Would you drive a 7.5 Tonner?

I ask because I am in ‘no mans land’ Seems an appropriate time of the year to ask the question.
Car driver hate me because they think that I am a lorry driver.
Lorry drivers hate me because I have a small one and am probably on a car license, thus do not know how to drive.
And van drivers, well they just about hate everyone don`t they. :imp:

So, you have an LGV license, would you drive a 7.5 tonner and be sneered at by all and sundry, I have an LGV and drive a 7.5 tonner, the Leprosy is clearing up, but HIV takes a bit of moving… :wink:

Yes, I have and would do again if necessary :smiley:

No, I can’t drive rigids, I always turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I reverse whenever I try it.

I passed my very first test in one :exclamation:

Yes - no prob

at our place we all have our own wagons but every now and then we have to take turns in the puddle jumper.

Not now they’re limited to 56 mph and not allowed in fast lane!

I’d rather drive a 7.5 tonner. Faster and gives you more options of where you can stop, or go and get some dinner.

Mines limited to 53 :frowning:
Mind you, I have used the second tunnel (3.5 tons) at the Dartford crossing a couple of times now… :laughing:
You can spin an Atego back end up in 4th gear :open_mouth: Or maybe it was just Essex… :laughing:

Yes, yes , yes, anytime in preference to artics.

No problems for me to drive a 7.5 tonner, or a van come to that, it all depends upon the rate they want to pay me for doing it :smiley:

I sometimes drive a 7.5, i like them as they are nippy, you can go with the traffic as apposed to waiting for it, and you can get away with many things in a puddle jumper that you could not in an 18t rigid, trust me. :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush: :blush:

BUT I ALWAYS CLIP KERBS IN THEM DONT KNOW WHY :question: :open_mouth: :astonished: :confused: :exclamation:

I’ve done it, it’s better than not earning at all.

In the same way that like many other C+E holders I drive a rigid out of preference but will still drive an artic if required.

I was giving the choice of driving 20 miles to work and back each day and continue driving our class c or drive our 7.5 tonne and take it home every night so i drive 7.5 tonne saves my petrol.

i did a stint on the ride on mower this year!!! on artic rate of course :laughing: :laughing: in the winter i take the ■■■■■■ out once or twice a week
if someone paying enough i’ll drive owt

stevie

Not unless I have to; cost me £60 and 3 points last time I drove one! :imp:

att:
Lorry drivers hate me because I have a small one . :wink:

Just tell 'em it fits in without touching the sides! :wink:

Where’s the - maybe - option ? Depends on the job that goes with it, although, I would have difficulty reversing it, as I’m too used to artics also.

Yes, so long as i’m driving i don’t really care.

I have to, lost my class1 in 1999 due to being diagnosed diabetic, but saying that I love my job , still get a mix of local and distance and the occasional hop over the water.

Don’t really care if car drivers hate me and I don’t think I have been sneered at by the big boys.

Im getting this in January, its got more space inside than some artics and 18 tonners, 240 horses, no trailer changes and less tyeing down :smiley:

ya i drive one every day.because the money is good