Working time directive

Had a Working Time directive Infringement flagged up on my digi tacho.

I worked/drove from 06.00 till 17.00 and took my break at 09.15 till 10.00.

I know my driving time is sorted but its flagged up due to the fact that I never took another break for the rest of the day.

So have you got to take a break after every 6 hours at work to keep the EU people sorted ■■

Never been flagged up before.

First question on here, be gentle…

Cheers

The WTD rules for mobile workers state that no driver shall work for more than 6 hours without taking at least a 15 min break
That 6 hour rule applies to all of the shift and not just the first 6 hours

WTD infringements are only company ones - the authorities are not interested

Ahhh,…
7 Hour without Break :exclamation:

ROG:
The WTD rules for mobile workers state that no driver shall work for more than 6 hours without taking at least a 15 min break

Do you not neet 30 minutes to work over the 6 Hour?

Immigrant:

ROG:

You need a 15 minute break before going over six hours working time.

ROG:

Whether the DVSA choose to enforce the law or not it’s still law.

Rog does tend to keep spouting off about how the authorities don’t seem to be bothered about the WTD rules but as said it’s still the law and if you’re involved in a serious RTA then they would no doubt sift through your hours with a fine tooth combe.

I didn’t realise digi tachos were able to flag up WTD infringements… :open_mouth: You learn something new every day.

Immigrant:

ROG:

Only at DHL :wink:

I never said its not law just that those who are supposed to enforce it are not interested in doing so

What about a break of 45 mins if you have worked 9 hours? Surely if you have a 45 minuite break either after 4 and half hours driving or say before 6 hours work you are covered for the whole day?

Found it

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … orkers.pdf

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
What about a break of 45 mins if you have worked 9 hours? Surely if you have a 45 minuite break either after 4 and half hours driving or say before 6 hours work you are covered for the whole day?

The OP covered the breaks required for the whole shift in regards to the WTD so no issues there but failed to cover the 6 hour rule in the latter part of the shift

If the 45 break had been taken at least 1 hour later then all would have been covered

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

If you have a 45 minute break at any-time during the shift, other than at the immediate start or end of the shift, you’ve had enough break for the daily breaks required, but legally the six hour rule still has to be complied with.

It doesn’t matter if you have three hours break/rest you still cannot legally work over six hours at any-time during the shift without a break of at-least 15 minutes.

ROG:
I never said its not law just that those who are supposed to enforce it are not interested in doing so

I know what you said Rog but you’ve even mentioned on the newbie section about the authorities not policing it and not sure that’s a good thing to be saying to newbies.

LIBERTY_GUY:
I didn’t realise digi tachos were able to flag up WTD infringements… :open_mouth: You learn something new every day.

yep. I had a letter from the analysis company a few months back for going 5 minutes over 6 hours working. :open_mouth:
Wasn’t even anywhere near a truck at the time either, I just made a mistake on a manual entry after being in the yard most of the day.
Complete BS. :unamused:

bald bloke:

ROG:

I know what you said Rog but you’ve even mentioned on the newbie section about the authorities not policing it and not sure that’s a good thing to be saying to newbies.

What is wrong with telling the truth :question:

In my experience it’s the second six hours (if that makes sense?) that catches most people out. They work the first one out easily as their start time is still fresh in their minds, but as the day goes on it’s easy to forget what time you finished your last break.

its a stupid pointless law.

I agree with Rog about Wtd being Micky Mouse but my employer sacked a driver for 6 infringements in 3 weeks for maybe 2 or 5 minutes over his 6 hour period.
So it might be a nonsense but employers don’t always treat it with the contempt they should.

mick.mh2racing:
I agree with Rog about Wtd being Micky Mouse but my employer sacked a driver for 6 infringements in 3 weeks for maybe 2 or 5 minutes over his 6 hour period.
So it might be a nonsense but employers don’t always treat it with the contempt they should.

Whether or not you think the WTD is a nonsense will depend on whether or not you’re benefiting from it I suppose, personally I don’t have much time for it, but plenty of people use it to stop their employers expecting them to work excessive hours.

Either way would you want to work for a company that just ignores any regulations they don’t like, it’s a fair bet such a company will expect their workers to also ignore regulations that don’t fit in with the bosses idea of what’s good or bad regulations.