Word Censor Dodging

Are you xissed… :question: :question: :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can usually find the words to adequately express myself and where as I really do love to swear, I don’t find it particularly necessary to do it in type on 'ere.

Rules is rules…no problem and as the site is accessible to EVERYONE in the world (theoretically), there has to be a balance between expressing yourself and offending other people who may be of a less robust constitution but still wish to legitimately use the site.

Shouldn’t be a difficult one to understand really and I think Lucy has a fair point.

■■■■, ■■■■, ■■■■, arse.

Too many rules and we would be living in Germany, too rew rules and we would be living in France, however its rules like this one (and other rules of equally high importance) that confirm we must be in the UK. :unamused:

I dunno why the censor bothers people so much, it’s easy enough to get your point across without using swearing all the time.

And I’m ■■■■■■■ terrible at work, it’s ■■■■ this, ■■■■ that ■■■■ etc. but there’s a time and a ■■■■■■■ place.

Years ago I used to use an MSN chatroom and the discussion was varied , the members were of all ages. I cannot remember the amount of times I was banned for 24 hours mentioning any blues track by John Lee ■■■■■■ or when nipping out for a ■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

It,s easy!

I also think Lucy has a good point, to be honest in a group of blokes I swear like a trooper, but not on the Internet and not in mixed company (old fashioned you see), you just don’t know who’s going to read it.
As already said it’s not that hard to say what you want without using banned words, and I have to say that this forum is more relaxed towards bad language than some, fair play to the admin and mods for that.

My tuppence worth…:grimacing:

Have to agree with Shrek’s ‘rules is rules.’
They’re made clear, and it’s a condition of using the site, so it’s a fairly simple matter of personal choice…

I take Smee’s point about the use of expletives, and I’m certainly not ‘holier than thou’ and I can eff and blind with the best of 'em… :wink:
But have we paused to consider whether we’d like our children to see and read WRITTEN expletives?
As I’m sure we’re all aware, we tend to tell our children off if we HEAR them using expletives, so why should we put written ones where they might see them?

IMHO, that’s the same as telling the children to ‘do as I say, not do as I do.’ :wink:
Do we really want to do that?
What kind of example does that set?

To put my point another way, we can easily control what the children say and hear, but how easy is it to control what they read.?

IMHO, the site rules are on middle ground and the Mods team do a good job in keeping it that way.
Can any of us honestly say that we need to use written expletives?

Can any of us honestly say that we need to use written expletives?

Definitely ZB not :wink:

KIN-ELL…as a ■■■■ ney comedien used to say…i cant believe this has to be posted…but then again i agree with some that swearing should be banned altogether…full stop…i know we are adults, i know we are truck drivers, and people expect us to swear…but it is not part of our every day life…well certainly not mine…
Swearing (who invented it) (probably in prison), is a way of expressing oneself, especially when one is angry, but i am sure that other words could be used to show our anger.

Oh Bother
What a Blagard
Drat
■■■■
Blat
What a Cad
And we could even use words that use to be in comics when we were kids…

Rikki-UK:

Quinny:
Serious question Lucy.

At one time,all the above words in your mini tirade where banned,iirc,so why are certain ones allowed these days?

(Oh ■■■■■■■■,what an arse I am for writing this crap,when I need to go for a ■■■■. :laughing: )

Ken.

Simply because the community (you lot) made it clear that you felt the rules were too strict and overbearing. while we will never go down the road of a total free for all on language as we still want to keep TruckNet accessible to all age groups, we did feel that the members had a valid arguement .

As everything is in this world it is a compromise between those that feel that to express themselves fully there is a need for expletives, and keeping the website accessible to all. The language issue like many others is under constant review and adjustment by the moderating team.

As Lucy said above if you dont knowif a word is allowed, then just type it in spelt correctly and if it is not the word censor will [ZB] it…

Agreed. If I recall correctly, I was the main whinger for the auto-censor to be slackened off in the first place. There was quite a discussion about it and you guys eventually agreed and gave it a whirl.

I personally thought the end result was a good compromise (like you say Rikki) and catered for everyone’s “needs” but evidently not :frowning: . I’m certainly no angel with my own choice of vocabularly sometimes but the censorship here very reasonable and way less than you’d find on the vast majority of other large public forums.

Frankly, if you feel you can’t get your message across on these foums without having to change the letters in order to dodge the auto-censor then you have some serious vocabularly issues that you need to address :open_mouth: and if I were the admin here I would give any offender 1 warning for doing it and then a 1 week suspension for a repeat offence (followed by longer suspensions for further repeat offences). I think that’s fairly reasonable myself.

Quinny:
(Oh ■■■■■■■■,what an arse I am for writing this crap,when I need to go for a ■■■■. :laughing: )Ken.

Shrek:
■■■■, ■■■■, ■■■■, arse.

Im sorry guys but you seem to be forgeting something here…

■■■■ is allowed too… snigger, snigger :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Reef:
■■■■ is allowed too… snigger, snigger :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I was going to use that once but I did not want to make a ■■■■ :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Boobies… snigger, snigger, snigger :laughing:

Childish i know but what the hell

Reef:
Boobies… snigger, snigger, snigger :laughing:

Childish i know but what the hell

CHILDISH :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - not to me but the Mrs says I have a mental age of 3… :wink:

I once read somewhere that men who swear a lot normally means they have a small ■■■■■…I don’t know if this will cast any light on the subject… :laughing:

Smee:
I once read somewhere that men who swear a lot normally means they have a small ■■■■■…I don’t know if this will cast any light on the subject… :laughing:

you got that torch under the duvet again :question: :question: :question: :question:

Smee:

I can confirm its true, i swear like a trooper.

At the end of the day what is swearing. it is just another word. and to be honest most school yards would put any truck stop to shame in the art of expletive utterance. but then rules are rules. :unamused:

I agree with Flipper, if you want to learn new words go and stand outside your local school… :laughing: