Workers rights

Carryfast:
Worksop at less than 20 miles saf east of Sheffield is deffo Norf unlike closer to Calais than London in the case of Betteshanger.

Don’t forget Chislet, Snowdown and Tilmanstone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Coalfield#Chislet

robroy:

fuse:
Scargil was right he was on the telly telling one and all that all the pits were going to be closed,he showed lists of the ones that were to be closed first, the medi all were against him ME also , they all said he was telling lies but it turned out he was telling the truth they were only fighting to keep pits open and a fair wage actually to keep the lights on at the time the sun said we are sitting on 300 years supply of coal but it was all sacrificed on the alter of the EU …not the common market…POA…WTD dont make me laugh :bulb:

^^^^This.
I was never a fan of Scargill,.he was not the most tactful of blokes,.and I did not agree with many of his politics and opinions,.which were left of Stalin :slight_smile: …but he did speak the truth as to how it actually was at the time.
His problem was…He took on the Establishment, which they HATE. :bulb: …that is why you get punished more for fiddling taxes etc than you do to for doing over an old lady …loosely and relatively speaking.

There was a blanket and exaggerative media hate campaign against him,.and the gullible public sheep believed it all,.as they always do,…and did from the time of Goeblles and the Jews on one side,.to a less serious Boris and his [zb] wine parties on the other…an age old propaganda technique that invariably works…ie tell people something enough times constantly,.and they believe and repeat it with unlimited gullibility …a la truck cameras if you want to bring things back to transport and simplify things to make the point :bulb:

So the Establishment went all out to win and starved the miners back to work, then came all the anti union policies thereafter. .and more negative propaganda, where the sheep listened,.and did their usual thing already mentioned. :unamused:

So today this is how we are with workers rights,.trade unions,.and all the injustices.
So now the modern contingent who dare to take on their employers (usually with no backing from spineless colleagues for the reasons I’ve pointed out).are looked upon as ‘trouble makers’ if they dare to speak out about unfair policies.
In our industry?..again cameras, paying for damages and all the other ■■■■ takes.

Then the more high profile and famous faces like the present Railway workers strike organising leader Mick Lynch for example , is being treated the same way as Scargill.and is well on his way to becoming a public pariah, and only for standing up for, and trying to get his members to keep their jobs and have a good standard of living…nothing changes and people still swallow (and repeat :unamused: ) bull [zb] that is fed to them.
I honestly and deeply wish we had somebody like him representing us in our industry, we sure as hell would not be doing 15 hour days and sleeping in lay bys,.and all the other examples of crap we have to put up with in this job today.

Worker’s rights?..
Nothing changes,.and if you want illustrations and examples of brainwashed gullible sheep believing and repeating b/s fed to them by media and employers , just go through many of the posts on this forum alone, :bulb:

Btw. have a read of my book…‘‘How to endear yourself and make new friends’’
by Rob.******.
:laughing:

^^^^
Exactly, and this is precisely what the Filthies are trying to tell us about the Railway workers. The only difference being that they have now been telling us that belonging to a Union is evil and against the national interest that the sheep believe the lie.

cav551:

robroy:

fuse:
Scargil was right he was on the telly telling one and all that all the pits were going to be closed,he showed lists of the ones that were to be closed first, the medi all were against him ME also , they all said he was telling lies but it turned out he was telling the truth they were only fighting to keep pits open and a fair wage actually to keep the lights on at the time the sun said we are sitting on 300 years supply of coal but it was all sacrificed on the alter of the EU …not the common market…POA…WTD dont make me laugh :bulb:

^^^^This.
I was never a fan of Scargill,.he was not the most tactful of blokes,.and I did not agree with many of his politics and opinions,.which were left of Stalin :slight_smile: …but he did speak the truth as to how it actually was at the time.
His problem was…He took on the Establishment, which they HATE. :bulb: …that is why you get punished more for fiddling taxes etc than you do to for doing over an old lady …loosely and relatively speaking.

