasonable overtime rate of around time and a half.

I’d do a 55 hour a week job for about £39-40k. :wink:
I can hold my breath as long as it takes too. :smiley:

I gave up a class 2 job on £10hr for a class 1 job on £9hr and I now do 15hrs a week less but I can go out in the week as I start much later in the morning and do 3 drops instead of 12. So I earn less money but I’m doing alot less work so I’m happier, it’s about finding the right work/life balance.

I wouldn’t get out of bed for that :smiley: well I had to be the first !

If the job and money suits you then I would go for it, regardless of what others say It doesn’t seem too bad, and if nights out are on top, that’s even better but its your choice…good luck.

I’ve certainly seen worse and yeah I probably would. But I’ve just struck gold ( well for me I have) start a new job Monday £29.600 pa for five days on then three off, up to eleven and a half hours shifts but it’s job and knock. Five weeks holiday plus bank holidays . Going to take a while to get used to the long hours again as my last job I only done about five hours a day. When I do get used to the hours I’ll definitely do some overtime , been told by other drivers that about £35k is the norm, this is class two work.

truckyboy:
I wouldn’t get out of bed for that :smiley: well I had to be the first !

Technically, you weren’t the first. :wink:

It’s a no from me I’m afraid. Not taking a part city and upping my hours as well unless it’s very, very, very local.

Part city = pay cut? :laughing:

steelgoon:
It’s a no from me I’m afraid. Not taking a part city and upping my hours as well unless it’s very, very, very local.

You won’t want the “part city” that is Elephant and Castle then.

You won’t find any yards at all to work out of in the City itself. :grimacing:

Contraflow:

dieseldog999:
500 in your hip every week is ticketyboo for most…

£25k isn’t £500 “in your hip” every week; it’s £480 before deductions.

In other words, it’s less than £400 a week.

Well said pal, some drivers are very deluded

cheers people - good to see your opinions

the jo

£25k for 55 hours is fantastic compared to this crap…

Multi-Drop Delivery Driver (Logistics, Distribution, Foodservices)M&J Seafood - Aylesbury

Suitable Skills/Experience:Â Driver, Class 2 Driver, CPC, Foodservice, Multi-Drop Driver, Delivery Driver, LGV, Distribution, Logistics, HGV Driver, Cat C Driver,Â

Job Title:Â Multi-Drop Delivery DriverÂ

Salary £15,502 + bonus of £100 a month after successful completion of 3 month probation period :open_mouth:

Working 5 out of 6 days excluding SundaysÂ

M&J Seafood grew organically to become the UK’s largest independent seafood supplier by the 1990s, and is now a member of Europe’s largest foodservice business, the Brakes Group. We’re passionate about supplying our customers with top quality fish & Seafood and outstanding local service.Â

We now require a Multi-Drop Driver to deliver seafood around the Home Counties. You will be delivering our customers’ orders, on multiple drops, accurately and on time, whilst also providing excellent customer service. Other key responsibilities will include:Â
Collecting monies.Maintaining product temperatures.Checking vehicles to ensure vehicle roadworthiness and compliance with VOSA regulations.Complying with Health & Safety (SSOW), hygiene and other vehicle-related legislation.You will needÂ
A full clean EU driving licence.Multi-Drop experience.Experience with a Food Distribution related industry would be advantageous.We’ll equip you with the skills you need to deliver great customer service and be the face of the M&J Seafood brand. You will also need to develop good working relationships with colleagues and customers, handling customer queries wherever possible so excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential. You must demonstrate the knowledge and initiative to make decisions, displaying evidence of organisational and prioritisation skills.Â

So if you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application which you will need to read. You must be eligible to work in the UK.Â

Might dust off my class 3 licence pre 1989 for that lol! :grimacing:

bloody hell, stinking of fish all day no doubt too

the 25k for 11hrs job is just over £9 an hour, time and a half after 8.5 hrs, overtime available at the weekend

it’s just the shifts are all about 11 hours so 25k’s what it would work out to

I used to work for Browns seafood in Park royal, I had to leave my clothes outside the house they smelt that bad, they stunk even after washing them. As for them wages , Jesus that’s unbelievably crap.

I take that home for 5 days a week
6am start back in Depo for 15:00 to 17:00 most days

i would not work for anyone that deducts breaks :unamused: :imp:

so, split opinion but the majority seem to be saying yes

I wonder if the reason for the difference in opinion is down to average wages in whatever part of the country you live in

burnley-si:
i would not work for anyone that deducts breaks :unamused: :imp:

yeah, it would be almost 28k if the breaks were paid :exclamation: