Work place bullying!

I’m posting this with a very heavy heart :frowning: as most of my co workers are ok and some are just clowns :laughing: :laughing: But one has gotten a bee in his bonnet over me being offered, accepting and doing Sunday through to Thursdays (even though it can stop at any time ) :unamused: Most of others couldn’t give 2 hoot’s as they like their Sundays off
Said co worker has been on my back because he thinks I’m a planners favourite (far from the truth ) and I’m doing people out of OT (he has kids I’m single)
I get paid hourly , but he seems to think I’m salaried , I also now do less nights out as I don’t get sent up country much , mostly working SE England
Before you say , I have tried talking to him and explaining but it’s got me nowhere , and I’m not resorting to physical abuse as that will get me or him nowhere but the sack or worse :open_mouth:
I’m not a snowflake as I’ve not approached management about this , but trying shock tactics with my coworkers

Smile and carry on, let him get to you and hes won, add in a few rumours like enhanced Sunday allowance just for you as a favour like, that sort of thing :grimacing:

Dont waste your time talking to him, put him off with hands down back of your strides, have an itch sniff your finger and ask him if he can smell anything, after a while he will think you are a nutter.

you was offered the position not him. you accepted the position ■■■■ him, push on…

Pull your pants up. Stop trying to get bummed

Used to work with a lad,who was jealous to death…if anybody got more hours in,than him.
Of course…we used to lie
And eventually he became so wound up…he left :laughing:

Simply point him in the direction of the guvnor’s office, with the advice to go and see him cos he’s the one in charge, then walk away and forget the twerp.

The working world is full of these envious small minded people, ignore the sods.

The gaffer has used his loaf and selected the bloke who he thinks would be best suited to a particular job he has in mind, it’s no one else’s business except yours and the guvnor’s, you don’t have to explain a thing about the job, how or how much you are paid for it, if he feels hard done by he can go and jump up and down at the boss himself and see how far that gets him.

Tell him truthfully or dishonestly that you’ve asked the guvnor to give the job to him or share it on a rota between you and either the guvnor then accepted or refused.Preferably truthfully and it’s probably actually in both your interests to share it between you on a ( monthly ? ) rota anyway. :bulb:

Planner: whatever you do don’t tell ________ you got this run, the [zb]er won’t stop moaning else…
________: Walks in…
Me: hey _________ guess what run I got… :grimacing:
Planner: ffs…

Offer to swap. I bet money he won’t want to. Which makes you then winder what the issue is in the first place.

Other than that just ignore it. Do your job, disregard him.

Or start making a note of things in a diary. Then you can use the proper channels to register a complaint.

Just don’t show that you’re bothered by it. Smile and crack on.

Oh the joys of work colleagues, I’ve always found that totally blanking people like that does the trick, eventually he might have a hissy fit and disappear, if he doesn’t then at least he knows he won’t get any change out of you.

Ignore him…

You don’t see him much as it is with you being up the road.

If you do see him in the yard and he cuts up rough say nothing, absolutely nothing and walk away.

Double check yer motor on Monday mornings. Sadly, peeps like this can have a habit of playing with other drivers lorries.

Juddian:
Simply point him in the direction of the guvnor’s office, with the advice to go and see him cos he’s the one in charge, then walk away and forget the twerp.

The working world is full of these envious small minded people, ignore the sods.

The gaffer has used his loaf and selected the bloke who he thinks would be best suited to a particular job he has in mind, it’s no one else’s business except yours and the guvnor’s, you don’t have to explain a thing about the job, how or how much you are paid for it, if he feels hard done by he can go and jump up and down at the boss himself and see how far that gets him.

Yes Juddian , I’m single with no kids and a 72 year old Mum so Fridays off suit me due to Dr’s appointments etc

yourhavingalarf:
Ignore him…

You don’t see him much as it is with you being up the road.

If you do see him in the yard and he cuts up rough say nothing, absolutely nothing and walk away.

Double check yer motor on Monday mornings. Sadly, peeps like this can have a habit of playing with other drivers lorries.

I start 5am Sundays and leave at 5am Monday morning as well to beat M4 traffic around Newport and Bristol , and if he did I would take he’s truck instead :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You could use the fact he’s got kids to shut him up. Something along the lines of - they probably plan the work according to family committments so those with families can spend time with them over a weekend. :wink:

Its the idiots who drive the decent drivers away quite often. Saw it at our place recently with good driver been driven out by new idiot who then volunteers to do the “horrific run” he’s been ■■■■■■■■ about getting.

I would just take no notice of him, we all had it at some time or another. As someone said you don’t spend all day with him and remember at the end of the day you out for yourself, you have to pay the bills, so its whatever best for you.

Point him in the direction of the Gaffers office and tell him to take it up with him,then walk away.
OR
Offer to in the Gaffers office with him and sort it once and for all

Just to add one thing , at no point will I resort to or use violence , as the yard has cameras , I’ll let him throw the punch and get the P45

Unless he’s in a position of authority/seniority over you, it’s not really bullying - it’s just him being an arse. So it’s really just a case of letting him get on with it.

If you’re a driver working Sun-Thurs and he’s Mon-Fri, you’ll surely not be seeing him very often anyway?

Seen it all before, mate.
As has already been said, don’t let him get to you and point him in the direction of authority.

Tell him if he doesn’t like it, go see the boss or Work somewhere else where he will get treated like a princess. People like that really do my head in. I had similar recently, because i got offered full time euro work, this other driver gets all offended by it, to the point he was nearly foaming from the mouth about it. Just said go to office and take it up with them because i couldn’t care less what your saying to me now. Bit of a barney ensued but he doesn’t talk to me or aknowledge me now, more than happy about that tbh, blokes a complete helm anyway. One of them done it all sorts, but struggles to deliver to garden centres in essex :smiling_imp: