Women HGV Class 1 Drivers

hutpik:
Hi all. I have to say that i agree with the comments about ‘‘if you take a job on you must be prepared to do the same as the rest’’.This applies equally to men as well as women.We have all worked at companies where there is one’‘blue eyed boy’'[or girl]. :sunglasses:
When my wife was alive we ran as a team for various companies to such diverse places as M.E.,Europe,U.S.S.R.,and Canada. :open_mouth:
Always my wife[who was only 5’1inch] done as much[or more]of the work than me. :blush:
Obviously when the situation arose such as customs or a difficult customer my wife would deal with the situation to resolve problems.This was not sexist but merely using our available assets to the advantage of all concerned. :wink:

Up here in Lappland i drive a 50ton tipper 1km underground in a mine. This is definitley not a job for everyone [male or female].Due to a chronic shortage of people[and the good money]we have about 30percent of female drivers in the mine driving everything from 980 Caterpillar and Elphinstone wheel loaders to 50 or even 100ton trucks underground. :open_mouth:
The mentality is that ‘if they want,and can do the job’’ then good luck to them.and it seems to work for the most part.Maybe they have a bit of a problem changing a truck wheel when we have punctures[which is the bane of life here],but [zb],so do i. :cry: Take care.Mike

Does Lappland need psychotic, sexist,imbalanced and insane drivers ? and if you need a father christmas up there just ask that prat sarge dye his beard white and my KKK hat red and stick it on his head ohohoh

Definition of a ■■■■■■ for the cave man!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/■■■■■■_(food

Dantruckman, such interesting views you have. Very wide ranging issues from immigration to window cleaning to female drivers. Might I suggest you hook up with Carryfast, I think you may be from the same galaxy as him.

Just out of interest, are you vertically challenged by any chance?

Dantruckman.I fail to see how your statment has any bearing on my post in any way,shape or form.
It seems that the psychotic,imbalanced,sexist and insane part is your end.
But by all means if you wish to apply for the post of village idiot up here no doubt we could find a place for you.Mike

dantruckman:
Does Lappland need psychotic, sexist,imbalanced and insane drivers ? and if you need a father christmas up there just ask that prat sarge dye his beard white and my KKK hat red and stick it on his head ohohoh

Is English not your first language? I have seen some drivel written over the years, but you win first prize for nonsense.
I was going to block you, but I’m enjoying myself too much - watching you rant away to yourself :unamused:
Your turn…

Amen Sarge. I was thinking the same but he’s the funniest i’ve seen on here for a while. Even better than Carryfast or Magnatit :open_mouth:

weve got 3 women drivers a.f.a.i.k ,a lesbian,■■■■■ star and a dragon,its really tough on us blokes :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Doesnt really bother me if its a male or female ,if they are a driver and they ask me to help ,i’l help them.
Ive worked with older blokes that cant climb up on a load to put their sheet on or sort straps out years back and no-one ever complained we’d just help them out.cant see what your problem is to be honest.
Used to get sent out on the Euronics contract our firm had and the younger blokes as i was then used to do it and the older fellas who werent fit enough to go do 20 drops over 3 days handballing washing machines ,fridges,freezers etc,used to stay on the palletised stuff,we were all paid the same but none of us complained,fair play to any woman that wants to be a truck driver i say!!

I want to see more women in the industry, and more eastern Europeans as it saves me looking at, smelling and listening to the knuckle dragging cab rats that seem to infest this job!!!

1. I’ve come to the conclusion that you should ■■■■ off into the fast lane of the M1 and do the world a favour.
  2. I’ve actually yet to meet one of these ‘bat your eyelids’ girls. I work with a few other women and yes, we’re generally not as strong as the blokes but if I need help I ask and if there is a trick to learn to make it easier I learn it. I know others are the same. We don’t want or expect different treatment we’re playing the same game as everyone else.

caz:

1. I’ve come to the conclusion that you should [zb] off into the fast lane of the M1 and do the world a favour.
  2. I’ve actually yet to meet one of these ‘bat your eyelids’ girls. I work with a few other women and yes, we’re generally not as strong as the blokes but if I need help I ask and if there is a trick to learn to make it easier I learn it. I know others are the same. We don’t want or expect different treatment we’re playing the same game as everyone else.

Well said Caz,good for you!! :smiley: :smiley:

dantruckman:
Had a call from my good mate today.

Place he is working at has now got a woman driver :confused: , but the thing is they give her the best runs no London and she gets the best truck units and all the light loads ie. bog roll and tampax because she is not stronge enough to pull the pallets off beer or tined curry of the truck at the other end.

Now my point is this…If a woman wants to enter a mans world she has to be able to do what the men can do. If she cant then sack her :laughing: .

Trouble is you got to be so PC with the little darlings, another one of my good mates got banned from one site for having a little joke with the woman security guard. She said i will just put this seal round it (with regards to his trailer) all he said back to her was why dont you come here and put your mouth round it luv LOL… :laughing: no harm done and none ment. She got all upset about it and had him banned from site FFS.

Anyways back to the point, do any other drivers out there come across women drivers and what they like. Any good looking ones feel free to post pictures lol.

What a sad world we all live in, woman have as much right as us blokes to drive trucks if they want. So what if they cant drag heavy pallets etc etc. It would be unfair not to employ a woman to work in a chosen profession just because they’re physically weaker then the average male. After all to all the macho men out there why do you care if she gets easier loads, your all so strong it cant be any trouble for you dragging heavy pallets about so why are you moaning. I’m not the strongest man in the world & i have struggled to drag pallets at times so does that mean i should’t drive trucks.
I think alot of men are frightened of being shown up by woman, i myself don’t have a problem with it. Woman should be allowed to drive trucks. My sister has a c+e licence

Some guys need to loose the attitude that Woman cant do this job & its a mans job :unamused: :unamused:

calebs gramps:

caz:

1. I’ve come to the conclusion that you should [zb] off into the fast lane of the M1 and do the world a favour.

Well said Caz,good for you!! :smiley: :smiley:

+1

We have several lady drivers at my place.

I quite like them, they smell better, they don’t damage every bit of new kit we get , they leave the cab clean and tidy when they finish, and they don’t seem to have an “attitude” problem.

mike68:
We have several lady drivers at my place.

I quite like them, they smell better, they don’t damage every bit of new kit we get , they leave the cab clean and tidy when they finish, and they don’t seem to have an “attitude” problem.

Totally agree

ady1:
weve got 3 women drivers a.f.a.i.k ,a lesbian,■■■■■ star

That could be an good shift if double manning (or womaning!) :laughing:

Oh dear, where to start… :unamused:

First off, your mates so called joke…Why should a woman, whatever her job is be expected to put up with ■■■■■■ harassment by some nuckle dragger ■■? Now it doesn’t matter what ■■■ a person is, they have a right to work in a safe environment, and that includes safe from ■■■■■■■■ frustrated loud mouthed idiots. I hope I meet him one day… :wink:

As for women HGV drivers… Mate I could buy and sell you. I just got in from a good weeks work which I did all by myself, with no help. in my new truck. And bless you, you gave me the best laugh of the week. :smiley:
Like Malc says I work on Steel, have done for a number of years, and yes I can do the job very well thank you. I don’t need or expect help, but if I find I do need a hand, I’ll ask. If somebody offers to help, I’ll accept it… Long gone are the days when I’d struggle on alone, as if I had something to prove. I’ve been in this job for a very long time. I have done all sorts of work with all sorts of trailers and trucks and freight. In fact one of the very few things I haven’t done is containers. …I spent some years on Euro work, I stripped a tilt out in Switzerland in -25 degrees one winter, all by myself… I assume you’re old enough to know what a tilt trailer is?..

So if your mates workmate is treated differently to other drivers, there may be a very good reason for it, she may have a medical issue which requires light work… I know when I returned to work after a long period off with a broken neck, yes you did read that right, I was given light duties for a while… Sadly my first light duty was a load of shower screens and cubicles on stillages which had to be hand trucked to the back of the trailer. 750kg each.but hey ho, I did it.

I could go on, but I aint going to waste my time on a bloke who has a serious attitude problem…

My advice to you would be Wind yer neck in and get a life :smiley:

I don’t see what the problem is…There’s nothing wrong with a girl who’s HGV positive (especially that nice blond girl who drives for Cockerill from York :blush: ).

switchlogic:
And that’s not much of an insult since I am indeed gay.

switchlogic:
Oh and ladies of ill repute are a bit wasted on me I’m afraid…

Are you rely gay?

Batista230:

switchlogic:
And that’s not much of an insult since I am indeed gay.

switchlogic:
Oh and ladies of ill repute are a bit wasted on me I’m afraid…

Are you rely gay?

Errr…yes!

Kate:
Oh dear, where to start… :unamused:

First off, your mates so called joke…Why should a woman, whatever her job is be expected to put up with ■■■■■■ harassment by some nuckle dragger ■■? Now it doesn’t matter what ■■■ a person is, they have a right to work in a safe environment, and that includes safe from ■■■■■■■■ frustrated loud mouthed idiots. I hope I meet him one day… :wink:

So when can i come and play with you ■■■■■