Work boots.

Can anybody recommend some good work boots to me please? Last couple of pairs I’ve had we’re Dickies and they are crap. Letting water in and the laces just snap after no time at all. Not bothered about paying a decent sum for better quality just wondered what others are using!

We had this recently, a search should bring the thread up.

I’ve used DeWalt Challenger 2 boot for a good number of years, going to cost you around £70, but you will not find more comfort from day one, tough waterproof long lasting, breathable being Gortex.

I buy Air ware steel toe dealer boots , last long time , good quality and easy to kick off when walking round cab . About £65 from Arco. Work give me £20 allowence as I dont wear their provides flid plastic boots. :wink:

Hoggs; expensive but the most comfortable boot I’ve found. the first time you put them on, it’s like your feet are having ■■■!

fifecountry.co.uk/work-boots-sc22-ss57#7004

GasGas:
Hoggs; expensive but the most comfortable boot I’ve found. the first time you put them on, it’s like your feet are having ■■■!

fifecountry.co.uk/work-boots-sc22-ss57#7004

Lol, that made me chuckle.

I’ve been a lifelong fan of DM’s until this winter, and they just seem to leak permanently.

Really getting ■■■■■■ off with it, hhaving size 13’s limits the selection hugely and I had pair of Dickies 13’s that nearly crippled me once so I’m reluctant to order online.

Still, summer will be here soon. :sunglasses:

I’ve been a lifelong fan of DM’s until this winter, and they just seem to leak permanently.

Really getting ■■■■■■ off with it, hhaving size 13’s limits the selection hugely and I had pair of Dickies 13’s that nearly crippled me once so I’m reluctant to order online.

xfmatt:
Can anybody recommend some good work boots to me please? Last couple of pairs I’ve had we’re Dickies and they are crap. Letting water in and the laces just snap after no time at all. Not bothered about paying a decent sum for better quality just wondered what others are using!

ebay.co.uk/itm/190733955366? … 1423.l2649

These do the job

8wheels:

They only problem I seem to have with the DMs is the sole is nice and soft but when loading in Holland we load ourselfs and half way through loading a frozen load the soles go hard and loose all grip and become very slippery , never had none leak . Mine are DM industrial so they dont have the soles stitched on like the normal DMs so this could be where yours were leaking from . HTH.

i’ve been using steel toe CAT boots and steel toe CAT trainers for over 20years (they’re the holy grail for me) — both last well, are mega comfy and are more than worth the £100 price tag for the boots and £80 for the trainers. i’ve had the CAT boots i’m wearing now for nearly 2 years and used them in all weathers and never had any problems at all.

have a look — catfootwear.com :grimacing:

DEWALT Steel toes…No idea what model :laughing: But they have not let any water in, incredibly grippy, comfortable and easy to get the mud out of the cleats/tread :laughing: Good support, quite warm in the snow…A bloody good boot to be honest!

xfmatt:

I’m on my 3rd pair of Dickies, you’re right they’re crap, soles split, heel falls off, after less than a week of use, I’ve given up getting them exchanged, as Xfmatt recommendations required.

try haix they are what the uk fire brigade wear they do all sorts long lengh short length fire resistant chemical resistant if thats what you wont serious boots but also serious dollar

Haix Airpower X11 Mid S3 Gore-Tex Waterproof Safety Boots these are ment to be good

haix.com/en/products/fire/ha … ian-europe these are what the uk fire brigade use at the min and i also have a pair i would recommend them to any one and sitting in a cab all day no problem my feet feel fine after a full day

Dewalt= comfortable smart watertight lightweight, I got mine for £40 they were on sale at screwfix Down from £70 ish

Apache steel boots, cheap at 35 odd squids, no leaks.

adam1987:
Dewalt= comfortable smart watertight lightweight, I got mine for £40 they were on sale at screwfix Down from £70 ish

Think you might have the ones I’ve got, really comfy and warm, well worth £40 IMO

Another vote from me for DeWalt, you get what you pay for and these boots are good value for money.

Easter-Star:

8wheels:

They only problem I seem to have with the DMs is the sole is nice and soft but when loading in Holland we load ourselfs and half way through loading a frozen load the soles go hard and loose all grip and become very slippery , never had none leak . Mine are DM industrial so they dont have the soles stitched on like the normal DMs so this could be where yours were leaking from . HTH.

Yes mine are industrial ones too, they seem to go around where my big toe joins the rest of my foot. A rainy day or just some sloppy muck and I’ve soon got damp boots. I’m deffo going to look for something different.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-work-safety-boots-wheat-size-11/56902?_requestid=1205278

De Walt over here as well, can’t be off them at £40! Very comfortable, very waterproof! I’ve had 2 pairs of Dickies dealer boots and to be honest not impressed my last pair the loop on the back snapped 2 or 3 wear!!

Slippers inside and a cheap (£26) pair of waterprof Riggers for outside…we are on building sites most of the time and wellies cant go over my calfs…and they are warm as toast…

I’m on my third or fourth pair of Dickies dealer boots now, the previous ones have all lasted me at least a year of daily wear.

Paul