There was a blanket and exaggerative media hate campaign against him,.and the gullible public sheep believed it all,.as they always do,…and did from the time of Goeblles and the Jews on one side,.to a less serious Boris and his [zb] wine parties on the other…an age old propaganda technique that invariably works…ie tell people something enough times constantly,.and they believe and repeat it with unlimited gullibility …a la truck cameras if you want to bring things back to transport and simplify things to make the point :bulb:

So the Establishment went all out to win and starved the miners back to work, then came all the anti union policies thereafter. .and more negative propaganda, where the sheep listened,.and did their usual thing already mentioned. :unamused:

So today this is how we are with workers rights,.trade unions,.and all the injustices.
So now the modern contingent who dare to take on their employers (usually with no backing from spineless colleagues for the reasons I’ve pointed out).are looked upon as ‘trouble makers’ if they dare to speak out about unfair policies.
In our industry?..again cameras, paying for damages and all the other ■■■■ takes.

Then the more high profile and famous faces like the present Railway workers strike organising leader Mick Lynch for example , is being treated the same way as Scargill.and is well on his way to becoming a public pariah, and only for standing up for, and trying to get his members to keep their jobs and have a good standard of living…nothing changes and people still swallow (and repeat :unamused: ) bull [zb] that is fed to them.
I honestly and deeply wish we had somebody like him representing us in our industry, we sure as hell would not be doing 15 hour days and sleeping in lay bys,.and all the other examples of crap we have to put up with in this job today.

Worker’s rights?..
Nothing changes,.and if you want illustrations and examples of brainwashed gullible sheep believing and repeating b/s fed to them by media and employers , just go through many of the posts on this forum alone, :bulb:

Btw. have a read of my book…‘‘How to endear yourself and make new friends’’
by Rob.******.
:laughing:

^^^^
Exactly, and this is precisely what the Filthies are trying to tell us about the Railway workers. The only difference being that they have now been telling us that belonging to a Union is evil and against the national interest that the sheep believe the lie.

As I said ‘Kent’ miners first out and last to go back.
Thanks for the reference to Snowdown or I’d never have seen this.It vindicates Scargill and all of those who supported him.Proud to say that I’m one.
Also damns and confirms the lies of the Notts miners’ leadership and the actions of the TUC.Scargill didn’t need a unanimous mandate across every area.
The rule never cross a picket line or do anything to help break a strike applied from the point when Kent etc said out under rule 41 of the NUMs own constitution and was then granted and invoked by the NEC.
We’ll make a southern militant of you yet Rob.
theguardian.com/politics/200 … ers-strike

It made me think when you say a lot of ww2 vets worked in coal industry ,i do not know what paper but it said when we are at war it is (tommy this and tommy the other when the war is over it is f…tommy)

fuse:
It made me think when you say a lot of ww2 vets worked in coal industry ,i do not know what paper but it said when we are at war it is (tommy this and tommy the other when the war is over it is f…tommy)

It would be fair to say that many of those who were branded as militants in all sectors of industry during the 1970’s had served in WW2.Have to remember that anyone who was around 50 in 1970 was 20 in 1940.Even those in their late 40’s during Callaghan’s stitch up were old enough to have been involved in the later stages of the war.
My Dad was born in 1927 and served in the late stages of the Italian campaign and was as militant as it gets in terms of his pro union views and activities when he returned to factory work.Can remember his support for the miners during the 3 day week and power cuts of the 1970’s.I was also trained by many others of his generation when I started work.
Most being justifiably bitter about their treatment v their ‘defeated’ German counterparts.
Usually combined with the insult of lazy Brits not worth as much being thrown by the employer classes.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
Norvenors like the Notts miners who obviously weren’t behind him v the Kent miners first out and last to go back.
Southerners indeed

I live in Nottingham and so subsequently Nottinghamshire and I’m pretty certain we are not in the “North” nor are Northerners.

North of Watford? Of course you`re Northerners.
Ask any Member of Parliament! :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: I know that’s the usual example given, that or Watford Gap services. If you speak to people who really are from “the North” though and they class us as Southerners. Curious what the cutoff point is from the other end in the North/South debate. Reality is we are neither and are from the “The Midlands” but it’s always a bit of fun gaining opinions from both ends of the country.

Zac_A:

alamcculloch:
Lots of working people voted for the Tories for the first time in their lives back then.

A lot like 2019 then, most of us being horrified by the thought of Corbyn as PM chose the blond-haired-buffoon as the lesser of two evils.

Even now I don’t think people vote for the best leader, rather the least worst.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:
I live in Nottingham and so subsequently Nottinghamshire and I’m pretty certain we are not in the “North” nor are Northerners.

