Worlds End Tilbury no HGV parking

So after speaking to the landlord this evening, it appears the council are doing up the carpark outside the pub boundary and there will be a complete ban of HGV parking.
The road leading upto the pub is likely to be made no parking too in the very near future.
So just be prepared that you won’t be able to park soon.
Another great ■■■■■■■■■■■■ gone.
Good old council.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Ffs !! :unamused:
All this stuff is just getting beyond a ■■■■ joke. :smiling_imp:

Can the landlord not appeal because of all the lost business.

robroy:

I expect there’s…

Some sort of appeal process but, I think we already know the outcome don’t we.

If tramping wasn’t hard enough, you’ll have nowhere to park at all soon.

robroy:
Ffs !! :unamused:
All this stuff is just getting beyond a [zb] joke. :smiling_imp:

The landlord has got a wedding party tomorrow and the council has completely blocked off their carpark whilst they do the work outside.
So they have no carparking for all the guests.
They are making a proper roadway to the Fort.
They have last no end of custom because of the works.
There was only 3 people in there tonight when I went in.

I thought the port owned the land out side the pub. Not the road going up to the pub.

So the landlord will have been no doubt struggling to survive with all this ■■■■ Covid lockdiwn stuff,.and managed to survive until re.opening.
And now this happens.
This could finish his business, it’s a ■■■■ disgrace, why not do up the park, and continue to let trucks park up…or is there some agenda going on here?
It’s on a dock where the primary traffic is trucks ffs.!!

Makes me glad to be over here and not getting all the ballshite you lot are up to your necks in.

robroy:
So the landlord will have been no doubt struggling to survive with all this [zb] Covid lockdiwn stuff,.and managed to survive until re.opening.
And now this happens.
This could finish his business, it’s a [zb] disgrace, why not do up the park, and continue to let trucks park up…or is there some agenda going on here?
It’s on a dock where the primary traffic is trucks ffs.!!

Remind me again, what is the principal reason for Tilbury (other ports without facilities are available) to be in existence? And remind me again, where are the facilities for the trucks?

Luckily, the RHA, in light of the driver shortage, have made it their priority to improve those facilities, and are, as we speak, actively lobbying MP’S to make the provision of secure parking and facilities a lawful undertaking around any industrial area… wait…ahh :imp:

Find out the decision maker in the council and where he or she lives and park up at the house with a knackered old fridge motor running all night just to p them off .
Or leave the lorry engine running all night as the starter motor has packed up .

Anybody know the current situation at the World’s End, is it all a no go now :frowning:

Spent many a happy night there. Another one gone. So glad I retired last year.

I’ve been informed by 1 of my colleague’s that you can’t turn around down the bottom anymore and you can’t even turn in front of the pub anymore and parking is not allowed along the road either.

That ■■■■■ I live close to there. HGVs used to park there a lot.
Councils should have a duty to increase HGV parking not ■■■■■■■ reduce it.
Tilbury can be a pain in the ■■■ for decent parking which is why everyone has to park in Ind estates. which is why they now start fining people for parking there. It’s such a stupid situation. Ind estates taking advantage of a shortage of parking.

It’s not like people even enjoy parking in Ind estates because quite often there are no shops or facilities nearby.

Are the council members the same shower of ■■■■ who are responsible for Grays and Thurrock’?
Those Gareth Hunts are totally anti truck, when I used to go down to Purfleet regularly, you could park all around there, on the retail park, or just beside Tesco which was handy for stocking up your fridge etc, or using the Tesco cafe.

My favourite place was the small ind est just up the road from the ‘Chinese pub bar’ (is it still.there btw?) they stopped you parking on that estate and the crime went up in those units, the trucks parked there were acting as a deterrent to burglaries, so in that particular case us trampers actually WERE ‘unpaid security guards’ as the day men call us. :smiley:

It’s ■■■■■ like those people who go a long way to maintaining the driver shortage, it is downright ridiculous and outrageous the shortage of proper parking places in those areas and also Dover a few miles away, when you consider that trucks and trucks servicing those industries, maintain the local economies.
Shame on those ■■■■ s. :smiling_imp:

Also good luck getting a spot at Thurrock MSA. The amount of times I’ve been there only for it to be completely full is ridiculous.

adam277:
Also good luck getting a spot at Thurrock MSA. The amount of times I’ve been there only for it to be completely full is ridiculous.

Is it any wonder.
I reckon that is the only designated parking facility around there now is it not?
A sad indictment on the industry when that overpriced ■■■■ hole is the first (and only) choice for overnight parking for the thousands of trucks using the area,.and how many spaces are there exactly?
I’m pleased I don’t go down that crap hole of London, Essex and Kent area anymore,… you are welcome to it.

Bit of a way, but River Road Barking was a good spot. Facilities Zero. Not sure now as have been retired for 2 years

SWEDISH BLUE:
Bit of a way, but River Road Barking was a good spot. Facilities Zero. Not sure now as have been retired for 2 years

I haven’t been there in a while but when I was last there they were putting up no parking signs up. Maybe to fix the road because it is pretty bad to drive on pot holes everywhere. Could be they are going to stop trucks parking there though.

robroy:
Is it any wonder.
I reckon that is the only designated parking facility around there now is it not?
A sad indictment on the industry when that overpriced [zb] hole is the first (and only) choice for overnight parking for the thousands of trucks using the area,.and how many spaces are there exactly?
I’m pleased I don’t go down that crap hole of London, Essex and Kent area anymore,… you are welcome to it.

There used to be a spot behind Pitsea Tesco which had space for like 6 HGVs. I imagine that has been removed now for all but Tesco drivers.
You also have Titan lorry park in Thurrock on Oliver road opposite the CO-OP.
Here is one review of it

One toilet for hundred drivers.
No Food.
Noisy.
Dirty.
£17 to park the night.
Enough said.

About a half hour walk to lakeside though :stuck_out_tongue:

Also a lorry park at London Gateway in called Hireco Truck Park. But seem issue they do serve food though, although I think it is not 24/7 shuts at about 7pm. Nearest shop is about a 40 minute walk. Unsure on pub or any hot food though.

SWEDISH BLUE:

Make sure your vehicle is London compliant though. One of our clowns couldn’t get parked at Thurrock services so he decided to park in Dagenham instead. Only problem being his vehicle wasn’t compliant. Nett result was a £250 fine for going in, clock reset at midnight meaning he got another £250 fine on the way out! Or rather, the company did.

the maoster:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Make sure your vehicle is London compliant though. One of our clowns couldn’t get parked at Thurrock services so he decided to park in Dagenham instead. Only problem being his vehicle wasn’t compliant. Nett result was a £250 fine for going in, clock reset at midnight meaning he got another £250 fine on the way out! Or rather, the company did.

what a clown :stuck_out_tongue:
Loads of spaces he could found a lot closer. Stonehouse lane thurrock usually has a few for example.
That being said, those charges are nuts. They are really out to screw us lol.