worried driver

jmd50:

truckyboy:
It could be 6 months in prison + £500 fine + loss of licence for 2 years or on the other hand 3 points and a fine, if its your first offence you could be offered a classroom course on road safety, but that will cost you approx £85 + loss of earnings, but you wont get the points. good luck

why am I getting idiotic answers I asked a normal question as someone who has made a mistake and asking advice of experienced truckers not stupid rubbish replies

If you can’t take a joke, you shouldn’t have joined; and talking of idiotic, who was 18 over the top ?

I think every ones just trying to add a little light hearted banter to your pretty serious predicament, in a few weeks time you won’t have access to the internet and will be living of bread and butter for a few months we are just trying to cheer u up.

On a more serious note I reckon £100 fine and 3 points it’s to much over to be offered a speed awareness but your unlikely to end up in court for it if it was in a 30 you’d be ■■■■■■ tho. Good luck hope you don’t get to spanked for it.

Shouldn’t laugh but go on drive, let her go :slight_smile:

Beverley is slapping the KY on her pretty gloved up fingers.

jmd50:

truckyboy:
It could be 6 months in prison + £500 fine + loss of licence for 2 years or on the other hand 3 points and a fine, if its your first offence you could be offered a classroom course on road safety, but that will cost you approx £85 + loss of earnings, but you wont get the points. good luck

why am I getting idiotic answers I asked a normal question as someone who has made a mistake and asking advice of experienced truckers not stupid rubbish replies

bet you dont drive to the court house that quick… :smiley: but I bet the van taking you to belmarsh does lol… joking m8 :open_mouth: :smiley:

60 quid an 3 points , not the end of the world but only way to stop it in future is don’t speed.

jmd50:
I have been caught doin 58mph in a 40mph zone it was downhill the company got a nip and have sent it of what do u think I will get pls

Maybe now you will learn from it. Keep to the speed limit. If you are daft enough to go well over the limit,maybe your boss is daft enough to pay it. Though I doubt it. Every fool out there is going faster and faster for less and less money. Idiots. I have done forty years in this industry and it’s gone down and down. Retiring soon, september clean licence for 43 years.

Just been on a speed awareness course. About the only thing I learnt which I didn’t know is that how they deal with speeding is down to the individual Chief Constable. In one area they might allow a bit of leeway, in another 1mph over the limit means they’ll throw the book at you.

So I guess it depends on the attitude of the Chief Constable for the area where the offence was committed.

Silver_Surfer:
Shouldn’t laugh but go on drive, let her go :slight_smile:

Beverley is slapping the KY on her pretty gloved up fingers.

Sounds allmost worth it then :smiley: :wink: :wink:

jmd50:
I have been caught doin 58mph in a 40mph zone it was downhill the company got a nip and have sent it of what do u think I will get pls

Oops, as others have stated we do hope you learn from this, (I have been told) that a lot of issues are now being looked at by the traffic commissioner so when your 45 you may have to sit in front of her.

A local chap has just said he got done for DD 15 years ago when he was 45 it went to the TC they asked him to have an alcohol level check, which apparently can check long term alcohol levels like a month or so, he refused they didn’t give him his licence back (all pub talk)

th2013:
All well and good but speeding alone is never prison. Careless driving, inconsiderate driving, driving without due care and attention is also never prison.

Quick research shows I was bang on - worst case is 6 points and £1000, and that is for boy racers doing the ton down the high street.

Driving Offences | Maximum Penalties, Fines, Penalty Points, Length of Driving Ban

LIES!! Boy up our way was jailed for 9 months after being clocked at 166mph!!

news.sky.com/story/734469/biker- … ing-ticket

jmc:

th2013:
All well and good but speeding alone is never prison. Careless driving, inconsiderate driving, driving without due care and attention is also never prison.

Quick research shows I was bang on - worst case is 6 points and £1000, and that is for boy racers doing the ton down the high street.

Driving Offences | Maximum Penalties, Fines, Penalty Points, Length of Driving Ban

That wasn’t speeding alone, was it…
“The judge handed a nine month sentence and five year driving ban to Neil Purves, after he admitted to a charge of dangerous driving.”

(Dangerous Driving can be up to 2 years in the clink, and causing death by dangerous driving can be up to 14 years)

th2013:

jmc:

th2013:

That wasn’t speeding alone, was it…
“The judge handed a nine month sentence and five year driving ban to Neil Purves, after he admitted to a charge of dangerous driving.”

(Dangerous Driving can be up to 2 years in the clink, and causing death by dangerous driving can be up to 14 years)

Ah wait see didnt even read either the post i replied to or the news article properly… bol locks… back to bed.

RIZZO101:
60 quid an 3 points , not the end of the world but only way to stop it in future is don’t speed.

It’ll be a bigger fine than that. That much over the limit will be a court appearance. The fine will all depend on the mood of the magistrates on the day.

20yrs ago same speed and limits got 4 points and £140 fine and that was 2 in the morning fixed camera