Workplace surveillance

Interesting article about companies trying to monitor office staff. Even with the things these companies are trying to implement they still wouldn’t be monitored as much as a driver.
Thoughts?

BBC News - What are the rules on workplace surveillance?
bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-51571684

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think I’ve made myself clear my thoughts on all this.
All this type of crap everybody has to put up with these days, is just a modern take on Gestapo and Stazi methods, and is perpetuated by the ''If you’re doing nothing wrong what have you…etc ‘’ crew. :unamused:
It supersedes even George Orwells imagination and predictions.,

I think this article just shows the difference between how employees in so called reputable professions are treated compared to drivers.
In this instance, companies have tried to install various equipment to monitor staff. The staff have then said ‘no, we aren’t happy with this’, and the surveillance is removed.
Drivers are treated with such disdain that they argue against being monitored then instead of having it removed, they end up getting more monitoring used against them, all because of a minority of people who can’t do the job properly

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And in the haulage sector, many drivers will just accept in cab facing cameras. What next, a daily report of how long it takes to have a dump whilst on duty?

Barclays says the computer monitoring software was intended to tackle issues such as individual over-working

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The problem is in this industry is without trackers there are a ■■■■■■■■ of usless ■■■■■ that think nothing of disapearing into laybyes for 2 hours at a time.
Our small firm had a rental unit for a few months that didnt have a tracker…true to form the “driver” is abusing this and is always last to site and last one back to yard!

msgyorkie:
The problem is in this industry is without trackers there are a ■■■■■■■■ of usless [zb] that think nothing of disapearing into laybyes for 2 hours at a time.
Our small firm had a rental unit for a few months that didnt have a tracker…true to form the “driver” is abusing this and is always last to site and last one back to yard!

But surely he would be caught out when card was downloaded, and not paid for those 2 hours , so I can’t see how that would be used as an argument for justifying cameras tbh.
As for championing ■■■■ trackers, they were the first of many nails in the coffin in this job.

robroy:

msgyorkie:
The problem is in this industry is without trackers there are a ■■■■■■■■ of usless [zb] that think nothing of disapearing into laybyes for 2 hours at a time.

But surely he would be caught out when card was downloaded, and not paid for those 2 hours , so I can’t see how that would be used as an argument for justifying cameras tbh.
As for championing [zb] trackers, they were the first of many nails in the coffin in this job.

He’s not daft enough to stop for 2 hours solid. Just 10 mins here and 20 mins there

msgyorkie:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

As for championing [zb] trackers, they were the first of many nails in the coffin in this job.

He’s not daft enough to stop for 2 hours solid. Just 10 mins here and 20 mins there

Yeh ok, but if they thought he was taking the ■■■■ and taking 2 hours more than the rest,.would they not ask him to explain the frequent stops?

Where I do the occasional day or two…They had their units subscribed to the Scania Tacho thingamajig(tracked) because they operate all Scania(probably got it free for the amount of units they buy outright every year) Well, what a surprise for a few of the drivers, some who won`t be coming back :laughing:

I wouldn`t mind, but we are given ample time to do the jobs, so no pressure at all, never, just not ever…But there were still some who took the ■■■■ and rightly so they were sent down the road…I despise any kind of monitoring, but if you take the ■■■■ out of a firm that gives you loads of time and zero pressure, then you are a waste of space and should be down the road.

I part agree with Barclays.as some office warrhouse staff do take the mick. Always nipping out for a cig and a coffee.
Wasting 10 Mins at a time say6 times a day
That’s an.hour wasted.

What they should do.in all offices is ban there computer systems from accessing social media site’s YouTube.
As been to many places aan office staff are sat there on Facebook youtube and to busy to acknowledge you at times

Stick a headcam on everytime you go into your depot if they have in cab cams. See how they like it. Refuse to turn it off.

Simples.

cgscott:
Stick a headcam on everytime you go into your depot if they have in cab cams. See how they like it. Refuse to turn it off.

Simples.

What an excellent idea, :laughing: … give these ‘Compliance manager’ :unamused: non job tossers a lesson in being wound up. :sunglasses:…and tell em ‘‘It’s for their benefit in case something happens to them’’ :laughing:

Terry T:

Barclays says the computer monitoring software was intended to tackle issues such as individual over-working

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

…Maybe not such a dumb idea… “Working too many hours, firm not happy at the hours one is booking”…

robbo99.:
And in the haulage sector, many drivers will just accept in cab facing cameras.

we’ve just been asked/told to sign up to the Company’s new camera policy :frowning:
as yet,no one afaik,has signed it.

Where I have been working there’s an agency night man who thinks nothing of stopping at every services along the route for a coffee etc, & he’s max’ing out his hours where possible and averaging 13hrs. The trouble is all the trucks are on trackers & microlise so they know every move he does. A simple 1.5hr night trunk to another depot takes him 2-3hrs one way, do a trailer swop there then take it to another place then return to the depot, which on average is 10hrs max, and the company are getting sick of it. Somehow the agency seem to keep him on site as they say they’re struggling to find drivers, which is ironic because it’s the bleak season and we’re awash with drivers wanting work. The penny seems to have dropped with him and he did the same run the other night in 9hrs. However it’s probably too late for him as he was due his annual driving assessment last week which the office staff (whom he’s P’ed off) have deliberately delayed arranging the assessment so it expires, and the only person who does them on this site has gone on holiday for a month. They’ve also let it be know to a nearby depot that they shouldn’t do the assessment, which will stop the agency sending him there for it.

If you didnt film it it didnt happen. Trackers fine but fid said drivrr deliberatlry do it? Maybe he was stuck behind a tractor most of journey?

Could have had to pull in to check load as he felt it mive in transit?

Lots of variables.

Stop bringing down the agency men.

Racist

If your really that desperate want to drag a job out for am extra hour or so.
Easier way is every drop just take your time walking the office. When loaded spend 10 mins looking busy before setting off.
And when driving drive a little slower

As said if you stop at every services it will show up.
But if you ease off will show your moving and if say anything blame it on traffic conditions.

edd1974:
If your really that desperate want to drag a job out for am extra hour or so.
Easier way is every drop just take your time walking the office. When loaded spend 10 mins looking busy before setting off.
And when driving drive a little slower

As said if you stop at every services it will show up.
But if you ease off will show your moving and if say anything blame it on traffic conditions.

Wooden leg agency driver?

As much as the good blokes hate this stuff and think we should be trusted to get in with the job, these things have been brought in because of people taking the ■■■■. Sitting in a services for 3 hours having a kip = fit a tracker, talking on phone when driving = in cab cameras.

All this ■■■■ is brought it because of a waste of space driver somewhere taking the ■■■■