Would you drive a 7.5 Tonner?

I’m totally useless at reversing rigids, give me an artic anyday :open_mouth: , thats not to say I wouldn’t have a go with a rigid :smiley: even a 7.5 tonne.

Tiger.

i’m not proud i’d push a wheel barrow if it meant the mortgage got paid every month.

I used to do a bit of casual for a local freight forwarder & did anything from a run to Germany in a LHD artic to local panic deliveries in a Transit, I prefer to drive artics but at the end of the day I go to work for what I get at the end of the week, so for the right money I’d drive anything.

Yes I would but totally dependant on the money Im an experianced driver not a spotty oik who just passed his test im worth a bit more than them.

When can I start? :laughing:

Yes I’d drive anything. I don’t have a problem reversing in artics, rigids or drawbars…what’s the problem boys? A proper driver is at home driving anything! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

OK, so I’m reduced to driving a Sprinter at the moment, but it’s fast and traffic jams are not an issue! I can be from one side of the city to the other in less than 5 minutes, rush hour or not! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shrek:
Yes I’d drive anything. I don’t have a problem reversing in artics, rigids or drawbars…what’s the problem boys? A proper driver is at home driving anything! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

OK, so I’m reduced to driving a Sprinter at the moment, but it’s fast and traffic jams are not an issue! I can be from one side of the city to the other in less than 5 minutes, rush hour or not! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hmmm… do the blue lights help :question: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutely yes!

I started my driving career many many years ago in a vehicle that I still think was superior to many of the HGV’s I’ve driven since - a Mercedes 814 sleeper cab.

I had my first night out in that vehicle, somewhere in West Yorkshire from what I remember, and that gave me the bug for nights out…!

Spent the next 15 years living in the back of a cab!

ROG:
Hmmm… do the blue lights help :question: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh aye! :laughing: It helps no end!

yeah i’d drive one had to do a shift in the 18 tonner today don’t mind going forwards it’s the going backwards like most turn the steering the wrong way, and can’t get use to my back end following me all the time. :laughing:

att:
Mind you, I have used the second tunnel (3.5 tons) at the Dartford crossing a couple of times now… :laughing:

Why wouldn’t you? It’s lane 2 of that tunnel which is limited to 3.5 tonnes, not the whole tunnel. I always use that tunnel, in an artic, as I can nip into the outside lane once out of the tunnel, and clear of the double lines, to avoid the people leaving it late for the exit and braking in lane 2.

scottie0011:
I have to, lost my class1 in 1999 due to being diagnosed diabetic, but saying that I love my job , still get a mix of local and distance and the occasional hop over the water.

Don’t really care if car drivers hate me and I don’t think I have been sneered at by the big boys.

Im getting this in January, its got more space inside than some artics and 18 tonners, 240 horses, no trailer changes and less tyeing down :smiley:

Tasty, Scotty, but with that spec it can’t have much more than a 2.5 tonne payload surely, assuming it’s a curtainsider or box?

That’s the only downside to puddle-jumpers; ours is a DAF 45 which is fully specced (Countrywide Farmers so loadsa bling) but only carries 3 tonnes. Since all our pallets are 1 tonne this means the only way to carry them without overloading the front axle is 3 in a line down the middle, which sometimes makes it a pain to unload 'specially as it’s 50% handball.

Gets up virtually any farm track though, even without a diff lock, and turns on a sixpence.

i like nothing better than dropping my truck of for service at our workshops,and being asked by the boss"can you grab the puddle jumper and do a couple of drops in that".ace.problem is,it only carries two cars,so my car bonus goes a bit south. :frowning:

Drove one for years before taking my HGV, and ‘yes’ I would go drive one again. Can’t see why it would be an issue, I drive because I enjoy it - whatever the wheels (unless its an Merc Assore or a Bactruss) :laughing:

Not really an issue. I love driving the bigguns but at the end of the day it’s just a tool for earning money.
I used to own a merc 814 flatbed some years back and it earnt more £’s p/w than the average artic !

Yeah no problem with that, only thing is i’d want full spec sleeper. I do like a kip when ever possible :wink:

I’ve no problem driving a 7.5t, they’re good fun for all the reasons already given. :grimacing:

I even did 2 odd days on a 3.5t, which are now more appealing, since the 7.5s need limiters. :smiley:

ok cant be arsed read all of this yet but i hold a full class1 licence and would rather drive a 7.5tonner any day then our wag and drag. The reason been in my job the smaller the truck the smaller the job and since our spare lorry is a 7.5 i get to drive that and have easy days so quite content at been lazy while been paid a class 1 wage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You enjoying your hols joey■■?

Drove one tonight from Bellshill to Preston because wasn’t much coming up.

Don’t care what i drive as long as i’m getting class 1 money.

It was a 08 plate one, was trying to get them to let me take out the old 7.5 tonner that is old enough not to need a limiter but they wouldnt let me :cry:

Used to enjoy driving them when they didnt have limiters espec doing a long motorway trunk.

I don’t mind them and wouldnt turn my nose up at one but do find them noisier and less comfortable than driving an artic. Rather drive an artic any day.