Worst places, why?

I don’t put up with it anymore.
I say good morning I have a delivery from such n such. In my most polite jock accent to all those southern fairies everyday.
If they start there nonsense or speaking down to me I say who the f…k do you think your speaking to like that.

What annoys me more is when they look at you at the window. Look at you ten times.
Then make you stand there for 15 mins before they even acknowledge your presence.
Then got some wee 15 year old spotty nose wee English p…k gobbing off or trying be smart a…e.

Themoocher:
What annoys me more is when they look at you at the window. Look at you ten times.
Then make you stand there for 15 mins before they even acknowledge your presence.

Take off your hi viz, that’s what I do in that situation, they see you immeadiately …ironically.

Does this work

robroy:

Themoocher:

Take off your hi viz, that’s what I do in that situation, they see you immeadiately …ironically.

It does my head they make you stand there at the counter or window like a t.t.
It’s so rude and ignorant.
It makes you feel like your something stuck to there shoe and better than you.
I think it’s a power thing myself.

Oh, come on, duh, of course it’s a power thing from some microdick minimum wage minion.

I made it my business in 2015 to assess and evaluate the way in which I was treated at each and every drop I was at.
The majority were fine and no problem at all.
However I was banned from 3 places for questioning the treatment of myself as a human being, one of which I got a lifetime ban…I had been banned twice before (Morrisons Rushden)

The year was not going well and culminated in me having to restrain with minimum force a security guard in November. He would not allow me to use a lavatory and I was not well and needed to use the facilities quickly, I won`t bore you with the nitty gritty of it all, suffice to say that he hid from view when I weighed out…He thought he would be the big man when I finished what I had to do and he came off the worse for it, he was twice my size and half my age and had underestimated my history (Kung Fu Lau Gar and Thai kick boxing) :laughing:

However this year it has been improved and only last Friday I was at PD logistics in Felixstowe and was treated as a human being and with respect to boot! I complimented them and wished them a lovely weekend.

Now, I have no beef with anyone and would rather be nice to people as it is enjoyable for all and it helps the day go faster and easier and I really do enjoy having a positive interaction with everyone and when you return they usually remember you and you end up becoming welcome and having a craic with all the lads etc.
I am old enough and wise enough to know that no one likes a pain in the arse or a miserable bugger, because I know I don`t.

All I do expect is for my existence to be acknowledged once I have vocally presented myself in a polite manner…That is surely the basics for any being/species upon the planet…Others ignore me at their peril, I give them 3 chances and then all bets are off, I am on my way.

Socketset:
Oh, come on, duh, of course it’s a power thing from some microdick minimum wage minion.

That’s right, for heaven sake don’t make it look like they’re cheesing you off even if they are.

In fact do the opposite, sit back down if there’s a seat (this works anywhere with a counter like a Drs surgery etc) or whip a mobile phone out and start a pretend conversation :laughing: It’ll annoy them that they can’t annoy you.

Stupid power games but there you are. You often find that people will speak to you in a way they wouldn’t dream in a pub etc. Just stupid Hitlers with a tiny bit of power. Bit like the people who work on customer service desks in supermarkets, or GP receptionists where they can see you waiting like a pleb but ignore you for just that bit too long to look like it isn’t deliberate. Of course if you complain they accuse you of gobbling off.

■■■■ 'em - remember they always have to work in these ■■■■ holes - you get to leave eventually so browny points to you :laughing: :wink:

Doesn’t happen in North America to any where near the same level as in the UK and this is despite the average driver of an American truck being a much lower life form. Perhaps it has something to do with the ever present signs on the door to the shipping/receiving offices that politely remind drivers that “Firearms prohibited beyond this point”.

Whatever the reason, its not because American drivers are more civilized than their British counterparts. The average American driver is an obnoxiously loud redneck know it all loud mouth who you can smell from the other side of the yard, or he’s an incredibly dodgy looking African American in gangsta clothing, complete with black tights over his head, usually to be seen/heard walking across the yard to the shipping office with his jeans down around his arse, talking to his home boys on his blue tooth headset in some kind of black secret language ‘patois’ that nobody else apart from them can understand. His truck will usually have several huge dents, panels missing etc and quite possibly have stared in a recent youtube video of him hitting a low bridge, doing a U turn and kissing the cab and smashing half of it off or cutting a corner and ending up with his trailer axles in a dyke or up against a telephone pole etc. The other common one is a driver of usually Russian origin, driving a white Volvo on Illinois plates who turns up, demands to be put to the front of the queue and loaded in front of everybody else while ranting and raving, all in his flip flops and Adidas tracksuit bottoms, vest and box head hair cut. Doesn’t sound any better than England does it? It isn’t, but we’re still treat like kings in comparison by goods in/out staff.

