Workers over 50

Workers over 50 encouraged to end early retirement .

Due to labour shortage from the covid scam,so now can anyone tell me how many unemployed we have in this country?

bbc.co.uk/news/business-64083802

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

What’s the incentive to work? I mean work more? We’re taxed to the pips as is and I’m going to assume that most of these retirees have enough income to live off which will likely mean they pay tax. Then they’ll go back to work to lose more in tax. Why bother?

It’s my plan to go at 50. It’s been my plan all along and I’ve saved accordingly for it through various pensions over the years, pushing to be debt and mortgage free and so on. I might drop it back to 55 as an absolute latest. But again that’s my choice, I’ll have no state support so it’s none of their business.

I think it would be a good idea to get some of those people who have never worked to get of their back side first.I worked after 65 for a few years then have done part time…yes I sound like a sado but I like work ,better than playing golf or going to gym… I like not needing to go to work.In the late sixties early seventies I was single I had lots of days off would not do week ends ect the stoppages were to high it was not worth it…more work more tax for them to waste

But we had half a million immgrants over the last 12 months, if you add all the immigrants to the unemployed (unemployable) millions, there’s no earthly reason for the govt via its state propaganda unit to beg the already worn out to return to the grindstone.

Maybe there’s a shortage of care workers, anyone’s guess why that might be after some 40,000 were forced out of their jobs because they were sensible enough not to take part in the recent medical expirement.

Many youngsters, helped by articles such as this, seem to be under the impression that anyone over 50 has retired on an index linked gold plated civil service (or MP’s) pension and is living the life of reilly in luxury, the reality for the vast majority of the real working class…ie those like us who work for a living, not the shirkers who call themselves working class…is that they’ve been shafted dry for much of their lives one way or another and unless wishing to live in penury choosing whether to heat their homes or eat reasonably, will have to work right up to state pension age and often beyond either full or part time.

Could be this is just another divide and rule article to drive further wedges between the various peoples of the land.

Get the ‘Underclass’ working,.those who have never had a job,.and are content to live off handouts paid for by me/us,.the ‘‘Scratters’’ as my daughter calls them, or ‘‘Jezzas’’ in the days of the Jeremy Kyle show, some of those f.ers were unreal. :unamused:

Problem is two thirds of them are unemployable, hooked on smack or coke, how tf they fund it beats me…(well it doesn’t really, they go on the rob against again…people like you and me.)

I ain’t the most liberally pc minded of blokes and I accept it will never happen, nor are we able to do something about it, so what’s the point, but either force them to work to contribute to the system, or put the ■■■■ s in camps, away from their children,.half of them use their kids as a source of income,are absolute sh parents,.and should be ■■■■ sterilsed… :imp:

(Wow…Reading that back I should maybe finish that off with ‘Sieg Heil’ :blush: :smiley: but you know what I mean. :smiley: )

People who have retired early have done it for a reason, to have a good quality of life,.after saving enough from their hard earned to do so, they’ve done their bit, they’ve contributed to the system …leave them alone ffs.

I only wish I had had the good sense to do so.

I usually get like this after a few drinks btw…so just ignore me. :laughing:

There’s loads of workers out there. Just there not looking for work. To scared of doing a days work for a wage. When they can stay at home rent paid etc by the government.
And don’t get me started i live in Manchester Andy Burnham has started this scheme anyone on benefits can get free braoband due to a partnership with Virgin and O2.another incentive for people not to work.not to mention the millions is probably costing

robroy:
Get the ‘Underclass’ working,.those who have never had a job,.and are content to live off handouts paid for by me/us,.the ‘‘Scratters’’ as my daughter calls them, or ‘‘Jezzas’’ in the days of the Jeremy Kyle show, some of those f.ers were unreal. :unamused:

Problem is two thirds of them are unemployable, hooked on smack or coke, how tf they fund it beats me…(well it doesn’t really, they go on the rob against again…people like you and me.)

I ain’t the most liberally pc minded of blokes and I accept it will never happen, nor are we able to do something about it, so what’s the point, but either force them to work to contribute to the system, or put the [zb] s in camps, away from their children,.half of them use their kids as a source of income,are absolute sh parents,.and should be [zb] sterilsed… :imp:

(Wow…Reading that back I should maybe finish that off with ‘Sieg Heil’ :blush: :smiley: but you know what I mean. :smiley: )

People who have retired early have done it for a reason, to have a good quality of life,.after saving enough from their hard earned to do so, they’ve done their bit, they’ve contributed to the system …leave them alone ffs.

I only wish I had had the good sense to do so.

I usually get like this after a few drinks btw…so just ignore me. :laughing:

Ignore you!! I would zb well vote for you.

I think the thing is that by the time you’ve got to 50, you’ve got pretty much as far as you are going to go in life and so ambition tends to fall by the wayside and you adjust your life to suit your situation.

For me this means only working half of the year and going narrowboating for the other half. The Government might prefer it if I worked all year round but I don’t claim any state support when I’m not working so that’s my choice. At 63, time is running out and on my deathbed I won’t be thinking “I wish I’d spent more time in the drivers waiting room at Tesco in Daventry”.

