Would you do away with your limiter?

Following on from the 52 mph thread. If you could legally would you disable your limiter?

You mean fuse 13■■?

Lol

I wouldn’t do away with it I’ll just adjust it upto 60 mph.

KERS would be nice.Just on the odd occasion. :laughing: :laughing:

Be silly to as seen as I’m hourly paid.

If it could be done legally yes.

I don’t need a gadget to tell me what’s a safe speed :unamused:

If we get out of the EU then could we go back to the pre limiter days and say ZB to the EU regs?

Why bother? you’ll only gain an extra 5mph when on motorways! :confused:

I wouldn’t, only reason being that the truck pretty much drives itself on motorways etc and the limiter takes the stress out of the equation. Hit the limiter and engage cruise control, job done. At the end of the day IMO anyone can drive an article forwards, going backwards is where we earn our money, going backwards without hitting anything that is, you’re only as good as your last reverse, hit the limiter, cc on, armrests down, adjust the radio and relax. That’s how I roll anyway

Turn it up to 60 but bit do away with it

That’s artic not zb article

ROG:
If we get out of the EU then could we go back to the pre limiter days and say ZB to the EU regs?

Theoretically yes, but very unlikely is this day an age our own politicians would vote to change any of the current driver regulations, unless it was to make them even tougher under pressure from far more powerful lobby groups than haulage.

no because it would drive the fuel consumption way up and I would have to refuel more often.

NO, there’s more than enough idiots about that can only do 50/56 as it is without turning the M25 into the Nurburgring :open_mouth:

Oh, for the halcyon days…!!! :smiley:

I think upping single carriageway to a 50 limit would be more useful in general time saving terms.

Em! no, do remember when our day was spent barely under 65/70mph fully freighted, flashing some cretin in his Morris Minor/or any other piece of British junk to get out of the way which
is why today we are limited so I suppose an apology is required/now given/ we caused the introduction of the limiter and should it be lifted…NO…roads are far tooo congested.

Happy enough with 56 but hate trucks that are restricted to 52 etc.

Agreed, turn it up to 60mph, but wouldn’t want to be able to go faster than that. It might look slow when you are trundling along at 56mph, but try stopping in an emergency and suddenly it looks very fast indeed. Cars weigh 1.5 to 2 tonnes and are limited to 70 mph. Some trucks weigh 44 tonnes and are limited to 56mph. The kinetic energy in a 44tonne truck doing 56 is immense compared to a 2 tonne car doing 70 or even 80 mph.

I would disable my limiter…

However, would I want all the numpties that hold a HGV licence to be driving around unrestricted?

Hmmm…