Themoocher:

robroy:

Themoocher:

It does my head they make you stand there at the counter or window like a t.t.
It’s so rude and ignorant.
It makes you feel like your something stuck to there shoe and better than you.
I think it’s a power thing myself.

you mean the window with a black fabric in it ? so they can see out but you cant see in . a bit like a confessional box :imp: thankfully I don’t get that anymore ,just the occasional tele handler driver who has more to do than unload timber etc for his employer.and even the truly obstroppolos ones mellow after a few visits . :slight_smile:

robinhood_1984:
Doesn’t happen in North America to any where near the same level as in the UK and this is despite the average driver of an American truck being a much lower life form. Perhaps it has something to do with the ever present signs on the door to the shipping/receiving offices that politely remind drivers that “Firearms prohibited beyond this point”.

Whatever the reason, its not because American drivers are more civilized than their British counterparts. The average American driver is an obnoxiously loud redneck know it all loud mouth who you can smell from the other side of the yard, or he’s an incredibly dodgy looking African American in gangsta clothing, complete with black tights over his head, usually to be seen/heard walking across the yard to the shipping office with his jeans down around his arse, talking to his home boys on his blue tooth headset in some kind of black secret language ‘patois’ that nobody else apart from them can understand. His truck will usually have several huge dents, panels missing etc and quite possibly have stared in a recent youtube video of him hitting a low bridge, doing a U turn and kissing the cab and smashing half of it off or cutting a corner and ending up with his trailer axles in a dyke or up against a telephone pole etc. The other common one is a driver of usually Russian origin, driving a white Volvo on Illinois plates who turns up, demands to be put to the front of the queue and loaded in front of everybody else while ranting and raving, all in his flip flops and Adidas tracksuit bottoms, vest and box head hair cut. Doesn’t sound any better than England does it? It isn’t, but we’re still treat like kings in comparison by goods in/out staff.

You don’t paint a very pretty picture of US truckers RH. :smiley:
I always imagined US drivers as a combination between Kris Kritofferson, Sonny Pruitt and The Bandit, with a little bit of John Wayne chucked in. :smiley:
They sound as bad as some of the sorry arsed crew that we are forced to share the job with. :unamused:

You say ‘average’ so at least at the top end there must be some quality stereotype US truckers among them.
How do you as a Brit fit in over there, both work and socially, with both the upper and lower end of the quality, do they accept you…and at what point did you stop wearing your hi viz when driving :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian has in my view, dispensed some good advice (yet again ).

Supermarket work is usually a well paid and more relaxed way of earning your dough. RDC’s are in my experience a place where nobody gives a toss about anything. Forkie’s couldn’t care less. Goods handlers, managers, goods in staff don’t care either.

So it’s unrealistic to think they will care about drivers. The problem is one of solidarity. If drivers stick together more at source ( ie your own place of work ), when the little girls at your customers RDC phone up to complain about you, when you dare to not allow yourself to be spoken to like a turd, you are far less likely to get in the smelly stuff.

Stand up for yourself in a polite and firm manner. Or accept the consequences.

eagerbeaver:
Juddian has in my view, dispensed some good advice (yet again ).

Supermarket work is usually a well paid and more relaxed way of earning your dough. RDC’s are in my experience a place where nobody gives a toss about anything. Forkie’s couldn’t care less. Goods handlers, managers, goods in staff don’t care either.

So it’s unrealistic to think they will care about drivers. The problem is one of solidarity. If drivers stick together more at source ( ie your own place of work ), when the little girls at your customers RDC phone up to complain about you, when you dare to not allow yourself to be spoken to like a turd, you are far less likely to get in the smelly stuff.

Stand up for yourself in a polite and firm manner. Or accept the consequences.

Good god, you do speak sense from time to time! :open_mouth:
I totally agree…

Mix together people being treated like dirt on minimum or poor wages. (On both sides of the fence) with no team spirit. Add a dash of why should I do good job when he does nothing. A pinch of people wanting cars on pcp schemes and the latest iPod iPhone tablet. A smidgen of getting drunk out of your head on a Friday and Saturday night. Then tell them they will never afford their own house and everyone on the telly has a better life.

