Would you take this out?

On a 12tonner. Only outer of remould on tyrewall affected.

Underlying tyrewall looks sound

Rest of tyre looks fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307685380.999683.jpg

No

No I wouldn’t. By the timing of your post were you doing your walk round checks this morning and spotted it?? If so it’s now 7:40 so did u take it out or get it changed? :slight_smile:

Not a chance!!

VOSA or Mr Plod see that and your in for a fine and points…

That’s if you don’t get a blowout before getting caught…

No.
A certain 3 points on your licence.

Absolutely … NOT.

Not even on your licence

I was expecting a foti of a bint,seeing as how it`s near the weekend. :smiley:

No

No way, not cats chance in hell. An instant PG9, and 3 pts to you for a C&U offence, if you´re lucky, but IMHO they´d look for a dangerous driving (esp if you had an accident) conviction for that.

What did the truck´s operator have to say about? I´d say that if VOSA saw that it would trigger a site visit and possibly a chat with the TC.

I’ve seen quite a few bin lorries with the back tyre walls scraped to ■■■■.

I picked up a trailer, it was pitch black and didnt see a apple sized chunk out of the side wall, took it down the road, saw it in the daylight, got a fitter sent out, was told it was legal, it was about 1/2 of an inch deep maybe more, as it had no bulges or ply showing it was legal, so in theory that is? But no I wouldnt take it out.

I wouldnt take that out, i would be on the phone to the tyre fitter straight away. What would cause that kind of damage, too much kerbing? Thats why we do daily walk round checks.

A cut in excess of 25mm or 10% of the section width of the tyre , whichever is the greater, measured in any direction on the outside of the tyre and deep enough to reach the ply or cord would deem the tyre illegal.

If there is any cut in the tyre no matter how small which exposes cords, then the tyre is illegal.

The grooves of the tread pattern must have a depth of a least 1 mm throughout a continuous band measuring at least three-quarters of the breadth of the tread and round the entire outer circumference of the tyre,

The penalties for having illegal tyres are currently up to a £2500 fine and 3 penalty points PER TYRE!

Good Lord not a chance in hell.

a tyre?
a thread about a bloody tyre?
i thought it was going to be about some old dog, where my answer might be, “yes, i would take her out, after 12 pints”. :laughing:

Would you take this out?

No not in this life :open_mouth:

Click on the image to see an enlarged image.

I’m shocked the OP asked the question! NO! You would Deserve a massive fine and points! :open_mouth:

no way :open_mouth: its an accident waiting to happen :open_mouth:

NO