worse truck

damoq:

seth 70:

damoq:
DAF CF.:imp:

Auto gearbox is crap and you sit too low,all cf drivers look like midgets aswell,allways got adblue faults ,shocking lorry :cry: :cry:

I had the pleasure of driving one of our CFs on Monday as my Premium was away for its 6 weekly. I honestly cannot think of any good things to say about the DAF. Its the most uncomfortable truck I’ve ever driven. I tried all day to get the seat and steering wheel adjusted to something that got close to comfortable and it just wouldn’t happen. Driven loads of CFs in the past and had the same problem with them all.

Have you noticed with all cf drivers all you can see is their head , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:

damoq:

seth 70:

damoq:
DAF CF.:imp:

Auto gearbox is crap and you sit too low,all cf drivers look like midgets aswell,allways got adblue faults ,shocking lorry :cry: :cry:

I had the pleasure of driving one of our CFs on Monday as my Premium was away for its 6 weekly. I honestly cannot think of any good things to say about the DAF. Its the most uncomfortable truck I’ve ever driven. I tried all day to get the seat and steering wheel adjusted to something that got close to comfortable and it just wouldn’t happen. Driven loads of CFs in the past and had the same problem with them all.

Have you noticed with all cf drivers all you can see is their head , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That to save on buying frilly curtains to play peek a boo with

anything with a mercedes badge on it,never driven a good one yet,in 28 yrs of driving hgvs mercs are the only trucks that i have spent time on the hard shoulder due to breakdowns.sed acks,leylands,erfs,dafs,volvos,fords have always managed to get me home. :smiley:

Bedford RL. 4X4 6cyl 4.9 ltr petrol. RAF
3 days it took to get from suffolk to holyhead. 40mph flat out down hill. God I would have loved a Daf CF.

Bedford TM with detroit engine makes any Scanis a Rolls royce!

God this noise brings back (awful) memeories
youtube.com/watch?v=QbYwzWREinU

GBE ltd from Bournemouth had a fleet of Pegaso Troners.Heaps of ■■■ always broken down.
The ERF with an Eaton twin splitter gear crunch box.

Pretty much any ERF, and despite being a young whippersnapper (if only) I’ve driven many varieties of the aforementioned horrors. My Dad doesn’t call them plastic pigs for nothing!

Think I’ve said this before but Bedford TK 4-cyl diesel - regular visits to the dentist to replace fillings were necessary.

Funny, but I loved a 401 we had on long-term hire. And an old Merc with 4/4 box. And a really quick Iveco. And a V8 D-Series!

And of course any Cargo, big or small!

switchlogic:
Pretty much any ERF, and despite being a young whippersnapper (if only) I’ve driven many varieties of the aforementioned horrors. My Dad doesn’t call them plastic pigs for nothing!

Yeh but they were very much of their time Luke, I suppose if you are comparing an ERF with your present Volvo they would not even begin to compete, same as comparing a Cortina with a modern Insignia or the like. When I had a big cam ■■■■■■■ ERF with a high cab double sleeper in the 80s I wouldn’t have swapped it for a Scania or Volvo of the same era.

Any daf cf awful things

This heap of junk. 250 neddies and an auto box.

We got it on hire with 39kms on it. Now has 42000 and feels and rattles like it’s done 4.2 million. Vile thing, despise driving it.

switchlogic:

Sounds like you never drove a Foden then !

Seddon 13/4 the worst four wheeler at 16 ton gross that I ever drove. Under powered Perkins 6354 engine, offset steering wheel with poor brakes and not enough power to pull your Granny off the ■■■■ pot.

robroy:

switchlogic:

Yeh but they were very much of their time Luke, I suppose if you are comparing an ERF with your present Volvo they would not even begin to compete, same as comparing a Cortina with a modern Insignia or the like. When I had a big cam ■■■■■■■ ERF with a high cab double sleeper in the 80s I wouldn’t have swapped it for a Scania or Volvo of the same era.

Blimey. Everyone always brings up my current lorry! 10+ years ago when driving various ERF monstrosities for various companies I obviously wasn’t comparing it to a truck that was still a decade away!! I was comparing them to the other truckS I drove at the time, and the ERFs were the crappiest, well, in a tie with Icelands Wendy houses. And trust me, back then on agency in London we got lumbered with some crap trucks. I drove them in their time and they were still crap.

Dave the Renegade:
Seddon 13/4 the worst four wheeler at 16 ton gross that I ever drove. Under powered Perkins 6354 engine, offset steering wheel with poor brakes and not enough power to pull your Granny off the ■■■■ pot.

Only Foden Alphas, and they weren’t great. Drove the gas powered ones for London Waste as well as the blue standard diesel ones out of Watford. Being given a Volvo for the day was like getting out of a Mondeo into a Rolls Royce!

Any scania after they stopped making the 3 series

cf is looking like the winner :laughing:

senior50:
Any daf cf awful things

Is it the truck or the drivers image that’s being questioned ? .

A Roman diesel or Dodge commando tippers cant think which one was worse as i tried very hard over the years to forget them. :unamused:

The worst lorry I ever drove was a day cab V reg Sudden Accident 400 with a 6LXC Gardner, 6spd DB box and 2spd rear axle, away all week and loaded to 32tons all the time, it was roping and sheeting too, which even on the wetest windiest day was still more enjoyable than driving that hateful thing :cry: