Windmills wings transports

I saw plenty of these running on German motorway. Funny thing is that they are made in Poland and therefore you can spot some of them driving through my city…

It can be funny to drive one of these in the town…

How can those useless things possibly show a profit .Another way of enriching the landowning class.

alamcculloch:
How can those useless things possibly show a profit .Another way of enriching the landowning class.

I bet Lensveld Transport are making a profit carrying and installing them :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks like an imbiss on the A4 coming from Gorlitz Orys

A mate of mine from “The other Truck Site” works for a mob out of Yarmouth and he’s done a fair few of them(somwhere in Germany to Poland)… Spent 5 weeks doing them, running only at night, along with 2 Danish Drivers/Trucks.

My point is when all the costs are finally tallied up how much do they actually cost.
I was on tippers during the summer taking road building materials to a site in Perthshire 10 motors were involved doing 3 runs per day.Its big bucks no matter how we look at it.Yet another tab for the taxpayers methinks.

I’d like to see the size of the helicopter they’re going on :open_mouth:

Im not sure how much money they make but if you see how many they are building in Belgium and France, they have got to pay for themselves.

I know someone who has an electricity pylon leg in his garden and he gets about a pound per week for it.

Wheel Nut:
That looks like an imbiss on the A4 coming from Gorlitz Orys

That’s somewhere near to Opole, my friend did that pic.

Wheel Nut:
Im not sure how much money they make but if you see how many they are building in Belgium and France, they have got to pay for themselves.

I know someone who has an electricity pylon leg in his garden and he gets about a pound per week for it.

Yeah, but the bottom line is en plus only due to EC dotations. It’s not worth that, as you still have to have coal plants ready in case that wind will stop…

There is only few places in Europe when the windmills can gain some profit - in Holland, in Germany and in Outer Hebrides for example.

The small windmill to power a wee farm is a different thing but you still have to wait about 20 years to get your money back…

orys:

Wheel Nut:

Yeah, but the bottom line is en plus only due to EC dotations. It’s not worth that, as you still have to have coal plants ready in case that wind will stop…

There is only few places in Europe when the windmills can gain some profit - in Holland, in Germany and in Outer Hebrides for example.

The small windmill to power a wee farm is a different thing but you still have to wait about 20 years to get your money back…

Only drawback is they wear out in 5 years.

alamcculloch:
Only drawback is they wear out in 5 years.

Yeah, I meant whole investition = buy + maitentance + exchange worn parts…

Landowners get in the region of 10 to 20 grand a year rent from 1 tower

The photo shows 1 blade ,there are 3 on most towers ,There is sometimes bridg
e strengthening and road realigning to get those super size trucks on-site Then a sub station and pylons have to be erected to take the power to the grid.The existing power stations cant be mothballed as you will always need them for periods of calm conditions.The majority of the population live near the coast but we do not try to harness tidal movements even though tides can be predicted and are constant

Personally, I think these windmills are vile and we need to build loads of nuclear power stations.

alamcculloch:
The photo shows 1 blade ,there are 3 on most towers ,There is sometimes bridg
e strengthening and road realigning to get those super size trucks on-site Then a sub station and pylons have to be erected to take the power to the grid.The existing power stations cant be mothballed as you will always need them for periods of calm conditions.The majority of the population live near the coast but we do not try to harness tidal movements even though tides can be predicted and are constant

there is or was a project in strangford lough here in northern ireland and i think thats what they were doing.cant remember the details but it is a world first and could be worth a fortune.seem to remember special ships leaving belfast shipyard with the equipment and sailing down to strangford.i think they got the underwater turbine?running but then had some technical problems.strangford lough was chosen because of extra strong currents i think.

Harry Monk:
Personally, I think these windmills are vile and we need to build loads of nuclear power stations.

That’s my point of view as well. Except some small windmills for remote farms or mountain hostels.

i remember when i tookt he ferry to amsterdam last year just outside holland there was a windfarm in the ocean, you could clearly see it, and it was mighty close to the shipping lanes.

if i wasnt doing the job im in now, i think thats the kinda thing id go in for.

The assorted debates surrounding the various ways of generating electricity have been going on for many years and I am sure they will continue, from my back garden I have a distant view of the biggest wind farm in the South of England on Romney Marsh where there are 26 towers with 3 of those blades on each.
http://www.natwindpower.co.uk/littlecheynecourt/index.asp

And also in view from my back garden is the biggest nuclear power station in the South East at Dungeness, I know which I prefer as a safe neighbour and its not Dungeness! (Remember Chenobyl) Dungeness A is closed now but will never be removed, it will be enclosed in concrete but there will always be a risk of leakage whatever they do to it.

Martin:
(Remember Chenobyl)

Fear of Chernobyl-style disaster is only caused by lack of knowledge!

Altough there is still some risk with nuclear plants, Chernobyl situation is not possible in modern nuclear plant, as they are using water as a catalysator, not coal. I won’t explain it further, as I don’t think that my English is good enaugh, but in Chernobyl coal stick were blocked and they lost control over reactor, so it overheated and then we all know what happened. Nowadays in similar situation the water will evaporate and reaction will stop itself due to lack of catalysator. Off course after some time, things will cool down and water will sprinkle again and reaction will start again, but again, after some maximum point it will slow down due to lack of water. Such kind of natural reactor is in some cave full of Uranium Ore in Gambia, where the stream is going throughtout it, it works safe for about 20 000 years… :slight_smile:

Off course it’s not a common knowledge, so I am not trying to tell that you all should know that (i have this knowledge from my university studies in Physics) but it’s worth to know! :slight_smile: