working time directive

Plenty of evidence to suggest more than one are on pre MED around here by the looks of it… :unamused:

ROG:

Rob K:
Hold on a sec!!! :exclamation: :exclamation:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but some years ago Rog was put on pre-mod for spouting the exact same ill-informed bollox as he is doing in this thread. A certain site administrator informed us in a round about way that he would be remaining on pre-mod because despite many assurances from him that he would cease spouting bollox he was unable to do so. I would like to know what changed that resulted in his release and also, given the above, why is he not back on pre-mod already?

It’s the kind of thing that can land people in hot water and newbies to this site that don’t know any better are likely to take his posts as gospel given his post count. I think this needs nipping in the bud before it gets out of hand again. :exclamation: :bulb:

Rob K, Please quote what I have said that is a lie

I’ll bet you cannot find anything because I was VERY CAREFUL not to do so

You should be able to find plenty which relates to the current reality of the situation :smiley:

See Dave’s post at 2052. Ill-informed bollox that could potentially be costly for someone that takes your bollox seriously.

At this moment in time VOSA does not seem to be enforcing the Working Time Directive . That could change tomorrow , next week , next year - who knows when . No one here has a crystal ball . Rightly or wrongly the Government has taken it on and implemented it .
Someday they will decide to get some of the billions of pounds that has been pumped into it back .
I’m compliant because the company I work for has taken it on board and decided that we will comply - and to be honest that suits me . I have enough to worry about without ending up in court for a breach of the rules .
I’d suggest any company not at least TRYING to comply with the WTD is running a big risk of being fined , suspended or losing their operating licence by taking a chance.

Rob K:
See Dave’s post at 2052. Ill-informed bollox that could potentially be costly for someone that takes your bollox seriously.

That is an opinion - nothing more

Everyone is entitled to their opinion

Stating something as fact when it is not is something else !!

Why does anyone worry about WTD when you have POA?

Having worked for Stobarts for the last 15 months, who plan you to run you for 70 + hour weeks, WTD isn’t an issue. Particularly if you are on day hire to Tesco when you are expected to put your tacho on break or POA when unloading. If you want to get home after your 15 hour shift that is.

It is not Rog talking ■■■■■■■■ it is the silly WTD AND ITS DAFTER POA, what a load of fools who dreamed up a silly idea like this it should all have been one set of hours all built in and recorded by the digi tacho.All the bodys like brake and the rest of them have been hit around the face with a wet fish then turned round and kicked up the jacksee POA dont make me laugh

fuse:
It is not Rog talking ■■■■■■■■ it is the silly WTD AND ITS DAFTER POA, what a load of fools who dreamed up a silly idea like this it should all have been one set of hours all built in and recorded by the digi tacho.All the bodys like brake and the rest of them have been hit around the face with a wet fish then turned round and kicked up the jacksee POA dont make me laugh

I think we would all agree that some of the WTD requirements should have been included in the tachograph regulations rather than a separate set of regulations, but we have to deal with what we have not what we should have, and like it or not the RT(WT)R 2005 are law and anyone not complying with them is likely to eventually find themselves in trouble.

So yes it is ROG talking ■■■■■■■■ because like it or not we’re stuck with the working time regulations and the legal requirement to comply with them.

I would not argue with you Tachograph,I know it is law and we have to get on with it but it is a stupid and I can not for the life of me think how it ever saw the light of day .We have the driver rules all set out and in the dig tacho then a bunch of fools come along and think the WTD would be a good idea ,this silly WTD should be flogged for all its worth on here until somebody sees sence and gets rid of it ,BUT WHEN YOU GET A BUNCH OF CLOWNS THAT CART STUFF BACK AND FORTH FROM brussles to strasbourg every month to run the EU it will never change but it will not stop me calling them a bunch of fools and not stop me calling the WTD silly.

I agree that the EU bureaucrats are stupid but I suppose they have to do something to appear to justify their income, so they draw up nonsense regulations that no-one wants.

It’s like the latest bit of nonsense they’ve come out with, now insurance cannot be gender specific, so young women drivers now have to pay the same car insurance as young male drivers who have a much higher accident record.

You have to wonder what ridiculous rules they will come out with next, if they weren’t so stupid they would be funny :unamused:

MeatintheSeat:
Particularly if you are on day hire to Tesco when you are expected to put your tacho on break or POA when unloading. If you want to get home after your 15 hour shift that is.

I’ll say this simply and slowly so you can understand it - ■■■■■■■■.
If you put your tacho on POA or break while unloading your breaking the law - it should be on other work . I would clarify that with your TTM ( Tesco Traffic Manager ) at the start of your next shift or the Traffic manager in Stobarts . If thats what they want you to do ask them to put it in writing and sign it with their position in the company . You will need that when you end up in court for breaking the rules.
But then again with 4 posts you may just be a troll .

beefy4605:

MeatintheSeat:
Particularly if you are on day hire to Tesco when you are expected to put your tacho on break or POA when unloading. If you want to get home after your 15 hour shift that is.

I’ll say this simply and slowly so you can understand it - ■■■■■■■■.
If you put your tacho on POA or break while unloading your breaking the law - it should be on other work . I would clarify that with your TTM ( Tesco Traffic Manager ) at the start of your next shift or the Traffic manager in Stobarts . If thats what they want you to do ask them to put it in writing and sign it with their position in the company . You will need that when you end up in court for breaking the rules.
But then again with 4 posts you may just be a troll .

