Workplace surveillance

cgscott:

edd1974:
If your really that desperate want to drag a job out for am extra hour or so.
Easier way is every drop just take your time walking the office. When loaded spend 10 mins looking busy before setting off.
And when driving drive a little slower

As said if you stop at every services it will show up.
But if you ease off will show your moving and if say anything blame it on traffic conditions.

Wooden leg agency driver?

Definitely seems experienced in milking the hourly pay without bringing attention to himself

robbo99.:
And in the haulage sector, many drivers will just accept in cab facing cameras. What next, a daily report of how long it takes to have a dump whilst on duty?

These Sysco company drivers didn’t accept it in Canada a couple of years ago.

trucknews.com/features/sysc … g-cameras/

cgscott:
If you didnt film it it didnt happen. Trackers fine but fid said drivrr deliberatlry do it? Maybe he was stuck behind a tractor most of journey?

Could have had to pull in to check load as he felt it mive in transit?

Lots of variables.

Stop bringing down the agency men.

Racist

He’s doing it EVERY day he’s there !!
It took him an hour the other day to go from the gatehouse to drop his trailer, fuel up, park up and walk to the office, I do it in 15mins. Meanwhile I was there waiting to take the same tractor unit back out which resulted in me doing a 15.

As for agency men … :laughing:

CookieMonster:
I think this article just shows the difference between how employees in so called reputable professions are treated compared to drivers.

Often they’re monitored as much if not more. Take doctors. They’ve got constant monitoring of their treatment success, patient outcome etc and that’s whether you’re a locum or a top consultant and not only that, many of those records are publicly available. Yet how many companies bother keeping figures on individual agency drivers or even employed at smaller hauliers?

robroy:
Yeh ok, but if they thought he was taking the ■■■■ and taking 2 hours more than the rest,.would they not ask him to explain the frequent stops?

All the locals in my county know where to find council workers such as electricians, builders, road workers etc at various times of the day. Bracey Bridge Layby on the A614 is good for finding some of them around 3pm as they toss off an hour or two hidden from view from the main road by trees before trundling back to the depot 6 miles away at a heady 30MPH in a 60 limit to ensure they’re finishing bang on 4.30pm.

Two laybys I can think of on that road regularly had one or another Britax lorry drivers sat tossing off an hour or three until the factory in Bridlington closed. They used to do a run down to Portsmouth, somewhere else nearby, night out and pick up at a component supplier in Rugeley the following day on the way back. When I used to do it self employed I was far from rushing around but I’d turn up in Rugeley to pick it up and they’d not have it ready because I was often half a working day earlier than the Britax drivers used to be, arriving around 9-10am instead of 3-4pm. Quite how they used to drag it out that long I have no idea.

Conor:

robroy:
Yeh ok, but if they thought he was taking the ■■■■ and taking 2 hours more than the rest,.would they not ask him to explain the frequent stops?

All the locals in my county know where to find council workers such as electricians, builders, road workers etc at various times of the day. Bracey Bridge Layby on the A614 is good for finding some of them around 3pm as they toss off an hour or two hidden from view from the main road by trees before trundling back to the depot 6 miles away at a heady 30MPH in a 60 limit to ensure they’re finishing bang on 4.30pm.

Two laybys I can think of on that road regularly had one or another Britax lorry drivers sat tossing off an hour or three until the factory in Bridlington closed. They used to do a run down to Portsmouth, somewhere else nearby, night out and pick up at a component supplier in Rugeley the following day on the way back. When I used to do it self employed I was far from rushing around but I’d turn up in Rugeley to pick it up and they’d not have it ready because I was often half a working day earlier than the Britax drivers used to be, arriving around 9-10am instead of 3-4pm. Quite how they used to drag it out that long I have no idea.

It’s called useing your head you would not know anything about that because you are a agency driver it’s that simple

Bigtruck3:
C

It’s called useing your head you would not know anything about that because you are a agency driver it’s that simple

Not really because they got laid off. As for not knowing anything because I’m an agency driver I can guarantee I can pretty much run rings round you with one arm tied behind my back given the amount of utter rubbish you’ve posted.

News just in!

If you think surveillance and telematics will just cover camera’s and harsh whatever then you’re wrong. Soon you’ll be wearing Fitbits…

healthcareweekly.com/blue-cross … ld-fitbit/

Think about it…ageing workforce etc lots of iffy medicals and logistics companies that want to sell a superb blue chip package to customers…we weed out those unhealthy drivers…smile…you’ll moan and complain but snap one on won’t you…'Chris…come over here…look at your blood pressure…I know but…never mind but Chris, we provide 5 a day in that bowl over there…get healthy mate or its curtains for you…think of that Glasgow bin lorry disaster

Telematics, it’s only just started. The Telematics industry has a huge compliant and unresistant audience of drivers to design products for.

