worried driver

I have been caught doin 58mph in a 40mph zone it was downhill the company got a nip and have sent it of what do u think I will get pls

jmd50:
I have been caught doin 58mph in a 40mph zone it was downhill the company got a nip and have sent it of what do u think I will get pls

big fine points and possibly an invitation to tea with the TC … up hill down hill if you cant control the speed of the vehicle take your punishment and learn from it .

cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/road … commercial

Graduated fixed penalty notices for commercial vehicle offences

Breaches of commercial vehicle legislation can be dealt with by way of fixed penalty. The offences apply to large goods vehicles or public service vehicles (PSVs; for example, coaches) that are registered here or abroad and include such offences as drivers’ hours offences, vehicle overloading and professional licensing violations. Whereas the standard £60 penalty was considered inappropriate for all such offences, a new, graduated set of penalties (described as ‘deposits’, of which more below) will be available, with the amount to pay being dependent upon the seriousness of the offending.

The graduation takes two forms, each of which is explained below: a flat amount for a breach of certain offences, but each with a different penalty value, ranging from £30 to £200; and offences where the amount to pay will depend upon how severe an infringement was, within an individual offence, as measured by a given scale.

pretty quick though 18mph over reminds me a bit like myself back in the day…

Anything under 20mph over the speed limit is fixed penalty, 20mph and over the speed limit is a court appearance, relax jmd50 £100 and three points, no TC

Mrmack65:
Anything under 20mph over the speed limit is fixed penalty, 20mph and over the speed limit is a court appearance, relax jmd50 £100 and three points, no TC

Are you sure about that one ? is it not based on percentage, 58 in a 40 is actually over 40% in excess of the speed limit,

No the percentage is for doing you for speeding

It could be 6 months in prison + £500 fine + loss of licence for 2 years or on the other hand 3 points and a fine, if its your first offence you could be offered a classroom course on road safety, but that will cost you approx £85 + loss of earnings, but you wont get the points. good luck

truckyboy:
It could be 6 months in prison + £500 fine + loss of licence for 2 years or on the other hand 3 points and a fine, if its your first offence you could be offered a classroom course on road safety, but that will cost you approx £85 + loss of earnings, but you wont get the points. good luck

he wont get the class room he’s too much over the limit

JLS Driver SOS:

Mrmack65:

Are you sure about that one ? is it not based on percentage, 58 in a 40 is actually over 40% in excess of the speed limit,

45% to be precise.

I think he’ll do time for it but he should be out for Christmas.

Damm best keep her back below 70 then down windy hill I hate having to wear the brakes when you’ve just got her going lol

Contraflow:

JLS Driver SOS:

Mrmack65:

45% to be precise.

I think he’ll do time for it but he should be out for Christmas.

:laughing: :laughing: only if he’s well behaved

jmd50:

are you a fernwoods driver ? if so don’t worry

Hopefully a right good kick up the arse. I’d have been doing at least 75 in scotch booster.

t29sab:
Damm best keep her back below 70 then down windy hill I hate having to wear the brakes when you’ve just got her going lol

+1 :laughing:

truckyboy:

why am I getting idiotic answers I asked a normal question as someone who has made a mistake and asking advice of experienced truckers not stupid rubbish replies

Was the NIP for speeding, or dangerous driving / due care as well?

If ‘just’ speeding, not on a motorway, I believe the absolute worst case scenario allowed by law (i.e. this will not happen) is £1000 fine and 6 points with discretionary ban. If other offences are on there as well then obviously that changes things.

More likely is £200 and 3 points IMHO. Best of luck

jmd50:
why am I getting idiotic answers I asked a normal question as someone who has made a mistake and asking advice of experienced truckers not stupid rubbish replies

Welcome to TruckNet. :laughing:

jmd50:

truckyboy:

Glad it’s not just me who thought some of the responses idiotic!

alphonsohall:

jmd50:

truckyboy:

Glad it’s not just me who thought some of the responses idiotic!

look at it another way … he’s over his max speed by 18 mph. on a single carriageway. he’s doing in reality 2mph short of his MAX legal speed of a motorway… that’s assuming he’s been caught in an artic or hgv . he could be looking at a well hefty fine like I said … and because your going down hill could be said that you were driving without due care and attention … just expect the worse , anything less and count yourself lucky.

All well and good but speeding alone is never prison. Careless driving, inconsiderate driving, driving without due care and attention is also never prison.

Quick research shows I was bang on - worst case is 6 points and £1000, and that is for boy racers doing the ton down the high street.