I’m 58 and wish I could retire , but will probably have to work right up to 67 , I have worked all my life from the day I left school at 16 until present working various shifts , Saturdays , early starts / late finishes , never really complained as generally I have enjoyed work . The main reason is I have had good work morals installed in me by my late father who passed away at the age of 42 with a sudden brain haemorrhage. Even though it’s been tough I would much rather work hard than cheat the system , we have had great holidays as a family when the kids were young and we continue to do so with just me and the wife, love our weekends away and our nice house / garden , saying that it has come at a price have worked lots of hours with many nights away . What I’m getting at is if you want nice things and a decent life you have to make sacrifices unless your a bum or sponger . Really do think though they should bring the retirement age back down to 60 so we can enjoy more time with our families before the illnesses and lack of mobility kick in , it’s alright saying people live longer now but it’s the quality of life and well being once you hit 60 no good going onto your 90 odd if your shuffling around the garden dribbling and ■■■■■■■■ yourself

The problem is do employers want to employ old people?. I retired in 2005 at age 55 and tried to get a job but it took 53 applications and three years to actually get a job. I had just four interviews because the majority didn’t even bother to acknowledge my applications.

All truckers over 50 should retire tbh.
When I go into Ford or any other place that is known to pay very well it is all people aged 50+ who have been there for prob decades.
All the cushty jobs are in the hands of the boomers. :grimacing:

The driver shortage is a scam. Perhaps the biggest one in the industry. There is not a shortage of drivers only a shortage of drivers who want to do the job for slightly about min wage.

Let everyone over 50 retire. In theory at least the wages will rocket up.
Although, knowing the RTA and our useless government they will no doubt make HGV training fully free and push everyone into it just to keep the wages down.
Tbh, I am slightly concerned what will happen when Labour under Keir Starmer takes power. I think they will start making it even cheaper or even free to become a HGV driver. (Well, I say free it will be us mugs paying for it with taxes. The same idiots who had to spend several thousand pound and get into debt to become a lorry driver.

#rant over

adam277:
Let everyone over 50 retire. In theory at least the wages will rocket up.

I’m sure a lot of drivers over 50 would like to retire but if they still have a mortgage or rent to pay then £750 a month state pension doesn’t really cut it.

Any over 50s who have retired have obviously saved into some kind of savings account or private pension to take after 55, why should someone who has planned and saved to retire early be pressured to return to work?

But i suspect it’s really aimed at public sector workers retired from the nhs or police service.

Well UK gov go fxxx yourselves. Quite happy living off my pension, investments and rental income.

The Filthies are really worried about this trend for the over 50s to give up work and live off their savings and pensions. Very little income tax revenue coming in, plenty of time for assets to be handed down to the children so no inheritance tax, downsizing the house so not so much value to fund care home fees, and a lower VAT take as disposible income spending is curtailed , But what really worries them is their friends in the financial services industry will be taking a big hit with continuing payments from the pension, for maybe 35 years plus, meaning that for a change the recipient will get back more than they paid in contributions. We can’t have that , the plebs are supposed to work until they drop, how can we possibly fund all those pet projects otherwise?

I’m 52 and I won’t be retiring any time soon but the thought of another 15+ years behind the wheel makes me very sad.

Harry Monk:
I think the thing is that by the time you’ve got to 50, you’ve got pretty much as far as you are going to go in life and so ambition tends to fall by the wayside and you adjust your life to suit your situation.

For me this means only working half of the year and going narrowboating for the other half. The Government might prefer it if I worked all year round but I don’t claim any state support when I’m not working so that’s my choice. At 63, time is running out and on my deathbed I won’t be thinking “I wish I’d spent more time in the drivers waiting room at Tesco in Daventry”.

But the government has told us that were all going to live to over 90 and be fit to work into our 70’s.While at the same time
telling us that older drivers should be taken off the road on health grounds.
The truth is it’s all a pension rip off.
So that self entitled under 30’s can spend the working week joy riding around on their bicycles.

I’m so glad that I choose a job that I like. I dont mind doing what I like, till I’m well into my 60’s or hopefully 70’s…

You have to make the most of this life. Enjoy what you do, it makes it beter.

I dont understand how so many truck drivers hate the job they choose, and paid to be able to do, so much, that they rather sit at home and vegetate…

Mind you, very few of them have worked 12xhour shifts in a factory, or any other dead end job.

Grow up.

Last year Boris Johnson invited retired and other HGV licence holders to help out with the driver shortage. How many took up this invitation and how many actually got some work.

The delays at the DVLA meant a wait of nine to twelve weeks to renew or reinstate a licence so unless things improve here and in other Government departments it will be another non-starter.

the nodding donkey:
I’m so glad that I choose a job that I like. I dont mind doing what I like, till I’m well into my 60’s or hopefully 70’s…

You have to make the most of this life. Enjoy what you do, it makes it beter.

I dont understand how so many truck drivers hate the job they choose, and paid to be able to do, so much, that they rather sit at home and vegetate…

Mind you, very few of them have worked 12xhour shifts in a factory, or any other dead end job.
Grow up.

I’m glad you enjoy what you do. I’m sure some drivers vegetate. I’m betting others have good other things they could do with their life that is far more personally rewarding than spending the best part of their day stuck on the M25 or in a waiting room.

Personally, if I got told my purpose in life was to driving bog roll or coke up and down the country til I die I think I’d rather just end it now.