All it takes is for a bloke from Stoke-on-Trent or wherever to park his car in a company car park and take his brief case to the ex-mechanic fleet manager with a couple of GCSE’s who’s desperate to please his none-transport savy line manager and hey presto you’re all wired up for a trip to Mars.

‘But…I won’t do it’…so what…enough will.

Fitbits…Iris tracking glasses…all on the shelf waiting for the say so from UK hauliers.

O.K.

Where I work, they have just introduced a login system at the front door whereby you are supposed to log in your presence on site… "in the interest of your safety " and we were assured that in no way would the inherent database would be collected and analyzed for company performance reviews.

Me. Being the rebellious type, logged out instead of in. I spent weeks of religiously logging out and then back in again when just popping out to the shop next door.
I have to pass work from the pub so I have made a habit of calling in to log on/off the system as a complete ■■■■ take at 2am of a Sunday morning.
Many a time I have sneaked in through warehouse door just to log only OUT for 10 days in a row.

You know what?
No one has ever pulled me up on it. There is a camera above the log in station and I show it the finger most mornings. There is another outwards facing camera above our truck dock which I have rode my mountain bike off many times.

You want to know why.
They dont care. I do a good job for fair money.and as long as I dont hurt anyone/myself and make money, they DGAF.

Cover the things with tape, a sock , a photo of …

Dont take it. Sure they will threaten you, but that’s all they can do. Nothing.
There’s a shortage remember.

David H:
News just in!

If you think surveillance and telematics will just cover camera’s and harsh whatever then you’re wrong. Soon you’ll be wearing Fitbits…

healthcareweekly.com/blue-cross … ld-fitbit/

Think about it…ageing workforce etc lots of iffy medicals and logistics companies that want to sell a superb blue chip package to customers…we weed out those unhealthy drivers…smile…you’ll moan and complain but snap one on won’t you…'Chris…come over here…look at your blood pressure…I know but…never mind but Chris, we provide 5 a day in that bowl over there…get healthy mate or its curtains for you…think of that Glasgow bin lorry disaster

Telematics, it’s only just started. The Telematics industry has a huge compliant and unresistant audience of drivers to design products for.

All it takes is for a bloke from Stoke-on-Trent or wherever to park his car in a company car park and take his brief case to the ex-mechanic fleet manager with a couple of GCSE’s who’s desperate to please his none-transport savy line manager and hey presto you’re all wired up for a trip to Mars.

‘But…I won’t do it’…so what…enough will.

Fitbits…Iris tracking glasses…all on the shelf waiting for the say so from UK hauliers.

So this is where 2 threads cross over, if all this latest revolutionary buzz word dog ■■■■ comes about…, there actually WILL be a 50,000 driver shortage, (and then some).because how many drivers do you know who resemble an Adonis like specimen picture of health. :laughing: :laughing:

AndieHyde:
O.K.

Where I work, they have just introduced a login system at the front door whereby you are supposed to log in your presence on site… "in the interest of your safety " and we were assured that in no way would the inherent database collected would be collected and analyzed for company performance reviews.

Me. Being the rebellious type, logged out instead of in. I spent weeks of religiously logging out and then back in again when just popping out to the shop next door.
I have to pass work from the pub so I have made a habit of calling in to log on/off the system as a complete ■■■■ take at 2am of a Sunday morning.
Many a time I have sneaked in through warehouse door just to log only OUT for 10 days in a row.

You know what?
No one has ever pulled me up on it. There is a camera above the log in station and I show it the finger most mornings. There is another outwards facing camera above our truck dock which I have rode my mountain bike off many times.

You want to know why.
They dont care. I do a good job for fair money.and as long as I dont hurt anyone/myself and make money, they DGAF.

:laughing: …I think me and you would get on great mate, that is just the sort of thing I do in these cases. :laughing:
If you show these ■■■■■ that you willingly comply with all this type of crap, and take it seriously, it just encourages them.
At my place I play along with all their stupid bloody games, but try and have a laugh to myself at the same time,.safe in the knowledge I ain’t bending over…but keeping them happy by appearing to be. :bulb:

My Granda gave me good advice as a kid on this type of thing…Make sure you win, but appear to lose, then everyone’s happy.
I’ve practiced it ever since.
I’d love to share a few examples, …but I won’t for obvious reasons. :smiley:

AndieHyde:
O.K.

Where I work, they have just introduced a login system at the front door whereby you are supposed to log in your presence on site… "in the interest of your safety " and we were assured that in no way would the inherent database collected would be collected and analyzed for company performance reviews.

You know what?

You want to know why.

AndieHyde:
we were assured that in no way would the inherent database collected would be collected and analyzed for company performance reviews.

