Wont be driving for a while

Hello all, just got back from the hospital today . Had a heart attack 2 sundays ago 26th?, The paramedic saved me life with an £800 shot of some drug, (well another paramedic told me it was 800 quid anyway) i had to give permission as the drug is a 1 in 200 chance of giving a stroke! :laughing:

Then last friday i got to have the experience of an angiagramme in Stoke, had to sign for that an all as it can give you a stroke or heart attack! It only gave me a very tiny stroke so now im home. The doc says 3 of 5 arteries are bolloxred and got to have a triple bypass in a few weeks apparently.

Im knackered a lot of the time. Needless to say, theyre gonna take my hgv license away for a while according to the hospital, so Ive got a lot of free time as I wont be driving for a good while! :laughing:

I am shocked!
Hope you are well on the mend mate & hope you get to be doing what you want to do, soon!

Take it easy, you only live once!

Sorry to hear that Mal.

I kind of know what you are going through, I had a suspected heart attack 3 yrs ago, spent 7 days on the coranary care unit at Chesterfield, the 2 days at Northern General Sheffield, where I had an angiagram. Luckily it was an infection in the lining of my heart, and I got the all clear 2 months later and was able to go back to work.

From memory I think you can get it back when you can complete a medical which includes a treadmill test.

Hope it all goes well for you, and you back in the globby asap

Sorry to hear that Mal, you take it easy and follow doctors orders until they put you back together. In the meantime, to keep you occupied, how about doing a detailed history of the big A to go in the photo section.

Keep your chin up and the best of luck

cheers

Jules

Crikey :exclamation:

That’s a hell of a shock :frowning: . I’d like to be the first to wish you a speedy recovery (and to cut out the 100 ■■■■/day and all-day breakfasts every day too )

Cheers.

Cheers for the good wishes lads, Im gonna have to think about what I do when I get better, I might not go back down the road at all, well, we’ll see! You never know, ive got a cpc, maybe i can go in the office, :laughing:

Sorry to hear that Mal, hope you get better soon and take it easy.

WOW take it easy Mal.

Can you not just clear arteries by doing loads of exercise and stuff which shoves blood along them at silly speeds and drags all the [zb] out with it :question:

:confused:

Even though I’m not a smoker my Old Dear has always warned me about the amount of fatty stuff I eat, like crackling off Sunday joints and chicken skin etc, and how it chocks up your arteries and causes you a heart attack. That ad on the telly about smoking where it shows all the gunge they get out of your arteries has been a damned good wake up for me :open_mouth: .

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that mate :frowning: :frowning: Take it easy and get well soon. :smiley: :smiley:

[zb] me!!!

Sorry to hear about that old boy,Get yerself sorted soon,and hope everything goes well.

Ken.

I can empathise with the sentiment, but it had to go! L.x.

Geez Mal, I’m shocked to hear that news. :open_mouth:

Still, I’m glad your here to let us know how you’re getting on. Hope you are back on your feet again real soon mate. Take it easy squire.

All the best,

Paul.

bloody hell mal

i noticed you in’t been about recently ,you take care mate and put your feet up :smiley:

jon

like i said in pm mal, every one seems shocked keep ya chin up m8, i took the liberty of telling coffee and lucy, if its any consolation and it wont be, my grandson at 3 weeks old had open heart surgey mal ncle freeman hospital… (what a team they are m8)… and he is 15months now fighting fit, talk 2 u lata m8… :wink:

Rob, dont try that for ■■■■■ sake! about 2 years ago, I was in the hospital because I was a nutter deadlifting too much weight, so that dont work! Heart went to 170 bpm for 15 hours and I nearly pegged it.

To be honest, I think its genetic, and the luck of the draw

Cheers all by the way! :smiley:

Get well soon Mal :exclamation: :wink:

cheers Tez, I wont get killed by a poxy heart attack! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Take care mal and get well soon mate

My old fella had a minor stroke about 12 months ago when he was feeling better he took up mountain biking nothing to difficult just a gentle pace and now [zb] me he can run rings round me allday long

simon

bloody hell mal! i noticed you hadnt been on much but put it down to you tramping all week. here`s hoping for a speedy recovery mal. all the best- jon

New post go look Jobs for Mal