Work and job in uk

Hi, i’m new here, i’m interested in job perspective in uk, i have a C+E driving license and i was a several times in Spain,France,Germany,Benelux,Italy… , and in this year i was in uk with my truck, i really like your roads,i was even in London and i think this is great city. Maybe you can give me some advice that I start as a rookie? I am a young guy, I can work through the night, I have worked in the 2 driver crew has over 20 h in 30 h shift. My trucks was, first was Daf xf 105 410,then i get Volvo Fh 12 460, then Daf xf 95 530, then Mercedess Actros 1844, Volvo fh 12 440, and my last truck now is again Volvo Fh 12 460, i’m working with refrigerator trailer, i live in EEC - European Economic Community Country, i have a driving license and digital tachograph card. Sorry for my bad language.

Can you start tomorrow?

Sorry i dont live in UK right now, but i m thinking about move there.
But, i have Latvian driver license and tacho card, how it will cost me,
I need to go on examination, like CPC test or practice driving?
There is some special courses in your country?

I’m sorry for my bad language, I do not own trucks, I’ve only worked with the owner.

gov.uk/government/news/law- … oad-safety

The change in law came into force on 11 January 2013.

Driving licences issued by countries in the European Union and three other countries in the European Economic Area are treated equally. Drivers from the following countries are able to exchange their driving licences for a British licence:
-Latvia

Driving licences from these countries will be exchanged for a full British licence providing the driver took and passed their test in one of these countries or an EU/EEA member state.

This means you can work here in the same way as any UK born LGV driver

You will be under the same driver cpc rules as a UK driver
Did you have any LGV category on your licence before 10/09/2009?
If yes then you need to complete 35 hours of periodic driver cpc before 09/09/2014 so you can drive LGVs commercially after that date but you are legal to drive commercially up to that date
If no then you will need to pass initial driver cpc modules 2 theory and 4 practical before being allowed to drive here commercially

That’s how I see the situation

YES, I have passed C category in 2008 year, tnx for info,i need only exchange the driver license and go to the periodic training, and then i can work in uk as driver? Sounds great, and how its about job :slight_smile: , how your boss look on foreign persons? its real to get driver job , or there is some difficulties?

KarlosLV:
YES, I have passed C category in 2008 year, tnx for info,i need only exchange the driver license and go to the periodic training, and then i can work in uk as driver?

You can drive LGVs in the UK commercially now until 09/09/2014

To drive them commercially after 09/09/2014 you need to complete 35 hours of driver cpc so that leaves you just over a year to get them done

Have you done any driver cpc hours in Latvia?- I suspect not as I don’t think Latvia is in the EU

Yes i was on 35 h lessons,and i get certificate in 2011

KarlosLV:
Yes i was on 35 h lessons,and i get certificate in 2011

Do you have the number 95 next to your LGV driving entitlements ?

Yes, exactly,as well on HGV.

KarlosLV:
Yes, exactly,as well on HGV.

If you have code 95 next to your LGV entitlements then that means you have already done 35 hours of dcpc periodic training and are entitled to drive them commercially until 09/09/2019 :smiley:

Code 95 is the alternative to having a DQC - A DQC is the UK way but most other EU countries do the code 95 system

When exchanging your licence for a UK one the DVLA should give you a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019

EDIT & ADD
I just called the DVLA to be certain how this worked …
Send Latvian licence with code 95 next to LGV (and/or PCV) entitlements to DVLA and they will issue a UK one
The DVLA inform the DSA who then issue you with a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019
It could mean you get the licence back before the DQC but you can start driving immediately because the delay is not of your making

You can legally use your Latvian licence instead of exchanging it but when it needs renewing for any reason the above will need to occur

ROG:
… I don’t think Latvia is in the EU

ROG,

Wikipedia says that Latvia joined the EU on 01-05- 2004.

:arrow_right: Wikipedia list of EU countries

:laughing: :laughing: It’s outside of the Leicester ring road. :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

dieseldave:

ROG:

ROG,

:laughing: :laughing: It’s outside of the Leicester ring road. :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

OK - I read they were EEA and not EU :blush:

ROG:

dieseldave:

ROG:

ROG,

OK - I read they were EEA and not EU :blush:

ROG, you must have read something that’s quite old. :smiley: :wink:

It’s only fair to tell you that there is a growing resentment in the UK towards immigrants pouring into the UK, this is a comparatively small island that many of us now feel is overcrowded.

Please understand that I personally am not racist in any way shape or form, however, even half decent jobs are scarce in the UK, and affordable housing is hard to find for our own young people, the UK economy is failing, as is the health service and the education system, and yet we are still forced by EU regulations to allow people like yourself to settle here, you will hopefully understand that this causes resentment amongst many of us.

You are of course welcome to visit the UK but if you wish to settle in a country outside of your own, please find another country to settle in as we already have too many immigrants in the UK.

Good luck :wink:

ROG:

KarlosLV:
YES, I have passed C category in 2008 year, tnx for info,i need only exchange the driver license and go to the periodic training, and then i can work in uk as driver?

You can drive LGVs in the UK commercially now until 09/09/2014

To drive them commercially after 09/09/2014 you need to complete 35 hours of driver cpc so that leaves you just over a year to get them done

Have you done any driver cpc hours in Latvia?- I suspect not as I don’t think Latvia is in the EU

Hey Latvia is in EU since 2005

szymekinverness:

Are you saying that Wikipedia is incorrect?

:arrow_right: Member state of the European Union - Wikipedia

dieseldave:

szymekinverness:

Are you saying that Wikipedia is incorrect?

:arrow_right: Member state of the European Union - Wikipedia

Who cares !! - ROG has it wrong :blush: - that’s all that matters :laughing: :laughing:

tachograph:
It’s only fair to tell you that there is a growing resentment in the UK towards immigrants pouring into the UK, this is a comparatively small island that many of us now feel is overcrowded.

Please understand that I personally am not racist in any way shape or form, however, even half decent jobs are scarce in the UK, and affordable housing is hard to find for our own young people, the UK economy is failing, as is the health service and the education system, and yet we are still forced by EU regulations to allow people like yourself to settle here, you will hopefully understand that this causes resentment amongst many of us.

You are of course welcome to visit the UK but if you wish to settle in a country outside of your own, please find another country to settle in as we already have too many immigrants in the UK.

Good luck :wink:

Well I can understand your frustration but do not blame us foreigners ( I’m Polish) for anything it’s free will where you want to live I think if you are honest fair hard working person it’s kind of advantage for UK to get those people in who are paying taxes contribute to local economy and so on but on the other hand those who are lazy and looking only for benefits shouldn’t be allowed but anyway look in my area Stagecoach is looking for drivers others companies to but some people prefer not to work and complain “foreigners coming over and taking our jobs”…

We cannot blame those who are allowed to come here to work but we can blame our own Govt for allowing it to happen because they have the option of getting out of the EU and closing borders to all if they chose to do so.