And it appears they have kept their word. So, no issues there.
After an incident they may look at recordings to see how it happened and how toavoid it in future? Is that sinister or stupid?

Logging in/out of sites does seem sensible to me: in case of a fire persons logged in will be searched for, persons logged out wont have rescue crews risking themselves looking for them. Fires and similar incidents are rare events, but are serious and dont need to be made worse by having no idea who is/isn`t on site.

Franglais:

AndieHyde:
O.K.

You know what?

You want to know why.

AndieHyde:
we were assured that in no way would the inherent database collected would be collected and analyzed for company performance reviews.

After an incident they may look at recordings to see how it happened and how toavoid it in future? Is that sinister or stupid?

Logging in/out of sites does seem sensible to me: in case of a fire persons logged in will be searched for, persons logged out wont have rescue crews risking themselves looking for them. Fires and similar incidents are rare events, but are serious and dont need to be made worse by having no idea who is/isn`t on site.

Or they could just count the ones who had evacuated the building. :bulb:
I’m sure you’re going to chuck numerous examples of firemen being injured trying to rescue people who were not there, and I get that,… but on the flip side, in millions of cases nothing happens.

Thing is being such the cynical ■■■■ I am, I NEVER believe the official reasons that co. managers give for doing all this type of stuff, because in my experience there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda, with a positive spin put on it to justify it, and you can sure as hell bet that it is not devised to do you (or me) any favours. :bulb:

Franglais:

AndieHyde:
O.K.

You know what?

You want to know why.

AndieHyde:

You are correct. What you have suggested is completely reasonable.

The adjacent label printer has been out of ink for 2 weeks now…
It seems to me, if what you do makes money, people tend to question some what less, no?
If you have to have a camera checking up on you 24/7.

Maybe, your the dumb hat.

Feel free to attack my poor spelling grammar. Whatever makes you fell good about yourself.

Perhaps attack is little strong.

Hows “ridicule” as more palatable alternative?

robroy:
Or they could just count the ones who had evacuated the building.
I’m sure you’re going to chuck numerous examples of firemen being injured trying to rescue people who were not there, and I get that,… but on the flip side, in millions of cases nothing happens.

Thing is being such the cynical [zb] I am, I NEVER believe the official reasons that co. managers give for doing all this type of stuff, because in my experience there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda, with a positive spin put on it to justify it, and you can sure as hell bet that it is not devised to do you (or me) any favours.

Counting how many have left the building is useless if you dont know how many entered that day. Do you want firefighters entering to look for Mavis, when she is off sick with a cold? Yes, as I said fires are rare. So, should we never fit sprinklers systems, because they may never be used? Not buy extinguishers in case we dont need them? Stop wearing seatbelts because we probably won`t be in a crash today?
How difficult is it for us to check in/out of a building?

AndieHyde:
Feel free to attack my poor spelling grammar. Whatever makes you fell good about yourself.

:laughing:

Franglais:

robroy:
Or they could just count the ones who had evacuated the building.

Thing is being such the cynical [zb] I am, I NEVER believe the official reasons that co. managers give for doing all this type of stuff, because in my experience there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda, with a positive spin put on it to justify it, and you can sure as hell bet that it is not devised to do you (or me) any favours.

Counting how many have left the building is useless if you dont know how many entered that day. Do you want firefighters entering to look for Mavis, when she is off sick with a cold? Yes, as I said fires are rare. So, should we never fit sprinklers systems, because they may never be used? Not buy extinguishers in case we dont need them? Stop wearing seatbelts because we probably won`t be in a crash today?
How difficult is it for us to check in/out of a building?

Or from my point of view…stop fitting in cab cameras in case a driver sips a coffee or eats his sandwich and a non event occurs, , stop insisting every ■■■■ flimsy item is strapped up in case a pallet of cardboard never in a chance in hell moves, stop speed cameras in case they run out of cash, stop pollution zones in case of the same reason.

Like I said …hidden agendas, it’s more like they want to keep a Stazi style check on their workforce…‘‘Because they can’’ , rather than a fire scenario even entering their heads.
It is only my many years of experience in THIS job that has sadly made me sooo ■■■■ cynical and one who neither trusts nor believes anbody involved in the management or organisation of it,.and so far it has done me more good than harm.

I know of a situation where someone was re wrapping a pallet on the loading dock he had the chain across the bay he had to step back for some reason and bend down so his backside touched the chain as he stood back up he lost balance and went over the top of the chain onto the concreate apron smashed his skull and spine. camera on the loading bay was at such an angle it made it look like he sat on the chain when he hadn’t witnessed by several co workers but video footage is video footage and out trumps peoples word. funny thing is the chain was raised and camera moved 2 days later.

Pure and simple fact is all these security measures are an arse covering exercise no two ways about it.