Word Censor Dodging

I hate having to put posts like this up, but I’m at my wit’s end with this one so I’m left with no choice.

When you post on these boards you agree to abide by the rules. Therefore you need to READ them before posting, because we assume that you have when we consider any edit.

Posting “creative” spellings of banned words does nothing more than create unnecessary work for the Mods - who are all unpaid volunteers - and ■■■■ us off. Yes, that was a swear word. Many are allowed, only the stronger ones are not - we’re trying to keep a happy medium.

We’ll never please all of the people all of the time, so we’ve tried to go for a middle ground. That’s why arse, crap, ■■■■ and ■■■■■■■■ (amongst others) are allowed. The simple way to find out if a word is banned or not is just to post the standard spelling and if the censor takes it out then no harm done.

To persist in trying to dodge the rules is a simple lack of respect, and it seems to be the same people over and over again who find it impossible to restrain themselves. With that in mind, we are going to HAVE to start issuing warnings under the usual system to repeat offenders.

It’s not big, it’s not clever, and it’s not hard to get your head around. So just don’t do it. Simple. Anyone who’s met me will tell you that I swear like a trooper face to face, but even I manage to [zb]ing restrain myself on here. :wink:

Rant over. :blush:

It’s also quicker to put ZB ZB ZB ZB ZB :slight_smile:

ASDA is a four letter words that’s used far to often, i personally find the mention of this word personally offensive :unamused:

Mikejk:
ASDA is a four letter words that’s used far to often, i personally find the mention of this word personally offensive :unamused:

It is if you work for Tesco!! :wink:

Mikejk:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Serious question Lucy.

At one time,all the above words in your mini tirade where banned,iirc,so why are certain ones allowed these days?

(Oh ■■■■■■■■,what an arse I am for writing this crap,when I need to go for a ■■■■. :laughing: )

Ken.

Quinny:
Serious question Lucy.

At one time,all the above words in your mini tirade where banned,iirc,so why are certain ones allowed these days?

(Oh ■■■■■■■■,what an arse I am for writing this crap,when I need to go for a ■■■■. :laughing: )

Ken.

Simply because the community (you lot) made it clear that you felt the rules were too strict and overbearing. while we will never go down the road of a total free for all on language as we still want to keep TruckNet accessible to all age groups, we did feel that the members had a valid arguement .

As everything is in this world it is a compromise between those that feel that to express themselves fully there is a need for expletives, and keeping the website accessible to all. The language issue like many others is under constant review and adjustment by the moderating team.

As Lucy said above if you dont knowif a word is allowed, then just type it in spelt correctly and if it is not the word censor will [ZB] it…

Fair answer Mr.C.

Ken.

I just can’t believe that some truck drivers have been trying to find a way around the rules… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
I just can’t believe that some truck drivers have been trying to find a way around the rules… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: They’ve been trying to find the right fuse to pull is all mate :laughing: :laughing:

to be fair lucy some of the words on the censor are stupidly banned, im only using them now for the purpose of example so if you can help it, please dont ban me for it

F E C K

F O R K E D

the former being a totally inoffensive word commonly used by irish people, and increasingly used by english people

and the latter being a term some people use for being unloaded.

i suggest you review the list of banned words

thank you.

We are all grown ups, arnt we… :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused:

What about the American word,Frikkin?

Ken.

Smee:
We are all grown ups, arnt we… :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused:

I seriously wonder sometimes…But if we are, then abiding by the rules we signed up to shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Quinny. The answer to your question is “evidently”. :laughing:

Sometimes an expletive is only to express ones self, quite harmless when it is used for the most part in good fun, I think people need to lighten up a little if they find this offensive in any way… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused: :unamused:

Ta. :laughing:

Ken.

Smee:
Sometimes an expletive is only to express ones self, quite harmless when it is used for the most part in good fun, I think people need to lighten up a little if they find this offensive in any way… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused: :unamused:

If you don’t like the rules, don’t use the site. It really is that simple. We’ve had this conversation a thousand times before in some guise or other on here,and the answer isn’t going to change now any more than it did any other time. :unamused:

Smee:

I’m not one of the ones that goes down the route of “Swearing and cursing is just an example of a poor vocabulary . . .blahblahblah”

I agree that sometimes a chosen expletive is actualy called for, and can have the desired meaning and impact to a conversation. Be that online or in person.

I’ve been required to explain my (various) bosses over the years “I didn’t swear at him, but I did swear in conversation with him - there’s a difference” :unamused:

I’m no shrinking violet.

As Lucy (■■) says - It’s in the rules. Somewhere, I’m sure. I haven’t fully read the rules and AUP as such.

When we passed our driving tests, we joined the “club” And by doing so, agreed to abide by the rules. It’s only human nature to push, bend, flex, and rub up the edges of many rules.

I think the same applies here.

But . . . .

I believe this is an open forum (?) that can be read by anyone with an internet connection.

And although we need to be (generally) 21 to hold a HGV licence, membership of the site is open to (I think ■■) 13 year olds ? (But that’s a different issue)

So open and “adult” ■■■■■■ and blinding on here would/could/should be seen in the same light as the ignorant, arrogant arses that don’t moderate their choice of language when in “mixed company”

No ?

Lucy:

Smee:

If you don’t like the rules, don’t use the site. It really is that simple. We’ve had this conversation a thousand times before in some guise or other on here,and the answer isn’t going to change now any more than it did any other time. :unamused:

I am not arguing with you, I am just pointing out that in life one needs occasionally to have a laugh… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Can we say ‘redundant’ if so, why can why say dedundant but we can’t say f*&^%$£$k :question: because when you’re redundant you’re f&^%$£$k :unamused: