Women HGV drivers... Tut...!

As far as i’m concerned. as long as we can do the same job as you guys, it’s a fair game…

So… New young bird starts, has trouble opening the rear roller door… !!! So gets the ‘very much wanted’ night trunk up north… In the newest truck… !!! Just like that… The only route that every driver would fight for… :open_mouth: :confused:

Now i’m not a bitchy girl… It takes alot to wrile me, and I tend to steer clear of peeps like that, BUT… She come along with her gelled hair and lipstick, moaned she can’t do the job, so got the easiest route on the books…!!!

If you CAN’T do the job, you SHOULDN’T do the job… :imp: :imp:

AND it ain’t gonna help ‘our’ cause if female drivers get known for NOT doing the hard work and using fluttering eyelashes to get the best jobs… :unamused:

■■■■■ MODE OFF…

OR… Am I getting pee’ed off cuz she’s a pretty 19yrs old (sorry, 21), and i’m 32 and have just found a clump of grey hair amidst my red locks… :confused: :laughing:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Ragtop:
OR… Am I getting pee’ed off cuz she’s a pretty 19yrs old, and i’m 32 and have just found a clump of grey hair amidst my red locks… :confused: :laughing:

Luv

Be thankful you got hair, mines going grey, and going :cry: :cry:

And if she is 19 has she got an LGV licence■■?

RAGTOP: try not to worry ,she will reap what she has sown and the harvest
may be one that she will not wish to harvest, and although this is a old
quotation ,but true

BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP; IT IS THE PERSON INSIDE THAT COUNTS

Does she have blonde hair to match, the dumb attitude ?Ragtop

I dont mind them having the easy jobs job`s on the newest motors,
so long as before they set of they make sure the washing up & ironing are all done.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Only joking Ragtop, i know what you mean we had woman that used to
work for us through BRS Taskforce on a job i used to be on out of Alcan Latchford,
poor girl she came from a defective gene pool as she was missing the
roping & sheeting gene, but had loads & loads of the tautliner gene
and she would also go blind & deaf at times if she was shown how to
rope & sheet.
The above mentioned lazy arse is the only one ive come across,
theres loads of women out there who get on with the job,
just like theres plenty of blokes out there who are no better than than the
lazy arse above

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Worked with a couple of ladies on fridge work and they were the best - one could back an artic on either side is any gap. Pull pallets up hill to delver.

Any women joining this industry is welcome and as long as they can do the job fair respect to them.

Ragtop:
AND it ain’t gonna help ‘our’ cause if female drivers get known for NOT doing the hard work and using fluttering eyelashes to get the best jobs… Rolling Eyes

Does nothing for womens reputation within the industry either. It must be hard enough trying to do the job anyway. A lot of the women drivers I’ve seen have a lot of respect from their male colleague’s, because they’ve been and proved that they’re as good, if not better than them.

At the end of the day, it’s her choice, might it be worth a word before one of your male colleagues puts it a bit more forcefully :open_mouth:. I’ll go and put the tin 'at on now for when the handbag comes my way :laughing::mrgreen:.

There is nothing wrong with drivers looking their best, and I say this improves the industry image. I have come across plenty of drivers male and female having probs with the job and would help them equally.
I had probs at an RDC once and was helped by a woman driver who generally just fluttered her eyelashes at the prat behind the counter and fixed the problem. Perhaps I can load, couple trailers, and change tyres better but I wouldnt have got tipped.
A lot of idiots hold me in the outside lane and give abuse if I am motoring faster, never has a woman driver done this.
Who wants to night trunk up north or anywhere else? Doesnt sound like the best of runs to me.