If I’m in my cab watching a DVD on my laptop whilst being tipped/loaded and I am on break I am not breaking the law - and anyone who says otherwise is talking ■■■■■■■■. I’m not a troll, just a driver with the ability to read and understand the rules.
Merry Xmas

I think, if you have had a minimum of half an hour POA within the six hours , Vosa accept that instead the stupid worktime directive break. I never bothered with it. Also, there is a difference; if I’m being tipped by a Tesco staff on a bay, I can be on break; but, if I have to load or just even contribute that’s other work.

Dennisthemenace:
I think, if you have had a minimum of half an hour POA within the six hours , Vosa accept that instead the stupid worktime directive break. I never bothered with it. Also, there is a difference; if I’m being tipped by a Tesco staff on a bay, I can be on break; but, if I have to load or just even contribute that’s other work.

POA cannot be counted as break unless under mullti manning rules

The minimum requirement for a break is 15 mins for 6 hours of work under RTD rules

Please correct me if I’m wrong, just want to know if I understand the rules…
according to RT(WT)R rules I CAN NOT work longer than 6hrs and have to do at least 15 min brake?
If I work between 6-9 hrs I need to do another 15min brake (30 min total) and if I work over 9hrs another 15min brake is needed (45min in total, of course most of us will do second brake of 30 min just to cover it with EU Hours and wipe the slate clean)■■? Lets say I’ve done less than 4,5 of continuous driving during that day (EU Drivers’ Hours Regulation - EC561/2006)

RT(WT)R - brakes of at least 15 min (fisrt 15 min before 6th hour, second between 6th-9th hour, and third after 9hours or 15+30 and 45min but before 6th hour begins)
EU Drivers’ Hours - fisrt 15 and second 30 min

I’d be very glad if somene hepls me, I’m just not sure…

vanderbart:
Please correct me if I’m wrong, just want to know if I understand the rules…
according to RT(WT)R rules I CAN NOT work longer than 6hrs and have to do at least 15 min brake?
If I work between 6-9 hrs I need to do another 15min brake (30 min total) and if I work over 9hrs another 15min brake is needed (45min in total, of course most of us will do second brake of 30 min just to cover it with EU Hours and wipe the slate clean)■■? Lets say I’ve done less than 4,5 of continuous driving during that day (EU Drivers’ Hours Regulation - EC561/2006)

RT(WT)R - brakes of at least 15 min (fisrt 15 min before 6th hour, second between 6th-9th hour, and third after 9hours or 15+30 and 45min but before 6th hour begins)
EU Drivers’ Hours - fisrt 15 and second 30 min

I’d be very glad if somene hepls me, I’m just not sure…

There must not be any period in the shift where more than 6 hours of drive/work is done without at least a 15 min break

If you drive/work more than 6 but less than 9 hours in the shift then a total of 30 mins must be taken
OR (that means EITHER the bit above or below but not both)
If you drive/work more than 9 hours in the shift then a total of 45 mins must be taken

There is not a requirement to have the second 15 before 9 hours if you are working longer than that

48 hour week!!! :laughing: :laughing: that sounds lovely.

Can someone finally tell me… Does POA shift the WTD “6 hour rule” or not?
For example: I startet at 6am did 5 hrs of mixed driving and other work and 1hour of POA, do I need to take a break after 6th hour of starting my shift (no later than 12pm) or after 7th hour of my shift (no later than 1pm).
I am totally confused and would be nice if someone can produce a link to a goverment website where is all stated.

vanderbart:
Can someone finally tell me… Does POA shift the WTD “6 hour rule” or not?
For example: I startet at 6am did 5 hrs of mixed driving and other work and 1hour of POA, do I need to take a break after 6th hour of starting my shift (no later than 12pm) or after 7th hour of my shift (no later than 1pm).
I am totally confused and would be nice if someone can produce a link to a goverment website where is all stated.

Yes it does shift it and so does any break under 15 mins

1pm would require a 15 min break

This is quite interesting.

I received a call a few weeks ago from a local company running on a restricted O licence. A driver had been stopped around mid-afternoon. he had not reached 4h 30m driving but had recorded around 7 1/4 hours work but not taken any breaks. VOSA issued a prohibition making him take a 45m break. (He later told me he had taken a break but left the mode switch on work)

Now this does not make sense to me as at that point he would not require 45m of break.

he also told me most of his working days were like this. he simply got the job done, didn’t take any breaks and got back for an early finish. he wanted to do it this way as he was on salary and benefited from his early finish.

By the end of the following week VOSA had visited said company, asked lots of questions about the WTD and finally taken away 6 months of records for all 16 drivers. they also ‘strongly suggested’ the company have all their drivers attend a DCPC course covering the WTD within the next ‘few weeks’ and ‘suggested’ that if they supplied evidence of this they would pass that onto the traffic commissioner.

I promptly received a booking for 12 drivers to attend a DCPC course on a Sunday. This is a company I have failed to sell DCPC training to in the past. I know the manager and all of this story came from him.

The driver who was originally stopped was on the course and when I quizzed him about what happened he stuck by the story there was nothing wrong except the WTD 6 hour rule. he was made to take a 45m break and that was it.

So … sounds like WTD being enforced (incorrectly in my view).

I know someone who works for a Company out of Ipswich, in November he stopped on the M62 to be ill, the Cops turned up, I think he failed the at■■■ude test and they checked his Digi card, after a while he was issued with a £180 fine, 1 X £60 for Tacho infringement to 2 x £60 for WTD ‘infringements’.