Will we still get overspeed infringements now we can do over

Just a thought!!! we get infringement reports each week & occasionally I’ve had them for overspeed but as they’ve been on motorway journeys could I now protest against this

Overspeed infringements can only be an internal company thing because there is no sanction for them re the DVSA

We’ve legaly always been allowed to do 60mph. Over speed is for exceeding your speed limiter

jonboy80:
Just a thought!!! we get infringement reports each week & occasionally I’ve had them for overspeed but as they’ve been on motorway journeys could I now protest against this

Why now? Nothing has changed that could make a difference.

We dont get them as coastin is encouraged for fuel saving albeit within the legal speed limits, not the set speed the vehicle can accelerate to under its own steam.

Well by ‘encouraged’ I just mean ive never been pulled off into the ■■■■■■ office and given a smacked bottom… (the double entendre meaning may not be true).

jonboy80:

The motorway speed limit has always been 60 mph for lorrys

jonboy80:

The overspeed warning or error is just something built into the tachograph by law. Because the speed limit here on motorways is 60mph, it doesn’t mean you’ve broken the law. (The truck I usually drive on a Monday is badly calibrated and thinks it’s doing 56 when it’s doing 53, so when I’m going downhill and actually make it up to 56mph, I get the overspeed warning! I’ve reported it time and again but it’s not been fixed yet.)

If you are pulled over by dvsa and your tacho shows an overspeed in the previous 24hr period, then you can be done for speeding retrospectively. 60mph may be the official speed limit, but if you are limited that becomes your new speed limit. Whatever speed you are limited to is based upon what your vehicle is believed to be safely capable of doing, dependant on the weight and bodytype, be it tipper, flatbed, whether it has cranes, tanker, etc, etc.

thunderhead:
If you are pulled over by dvsa and your tacho shows an overspeed in the previous 24hr period, then you can be done for speeding retrospectively. 60mph may be the official speed limit, but if you are limited that becomes your new speed limit. Whatever speed you are limited to is based upon what your vehicle is believed to be safely capable of doing, dependant on the weight and bodytype, be it tipper, flatbed, whether it has cranes, tanker, etc, etc.

I’m going to call ■■■■■■■■ on that one son :laughing:

F-reds:

thunderhead:

I’m more worried about the calibre of drivers even more now F-reds so I’ll stand just to you right and +1 on your answer :wink:

Get ready to be put in your place nick, he could be an “expert”…

:laughing:

F-reds:

thunderhead:

I’d second that!

F-reds:
Get ready to be put in your place nick, he could be an “expert”…

:laughing:

What an RDC one :unamused: think i’ll have a brain ■■■■ first :grimacing:

F-reds:

thunderhead:

LOL…+20,000,000

thunderhead:

This just made my day, for utter rubbish. More RDC talk or please provide a source link

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Traffic rat, a wee question for you while you’re on. On a different thread regarding using ferry mode on a ferry with no bunks someone asked, if you took a fold up bed with you would that cover the driver using ferry mode while interrupting his daily rest. Whats your thoughts on it?

F-reds:

thunderhead:

■■■■■■■■ or not, that’s more or less what I was told on my CPC training. :unamused:

New driver don’t stand a chance. :imp:

thunderhead:

Have you ever actually been pulled over by VOSA/DVSA? :laughing:

Secretelephant:

thunderhead:

■■■■■■■■ or not, that’s more or less what I was told on my CPC training. :unamused:

New driver don’t stand a chance. :imp:

Fine, but if you don’t either challenge it in the class, or leave a comment on their feedback sheet, it will never change.