Windmills wings transports

Harry Monk:
Personally, I think these windmills are vile and we need to build loads of nuclear power stations.

As Orys has so eloquently stated above. That was chernobyl

France have many of thse nuclear stations, most of them are built out of sight and running silently.

It will probably take 15 years to build one, and we are still arguing in Britain if we need an alternative supply of power :confused:

ive seen some of the roads they have tot ransport these things up aswell, theres a site just outside doune, near stirling used to visit it mayby 2 or 3 times a week with parts etc, and the entrance was this tight lil reoad that you had a house in the middle of it, not to mention it was on a hill and one day i went there and the esp ont he sprinter van was going nuts when i tried to get up this hill.

after a few hundred yards of tarmac it was a good 3 or 4 miles on bumpy gravel roads, in the rain these were a nightmare

so how a truck got up this road i will never know.

Harry Monk:
Personally, I think these windmills are vile and we need to build loads of nuclear power stations.

I thought that was (roughly) Gordon Brown’s view as well? although living near to a nuclear power station is probably even more likely to incite the nimbys than having one of those turbines built nearby.

sure i saw some of them in a yard the other week, was it GOOLE , nr the docks, just cant remember exactly, but the dero looked the same

ady1:
sure i saw some of them in a yard the other week, was it GOOLE , nr the docks, just cant remember exactly, but the dero looked the same

Yep some in Goole and there was some on Hull docks to.

I`ve hauled some blades years ago but only baby ones! 15meters on 12meters flat racks. Good fun to put marker boards on! 1st ones i did went to Amlwch on Anglesey, pain to get into the site always get stuck :imp:
Afew months later we was taking them to Llangurig swap trailers at a lay-by. Alot better!