The result a craps society

robroy:

Carl Usher:
The same applies in the cases where you are refused permission to use the toilets because your colleagues sh-@t out last nights curry from 4ft above the pan and deposited it half way up the walls whilst leaving it for someone else to clean up. 7

Yeh but do you really believe it?
Is it not just a convenient excuse to maintain the attitude towards drivers that I am on about. An excuse that has been used that many times in the past, by so many warehouse ops in so many places, that it has become something between a cliche and an urban myth.
I know a hell of a lot of drivers as I’m sure you do, I don’t even think the ones that are a bit lacking on the, shall we say… social class side, even [zb] up the walls to be honest.
However if this phantom wall [zb] ter is real, he’s a [zb] legend, and I’ve been apparently following this guy around (and my Dad before me) for last God knows how many years according to a lot of goods in knob heads… :unamused:

I was being loaded yesterday lunch time at a large home shopping companies RDC, I walked over to the waiting room to wash my hands, where the toilet was then being cleaned, I waited patiently for the cleaner to finish his task and then proceeded to wash my hands (even rinsing the sink down afterwards). I left the toilet in a spotless condition.
I sat down in the waiting room (I was the only person in there) after about 25 minutes one of the monkeys from the booking in desk emerged and proceeded to use the toilet, he was in there for a good 10 minutes, before emerging and returning to his desk in the office.

No one else uses the toilet until I needed to pee about 15 minutes later, I entered to a filthy hole!!

The lazy f’er had left his deposit in the bowl, didn’t even bother to flush, there must have been half a roll of toilet paper on the floor and the hot tap had been left running.

And you all know full well this mess will be blamed on a driver. The staff in half these RDCs are the cause of the filth yet it’s us the drivers who get the blame. It makes my blood boil.

danalex84:

robroy:

Carl Usher:
The same applies in the cases where you are refused permission to use the toilets because your colleagues sh-@t out last nights curry from 4ft above the pan and deposited it half way up the walls whilst leaving it for someone else to clean up. 7

Yeh but do you really believe it?
Is it not just a convenient excuse to maintain the attitude towards drivers that I am on about. An excuse that has been used that many times in the past, by so many warehouse ops in so many places, that it has become something between a cliche and an urban myth.
I know a hell of a lot of drivers as I’m sure you do, I don’t even think the ones that are a bit lacking on the, shall we say… social class side, even [zb] up the walls to be honest.
However if this phantom wall [zb] ter is real, he’s a [zb] legend, and I’ve been apparently following this guy around (and my Dad before me) for last God knows how many years according to a lot of goods in knob heads… :unamused:

I was being loaded yesterday lunch time at a large home shopping companies RDC, I walked over to the waiting room to wash my hands, where the toilet was then being cleaned, I waited patiently for the cleaner to finish his task and then proceeded to wash my hands (even rinsing the sink down afterwards). I left the toilet in a spotless condition.
I sat down in the waiting room (I was the only person in there) after about 25 minutes one of the monkeys from the booking in desk emerged and proceeded to use the toilet, he was in there for a good 10 minutes, before emerging and returning to his desk in the office.

No one else uses the toilet until I needed to pee about 15 minutes later, I entered to a filthy hole!!

The lazy f’er had left his deposit in the bowl, didn’t even bother to flush, there must have been half a roll of toilet paper on the floor and the hot tap had been left running.

And you all know full well this mess will be blamed on a driver. The staff in half these RDCs are the cause of the filth yet it’s us the drivers who get the blame. It makes my blood boil.

Exactly!
Much easier in their view, and more convenient, to blame drivers, as everybody knows all drivers are unwashed, dirty, uneducated low class trash, and mud sticks. :smiling_imp:

I am sure as in all walks of life, in every group in society, high and low, that there are some people, including drivers, who are not properly toilet trained. However if that criteria was applied everywhere as in some delivery points, for banning them from using toilets, there would be no facilities anywhere, pubs, clubs, football grounds, cinemas etc etc, that is why bog cleaners are employed. :bulb:

It could be worse, we could be downgraded to the level of life form that use these:

Evil8Beezle:
It could be worse, we could be downgraded to the level of life form that use these:

Thats actually better for your body.

Evil8Beezle:

That type of toilet (known in the trade as a ‘spread-axle’) was very common in France, Spain and Italy in the 80s.

The one in your pic is the de-luxe version that had footrests! :smiley:

I’ve used them on the Continent before.
You don’t half get a cold wet arse sat on that little hole. :laughing:

Hi Att,thought I was the only one with principles, I to had a few words,politely at a RDC,I arrived with a container with 20 pallets of orange juice.said to weigh 1 ton a pallet, came to tipping, no bank, the fork truck driver took 2 pallets off the banged cab door to let me know I could pump truck the rest to back of container.
I politely pointed out I don’t get in BUT off some one could help me turn and push pallets to the rear ice have no problem, up shot was long story cut short the two pallets was put back on and I was sent on my way.

Up sot I was banned from this RDC for life!!
Point I made to tm I never refused to tip, I ask for a bit of help,that was the bit refused,
With respect to all concerns perhaps off drivers would only stick to tether perhaps this type of thing wouldn’t happen?

Seems rob Roy has a bit of a reputation? How come, to me he stands his ground say how it is, stands by his word, what u
Is so don’t with that?
No different to how I worked, I might add , fair play to him,lastley I’m glad I’m well past regiment,