Words fail me...

Is there a tip/ transfer station/ incinerator nearby? The amount of crap that comes out of dustcarts, skips, RoRos, etc. and blows about in some places is shocking.

El Deano:

mrginge:
My passenger footwell has a nearly full tesco carrier bag for life of rubbish. Its nearly all monsters and breakfast roll wrappers due to being in Ireland. Already planned ahead I reckon there is a chance there will be a bin in the petrol station I overnight in tonight.

Posh trucker.

Mine’s has the handle of the carrier put over the passenger seat arm rest so it doesn’t even touch the floor of the truck.

Poshiest trucker yet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

All this ‘posh’ talk, depends on the standard of bag, cheapo tosco bags just dont cut it…Lidl’s is where its at… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

El Deano:

mrginge:
My passenger footwell has a nearly full tesco carrier bag for life of rubbish. Its nearly all monsters and breakfast roll wrappers due to being in Ireland. Already planned ahead I reckon there is a chance there will be a bin in the petrol station I overnight in tonight.

Posh trucker.

Mine’s has the handle of the carrier put over the passenger seat arm rest so it doesn’t even touch the floor of the truck.

Poshiest trucker yet.

All this ‘posh’ talk, depends on the standard of bag, cheapo tosco bags just dont cut it…Lidl’s is where its at… :grimacing:

I use a Waitrose one!

toonsy:

AndrewG:

El Deano:

mrginge:

Posh trucker.

Poshiest trucker yet.

I use a Waitrose one!

Poverty peasant spec Lidl’s or Carrefour/ Sol ones here… :stuck_out_tongue:

I stopped for a break on the a34 northbound in the last layby before the m4 and the view is shocking…
I didn’t get a pic but f### me it’s in a horrendous state.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

toonsy:

AndrewG:

El Deano:

Poshiest trucker yet.

I use a Waitrose one!

Poverty peasant spec Lidl’s or Carrefour/ Sol ones here… :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a Fortnum and Masons one in MY driving days!

AndrewG:

El Deano:

mrginge:

Posh trucker.

Poshiest trucker yet.

i’ve got a bag for life.

asked her for a divorce once still waiting for answer. :blush: :unamused:

El Deano:

Poshiest trucker yet.

I lay claim to poshest trucker yet [emoji4]

Why couldn’t we use the habitual criminals that get “punished” with a community service sentence dressed up in hi-viz and get them out to clear up this country, put a sign up wherever they’re working explaining why they’re there, then maybe the public will have a bit more faith in the so-called justice system. Won’t hold my breath tho’ probably against they’re human rights!

I dunno if things are getting worse re rubbish? It does seem to me to be a worsening problem.
From some studies it seems that people will litter more in an already dirty area. If somewhere is mucky we think a bit more litter wont hurt, so bad places quickly get worse. No-one (almost) will be the first to litter in a clean place. Money and effort invested earlier in cleaning up an area will result in less expenses later on. Fine those doing the littering, and get community service (clean up teams) out of them. Punishment fitting the crime after all. And employing a few "jobsworth" "wanna be cop" "little Hitler" "council busybodies" to enforce the rules would be good here wouldnt it?

A lovely lay-by with great views on the A35 near Dorchester and it’s chemical containers.

whoever filled them must have a bit of a bladder,incontinence problem.

I live in a town in South Wales and it resembles a landfill site. The locals obviously enjoy living in squalor.

waddy640:
I live in a town in South Wales and it resembles a landfill site. The locals obviously enjoy living in squalor.

I also live in a town in South Wales and it’s no different (rubbish wise) than any other town in the UK, are you sure you don’t actually live on a landfill site? Or perhaps you’re one of the travelling community which would also explain it looking like a [zb]tip and why you differentiate yourself from the “locals”?

Reef:

waddy640:

I also live in a town in South Wales and it’s no different (rubbish wise) than any other town in the UK, are you sure you don’t actually live on a landfill site? Or perhaps you’re one of the travelling community which would also explain it looking like a [zb]tip and why you differentiate yourself from the “locals”?

Nice personal attack from a Mod there :unamused:

bald bloke:

Reef:

waddy640:

Nice personal attack from a Mod there :unamused:

Personal attack? Really? Exactly what part was a personal attack?

Funny how peoples perceptions change of what is and isn’t acceptable posting once one becomes a moderator, I’d bet you wouldn’t have bothered getting upset over my post a couple of days ago…

I can see a short term in office… :grimacing:

Reef:

waddy640:

Your response is about what I expected, if I mention anything the “locals” don’t like I get told to go back to England but not quite as politely.

robroy:

El Deano:

mrginge:

Posh trucker.

Poshiest trucker yet.

Yeh, but you’ve got the smelliest cab. :smiley:
I have a small litter bin in my cab, and I transfer the contents in the bag when it’s full at end of day.
I can smell stuff like tuna cans, fruit, or milk cartons in the summer through the night when I’m in the bunk if I forget to empty it.

Zaflora 25%/water 75% in a trigger spray bottle,
Dozen squirts in the plastic bag before using and “viola” no smells just
“Orange & Cranberry”.

No1 poshest trucker.[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Zaflora 25%/water 75% in a trigger spray bottle,
Dozen squirts in the plastic bag before using and “viola” no smells just
“Orange & Cranberry”.

No1 poshest trucker.[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

As a woman, I’m feeling a sense of failure that I have to come on Trucknet for tips on how to keep my bins smelling nice! :smiley: