Working for Stobarts

robthedog:

robroy:
Just enjoyed 2 pints of this tonight Dan…in a secret location in Somerset. :smiley:

Drinking on the job you’ll be getting slated remember the last thread on said subject

:smiley: …Nah, drinking OFF the job in my OWN time mate :bulb: …as for slating the words give couldn’t, ■■■■ and a …spring to mind.

Despite the dayman’s impression of a tramper I ain’t a security guard, so during my own time I’ll do wtf I like, during my 12 hours off, (which does NOT include getting rat arsed enough to be unfit to drive next morning. :neutral_face: )

So just enjoyed 2 pints and a good meal on a warm summer’s night in a beer garden. :sunglasses:
I’ll leave the cab rat/lay by themed tramping to the likes of my old mate dozy who claims to be 'living the dream a la Stobarts (just to keep it on thread) … :smiley:

biggriffin:

msgyorkie:
Get your stock of Ginsters and oranges in ready for the Friday night laybye feast.
Oh…and where do you live as I do like a steak on a friday.

Park up at Grantham services, and Mrs Dozy, will come and get you. But book early as it’s becoming quite popular, seems a lot of Driver’s know about it,

Not a good idea , since daughter told her she wasn’t going to have kids / grandkids she’s started to drink a lot , she sent me this , I’m really starting to worry about the cats mental state , he’s started to look depressed

27F1BCDF-288F-460A-807C-8991663ADDBC.jpeg

Surely we’re talking Stobarts taking over the contractor partner role, rather than actually taking over Morrisons?

Let’s get it right folks, as there’s a world of difference between the two…

DHL never “took over” Sainsburys, K&H never took over Waitrose, and WIncanton never took over Tescos neither, of course.

Because it’s Stobarts, a firm notorious for treating it’s own full timers worse than the agency people - surely the time would be to get one’s oar in at whatever agency is currently supplying the stobarts drivers to them?

…I’m thinking that at present, Stobarts don’t actually have much of a footprint around Kent, since I’ve done my fair share of agency over the past 20 years, and not ever worked at a Stobart-contracted place once during that time… Including working out of Morrisons, Sittingbourne myself back in 2015 via Firmins…

I believe Morrison’s Bridgwater is going to Wincanton.

Sixties boy:

Wincanton,.Stobarts,.DHL, there all much of a muchness like all the other up their own arse type ‘Modern logistics’ outfits. :unamused:
As Roger Daltrey once said…
‘‘Meet the new boss,.same as the old boss’’ :unamused:

They basically all ■■■■ the same way in the same type of pot, to put it politely.

well Still ended up here , and now sat waiting as apparently no palls to collect , just knew the fun & games would start , they’ve a hour then I’m heading home !!!’

52642BAF-974D-47C8-B1C0-10FE4DEAF1FE.jpeg

I must say, that’s a very nice ■■■■■ Mr doze.

It’s name better be Stobart or I’m gonna be very disappointed [emoji1]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

dozy:
well Still ended up here , and now sat waiting as apparently no palls to collect , just knew the fun & games would start , they’ve a hour then I’m heading home !!!’

Oh you rebel your desperate for tonight’s steak dinner or are you concerned somebody else will be porking the missus

dozy:
they’ve a hour then I’m heading home !!!’

Yeh right…

You’ll sit there in yer little green shirt 'n trousers with yer clown shoes on and jump as high as your little Isotrack tells you to.

You always do.

Puppet.

Sixties boy:

Hopefully they get rid of wicked witch of the west out of the chilled goods in :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

yourhavingalarf:

dozy:
they’ve a hour then I’m heading home !!!’

Yeh right…

You’ll sit there in yer little green shirt 'n trousers with yer clown shoes on and jump as high as your little Isotrack tells you to.

You always do.

Puppet.

Your so harsh on old dozy, remember he only does it for pocket money so a man of his wealth will stick to his principles

The clown would struggle to stick to flypaper!

Benjie83:

At least we know Dozy’s steak dinner doesn’t go to waste, imagine the ■■■■■ cat rather enjoys Dozy’s Friday steak dinner.

simcor:

Benjie83:

At least we know Dozy’s steak dinner doesn’t go to waste, imagine the ■■■■■ cat rather enjoys Dozy’s Friday steak dinner.

This is where I feel I must ‘tap out’ now as the baits becoming waaay too strong for me too resist, and I can feel the sensitivity police circling [emoji16][emoji16]

Print this out and hang it above the transport office door:

''Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

robroy:

Sixties boy:

Wincanton,.Stobarts,.DHL, there all much of a muchness like all the other up their own arse type ‘Modern logistics’ outfits. :unamused:
As Roger Daltrey once said…
‘‘Meet the new boss,.same as the old boss’’ :unamused:

They basically all ■■■■ the same way in the same type of pot, to put it politely.

The difference I had found is Wincanton DHL treat you ok, Stobart? Well that’s a different story, done a little bit of agency work out of crick a few years back and to say the office staff look down there nose at you is a under statement. I was a 50 year old, clean, with a clean uniform and this office bod looked like he just stood in something while he gave me the keys. Maybe it was my aftershave :smiley: I then went back there last year to collect a trailer and the way the office staff was talking to one another was cringe worthy.

mmeessii:
Hi all

Just got the news that from October we will be taken over by the above mentioned company in Morrisons Sittingbourne

Any thoughts?

Tia

May be logisticsmanager.com/eddie- … sons-deal/

So which agencies are supplying drivers to Stobarts @ Sittingbourne then?

It ain’t Mainstream, Sittingbourne…

Winseer:
So which agencies are supplying drivers to Stobarts @ Sittingbourne then?

It ain’t Mainstream, Sittingbourne…

Main agency for Morrison was ADR network.Main agency in any Stobart depo own agency Logistic prople.All another agency supply via Logistic people.

Daily mail are reporting stobbarts have taken over 2 morrisons sites but doesn’t say.
And there share price has risen to a whopping 8p