Worse company you've worked for in haulage?

Thought id ask the question, for me it was a container company in Basildon Essex whose wagons were actually older than me!!

Local steel company.
The boss was an absolote ■■■■■■ that needed a smack in the mouth the way he spoke to people.
The wagons were barely MOT passable .
Lucky I was agency and had a choice to move.
The boss tried to get one agency dude to drive in a wagon that really wasn’t roadworthy.He refused to and the way the boss spoke to him was disgusting.
He got his own back , he got VOSA in for the state of the wagons they were putting on the road.
Funny thing is 4 weeks later the company had brand new wagons :laughing: :laughing:
If the boss of that place dies a horrible death a lot of people will be happy.
I managed to not be on the receiving end of the bosses diatribe , If I did I would have had no problems telling him to ■■■■ off and dropping the wagon keys down the drain .

Just remeber no names boys n girls dont want the lawyers in ! :laughing:

Just remeber no names boys n girls dont want the lawyers in !

Most of the hauliers ive worked for couldnt afford a lawyer!!!

sun ■■■■■ laundry. im sure you know who i mean

i was the only englishman there. the asians spoke their own brand of english and thought i was odd for not being able to understand. then my agency told me that they tried to blame me for damaging their lorry ( which was a 57 plate daf which was already battered and bruised) and then tried to dispute the number of hours they were willing to pay

Only ever worked for 2 so don’t have much to compare them too.

If I had to say which company I have had the worst START with, it would have to be my current one.

The fault however, is all my own, so I’m trying!!!

They really have been quite patient with me.

and though they monitor my activity on this site, I refuse to re-register in another username.

about 12 years ago I had the mispleasure of driving a 7.5 tonner for a transport place in Castle Vale , the wagon was death trap even they had their own renault dealership in Sutton Coldfield aswell,the tm couldnt plan a route if your life depended on it, was more than once stopped by VOSA for being overweight or over hours, they expected you to night out in a daycab and the wages were crap, them were the days :blush:

The container company in basildon i worked for(well the 2 days i lasted) gave me an M reg volvo globetrotter with 980,000ks was absolutely rotten, the night out i did in that cab still haunts me to this day, i cant go into too much detail cause i wont sleep tonight!!

the worse one for me was a company in mansfield doing european work with fridges £25 running money to spain and back and when you got back you could never get paid and when you did it was with a check.

The one I’m working for now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I lasted a week for an irish tipper company.
The planner was the most abusive individual i had ever come across. even when people threatened him, he would still be abusive.
i phoned him to say i’d broke down, he put the phone down, i phoned him back, he said “i’m sending the [zb] mechanic”. he then put the phone down.
I fixed the lorry myself. The mechanic phoned me to ask where i was, i told him i’d just saved him a four hour drive. he was made up as he’d been up all night. He was then ■■■■■■ off when i told him i wouldn’t be staying with the firm.

mine would be with a well known transporter firm. tm’s not being able to plan [zb] all swapping your decent paying job with a brown nosers ■■■■■■ job and just treating people like [zb]. Oh and [zb] useless tipper firm in durham thinking they owned you and you had no choice but to do as you was told, it works better when they ask in a proper manner otherwise they just getting a good hiding ■■■■ temper. :laughing:

hanson:
the worse one for me was a company in mansfield doing european work with fridges £25 running money to spain and back and when you got back you could never get paid and when you did it was with a check.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Was the surname a meat from a pig?
I`ve heard so many stories about him its unreal

my worst one is a company that someone on here is going to be starting on

JB:

hanson:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Was the surname a meat from a pig?
I`ve heard so many stories about him its unreal

What - Trotter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re right - they’re notorious. Been featured on TV a few times :laughing: :laughing:

Several years ago worked for a bloke with an old f88. It spent a lot of it’s time breaking down and he could never afford to call anyone out so had to wait for him to come to me wherever i happened to be. Oh and he did’nt like paying me much either every friday was the same. Not had time to go to the bank boy but heres some cash to tide you over i’ll make it right next week. I dont remeber that week ever coming.

S****** ******* Group for me. Don’t care if they call in the lawyers, it’s merely a truthful statement to say their lorries are in crap state and if you refuse to drive a knackered lorry, you loose your job. Same goes with the tacho laws, regardless of what the tacho says, you don’t finish until the jobs complete.

Stuck with this company for 2 years, until I was stopped 3 times in one week on the M5. The final time was the final warning from the police about the state of the truck. Boss refused to have the defects fixed so I left the job to the next poor bugger who needed the money.

Better to quit than loose your licence.

“Don’t care if they call in the lawyers”- But I do :wink: Rikki

Sal

A wood stockist near Snetterton… Knackered wagon, badly loaded by them, impossible schedule, no directions to places in the back of beyond, and complained about how long it all took…
:unamused:

ves