North of Watford? Of course you`re Northerners.
Ask any Member of Parliament! :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: I know that’s the usual example given, that or Watford Gap services. If you speak to people who really are from “the North” though and they class us as Southerners. Curious what the cutoff point is from the other end in the North/South debate. Reality is we are neither and are from the “The Midlands” but it’s always a bit of fun gaining opinions from both ends of the country.

Makes as much sense as saying that Sheffield is in the Midlands.
Norf of Leicestershire is deffo the Norf.
Just as Scargill was right and the Kent miners were as solid in their union actions as the Yorkshire miners if not moreso.

WhiteTruckMan:

Zac_A:

alamcculloch:
Lots of working people voted for the Tories for the first time in their lives back then.

A lot like 2019 then, most of us being horrified by the thought of Corbyn as PM chose the blond-haired-buffoon as the lesser of two evils.

Yep., a classic opportunity for some Labour whizz kid with grass route old style Labour Party values,.and bit of charisma thrown in, promising to concentrate on standing up for people of the working class (that actually ‘‘work’’) rather than prioritising on ‘‘New Labour’’ and lefty pc crap, like diversity, with putting minorities before the majority, to jump in and take charge of the country for a few years.
I won’t hold my breath, but you can only dream eh? :unamused:

robroy:

WhiteTruckMan:

Yep., a classic opportunity for some Labour whizz kid with grass route old style Labour Party values,.and bit of charisma thrown in, promising to concentrate on standing up for people of the working class (that actually ‘‘work’’) rather than prioritising on ‘‘New Labour’’ and lefty pc crap, like diversity, with putting minorities before the majority, to jump in and take charge of the country for a few years.
I won’t hold my breath, but you can only dream eh? :unamused:

To be fair Gerard Batten’s UKIP was as close as it gets to that ideal.Also Peter Shore’s widow ?, or might have been daughter, from memory, stood for UKIP and would have been even better leadership material.

robroy:
Don’t gaf about WTD as in this industry it is a fallacy,.a ‘seeing to be doing the right thing’ excercise but with no substance thanks to poa.

As for workers rights, they were here long before the [zb] EU reared it’s ugly head, worker s rights were fought hard for and achieved by our Grandfather 's generation with the advent of Trade Unions in the early 20th century.
However a number of things eradicated them in the last 30 or so years. Thatcher with her selling off of worker’s council homes so they had no stomach for a strike due to mortgages, and the anti union propaganda after the miner’s strike taught in schools and blanket coverage by the media which was all swallowed up by the next generation of workers.
So we have the divide and conquer scenario which was intentional,.where working people are condemning unions and in many cases have become subservient robots who will put up with and conform to any old sh…a great example is this industry that we are all in. :bulb:

So there you have it as Freddie Mercury once said.

I’d no time for Thatcher but have to admit she was a clever barsteward in achieving exactly what she intended.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

Franglais:

fuse:

What!
The UK was importing coal at this time, not from the EU which didn`t exist, nor much from the EEC which did exist.

UK coal imports mostly came from Australia and the USA, then Poland, and S. Africa before any coal from a European country.

Coal Imports January-April 1986
(thousand tonnes)
Country…Coal Imports
Australia…1,361
United States…1,139
Poland…493
South Africa…196
F R Germany…184
Canada…143
Netherlands…115
Belgium…47
Columbia…35

Why would the EEC which started as a coal/iron trade block support coal imported from outside!
Look at the countries selling to the UK. Who made money from putting UK workers out of work?

Strange how Russian miners and dockers were blacking non existent Russian coal exports to EEC member UK in that case.
The unarguable fact is that Scargill was right.
They were documented televised last words of the big K miners when they switched it off for the last time.
There was a cross party agenda to wipe out the UK coal industry, among others, and smash the UK Unions as a bonus.
Obviously bearing in mind that Liebour didn’t reverse any of Thatcher’s policies in that regard during the years that it was in power after the pathetic Major administration.
Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron and May isn’t exactly a record of decent leaders.
All no hopers in the extreme.
Its what the Tories are good at just like their uniparty allies in the form of Callaghan, Blair and Brown and now Starmer.
They are all puppets of the bankers and the bankers long ago bet against this country and put the cash elsewhere.
Bearing in mind that many of Scargills army would have been WW2 vets.Each one worth more than all the politicians we’ve had since combined, with the exception of Powell, Benn and Shore.