I wouldn’t be-grudge anyone who needed some assistance, but this is more of a “Oh i’ve broken a nail” type of excuse… If you’re not strong enuf to open a roller door… !!! I struggle sometimes, but I try…

And the night trunk IS the best job, cuz you get a full 9hrs and only have to swap at the other end, no doors involved… Compared to a ‘proper’ run, where you have to get the truck into some dark hole, then unload a whole 44ft of cages, then load up with empties… So she’s getting it well easy…

Luv

I tell you something come monday im gonna go to work with whats left of my hair gelled up a bit of the wifes lippy on and just for good measure i think i’ll wear one of the wifes low cut tops to show a bit of hairy man ■■■■■ :wink: :wink:

Do you think i’ll get the easy job then ?

simon

Ps dont let it get to you chrisie at least YOU know YOU can do the job :sunglasses:

A 9 hour night trunk up north■■? thats nothing, with the agency we can pull in easy 12 hours upto Glasgow from Manc, or down to Heathrow, with all the waiting around, you can easily get more hours in. 9 hours is poor if you think thats a good crack then you need to move to find better work. I love doing the Lidl runs down to Belvedere or upto Livingston, no need to drag it out, it drags its self out. :laughing: hehehe

I must agree with you though if they cant do the job then they shouldnt expect all the easy work, this goes for male and female, and those who arent sure. :laughing:

i fail to see how a 12 hour shift would be better than a 9 hour shift …
but in saying that i,am salaried …
i had a monster shift last night though

7 hours :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am not salaried, I’m with an agency, by the hour and weekly how I like it, so long hours preferably 12-14 suits me just fine. so a 9 hour trip is just like well its not enough but I’ll take it if there’s nothing else going.

Had a nice 5 hours round trip down to Crick last night, trailer swap, easy peasy. cash in hand, nods as good as a wink :wink: know what i mean guvna :wink:

BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP; IT IS THE PERSON INSIDE THAT COUNTS

a she’s inside out then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:
BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP

But ugly goes right to the bone. :wink:

Try not to let it get to you, Chrissie…just remember 2 things…

Firstly, there will always be a few girls like this, and it’s always irritating when you come across them. But they very rarely last very long - have a little dabble and then go in the office/ back to university/ whatever, then spend the rest of their lives blagging drinks on their tales of “when I was a lorry driver” :unamused: - and the upside is that the other lads will soon get sick of her. Which then means that you’ll get all the more respect for doing the job properly… :wink:

Second is that it’s not just girls that do it…there are lads out there who are still pleading “inexperience” after several years in order to get easy runs etc. You’ll come across them as well…and again, you’ll get “reflected respect” when you do. :sunglasses:

Respect is the most important thing to earn, IMHO…I’ve had loads of help in small ways from the lads I work with as I’ve got “bigger”, and it’ s entirely because they know full well that I’m perfectly capable of doing the job (open-side hell-boxes and all) when my health is more “normal” - and will be doing it again in a few months time…:grimacing:

As I think most people know, I’m a firm believer that women don’t in fact have any more difficulty being accepted these days than men (although we have the women who went before us to thank for that, and all credit to them for making it this way)…lasses like the one you describe generally cause trouble for no-one but themselves.

Ragtop:
…and i’m 32 and have just found a clump of grey hair amidst my red locks… :confused: :laughing:

Luv

I’ve had white hair pushing through at the fringes since I was 24 - I’m now 29 and its just a signal to get my haircut… :smiley: :smiley:

So what if she gets the night trunk?
Any muppet can drive on the motoway in a straight line! (unless you’re Jessicas Dad…)
Let her have it, and keep yourself entertained and well practised in the art of “proper truck driving”, by doing the harder stuff that involves reversing, driving through city centres, and running down John Prescott.

Cheers guys… :wink: spose you’re right…

Guess who’s got the trunk on Sunday night…
ME… :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:
First time in 4 months, and this’ll only be the third time ever… :smiley: :smiley:

Must be this young-uns day off for a manicure… :laughing: :laughing:

Luv

Pretty 21 year old with HGV licence…
Hmmm…
Wonder if she wants a job double-manning to Italy? :wink:

ianyng:
So what if she gets the night trunk?
Any muppet can drive on the motoway in a straight line! (unless you’re Jessicas Dad…)
Let her have it, and keep yourself entertained and well practised in the art of “proper truck driving”, by doing the harder stuff that involves reversing, driving through city centres, and running down John Prescott.

’ Scuse me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Nowt wrong with night trunking :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
And I’m not 21 (for a long time gone!) or blonde (unless grey counts).