Since the Aussies and Yanks were sending strike breaking coal into the UK, and the Russians stopped shipments, it is easy to see why you support the Communist Party, and hold no truck with the black-leg capitalists of the west.
Right On Comrade!

Munchkin:
I’d no time for Thatcher but have to admit she was a clever barsteward in achieving exactly what she intended.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

Pretty much agree with you.
She was mistaken, in my view, but was pretty intelligent and a hard grafter.

“Spot The Difference” anyone?

youtu.be/H1UIuGUBzJA
youtu.be/YBh5shyKJgs

I know this is probably been embellished but I think she was probably the only leader at the time who would of gone to war over the Falklands. I doubt any Tory leader or Labor at the time would of made that call.

For all her flaws, she did a great job with this one issue.

Franglais:
Since the Aussies and Yanks were sending strike breaking coal into the UK, and the Russians stopped shipments, it is easy to see why you support the Communist Party, and hold no truck with the black-leg capitalists of the west.
Right On Comrade!

You seem to have conveniently missed the point that it was the Russian workers that blacked the exports of Russian coal being sent to help Thatcher by the Communist Russian government.Obviously or there would have been no Russian exports needing to be blacked.
Also sure that US unions got a better deal for their members under the Capitalist system than Chinese or Russian workers ever gained in their system.
Although I don’t believe that it was the Mob that took out Hoffa in that regard.

adam277:
https://youtu.be/H1UIuGUBzJA
youtu.be/YBh5shyKJgs

I know this is probably been embellished but I think she was probably the only leader at the time who would of gone to war over the Falklands. I doubt any Tory leader or Labor at the time would of made that call.

Thatcher’s Falklands adventure was a political move for her own electoral benefit with resulting loss of life on all sides.In the knowledge that we were going to take casualties because of Tory defence cuts to naval air power.Also it was those cuts which gave the Argentine junta the incentive to try it.
Which would still have been averted if the US peace negotiations, backed by US naval involvement, had been allowed to take their course.She obviously didn’t want that.

Carryfast:
You seem to have conveniently missed the point that it was the Russian workers that blacked the exports of Russian coal being sent to help Thatcher by the Communist Russian government.Obviously or there would have been no Russian exports needing to be blacked.

Yep.
The Russian workers went against the wishes of Chernenko, who was in league with Thatcher against the Miners.
Obviously.

adam277:
youtu.be/YBh5shyKJgs

adam277:
youtu.be/YBh5shyKJgs

Although the Argentine Junta were the instigators of the conflict, no doubt there, Thatchers Gov were negligent in their diplomacy beforehand. Taking British citizenship away from some Islanders, running down aid to the Islands, withdrawing military resources, all signs that the UK wasnt prepared to carry on as before.

A different approach would have prevented the war. Lives would have been saved.
The Argentines started the war, yes, but the UK could have prevented it.

She saved a few bob on military deployments early on, and spent a fortune on a war later.

Labour`s PM Callaghan had previously sent a small force to the area in a small show of force to deter the Argentinians. Cost a lot less than a war, and no lives were lost.
No hero worship for him.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Yep.
The Russian workers went against the wishes of Chernenko, who was in league with Thatcher against the Miners.
Obviously.

The same Thatcher who the Chinese leadership said it could do business with.
Which was obviously also the end of what manufacturing industry we had left after what she and Callaghan before her had handed over to the Germans etc.
Those lazy militant Brit war vets and their immediate offspring being her excuse.

Franglais:
A different approach would have prevented the war. Lives would have been saved.
The Argentines started the war, yes, but the UK could have prevented it.

She saved a few bob on military deployments early on, and spent a fortune on a war later.

Labour`s PM Callaghan had previously sent a small force to the area in a small show of force to deter the Argentinians. Cost a lot less than a war, and no lives were lost.
No hero worship for him.

To be fair it was Wilson’s Labour administration that started the castration of the fleet air arm by deciding on the scrapping of catapult equipped Eagle and Ark Royal.
Heath’s even worse rabble then ran with it and implemented it.It was that which clearly gave Argentina a green light to prepare it’s plan.
We had no decent long range interceptor air cover and the forces paid the price as Woodward knew they would.
The war being the result of two despotic leaders looking for glory Thatcher probably moreso by deliberately cutting off the US negotiations.The Falklands War certainly wasn’t in US interests and the US made that clear.