Will we still get overspeed infringements now we can do over

thunderhead:
If you are pulled over by dvsa and your tacho shows an overspeed in the previous 24hr period, then you can be done for speeding retrospectively. 60mph may be the official speed limit, but if you are limited that becomes your new speed limit. Whatever speed you are limited to is based upon what your vehicle is believed to be safely capable of doing, dependant on the weight and bodytype, be it tipper, flatbed, whether it has cranes, tanker, etc, etc.

Total ■■■■■■■■. You are just spouting RDC BS (2001) Regulations which are not and never have been based on truth. The fact these regulations are often cited during DCPC training does not make them correct.

The speed limit for your vehicle is that laid down in the Road Traffic Act. The speed limiter regulations lay down the maximum speed your vehicle must not be able to be POWERED beyond. The fact you can, due to momentum, exceed that limit but not power past it does not mean you commit an offence.

DVSA/VOSA are not interested in overspeeds unless they go on for several minutes, which would indicate a defective speed limiter or one that has been tampered with. If that was the case you would not be nicked for speeding under the Road Traffuc Act but you would be done under the construction and use rules.

F-reds:
Get ready to be put in your place nick, he could be an “expert”…

:laughing:

He’s expert at talking ■■■■■■■■. Does that count? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

F-reds:

Secretelephant:

thunderhead:
If you are pulled over by dvsa and your tacho shows an overspeed in the previous 24hr period, then you can be done for speeding retrospectively. 60mph may be the official speed limit, but if you are limited that becomes your new speed limit. Whatever speed you are limited to is based upon what your vehicle is believed to be safely capable of doing, dependant on the weight and bodytype, be it tipper, flatbed, whether it has cranes, tanker, etc, etc.

■■■■■■■■ or not, that’s more or less what I was told on my CPC training. :unamused:

New driver don’t stand a chance. :imp:

Fine, but if you don’t either challenge it in the class, or leave a comment on their feedback sheet, it will never change.

I can challenge it all I like, but as the “lecturer” will be adamant that he is right, and in the absence of some sort of cast iron can’t be argued with legal document, it would be a waste of time.
It is the same with the old favourite of drive a tractor unit of an artic without a trailer with a class2 licence.
As a new driver you can be told umpteen differing responses from so called experts of can you or not ?
It just leaves you with the feeling of you shinny very expensive new HGV licence being very vaunrable
As a member of truck net I’m happy to say yes I could, but I know my gaffer is certain I can’t. He’s told me he was told this by the dvla.
No skin of my nose, but you see my point ? This whole industry is full of experts who believe /quote incorrect information.
Now back to a newbie driver, coasting down a hill on the mway@ 60mph. The dashboard flashes overspeed warnings, and his DCPC instructor has told him he is speeding .Does he hit the brakes to get it down to 56 or less or thinks “I’ll be ok because I read on trucknet 60 is legal” My bet he will slow down.
I’ll bet in ten years time we will have drivers on here still insisting 40mph is the max you can go on a single carrageway…

Secretelephant:

F-reds:

Secretelephant:

thunderhead:

■■■■■■■■ or not, that’s more or less what I was told on my CPC training. :unamused:

New driver don’t stand a chance. :imp:

Fine, but if you don’t either challenge it in the class, or leave a comment on their feedback sheet, it will never change.

I can challenge it all I like, but as the “lecturer” will be adamant that he is right, and in the absence of some sort of cast iron can’t be argued with legal document, it would be a waste of time.
It is the same with the old favourite of drive a tractor unit of an artic without a trailer with a class2 licence.
As a new driver you can be told umpteen differing responses from so called experts of can you or not ?
It just leaves you with the feeling of you shinny very expensive new HGV licence being very vaunrable
As a member of truck net I’m happy to say yes I could, but I know my gaffer is certain I can’t. He’s told me he was told this by the dvla.
No skin of my nose, but you see my point ? This whole industry is full of experts who believe /quote incorrect information.
Now back to a newbie driver, coasting down a hill on the mway@ 60mph. The dashboard flashes overspeed warnings, and his DCPC instructor has told him he is speeding .Does he hit the brakes to get it down to 56 or less or thinks “I’ll be ok because I read on trucknet 60 is legal” My bet he will slow down.
I’ll bet in ten years time we will have drivers on here still insisting 40mph is the max you can go on a single carrageway…

no such thing as a class 2 anymore

peter s:
Traffic rat, a wee question for you while you’re on. On a different thread regarding using ferry mode on a ferry with no bunks someone asked, if you took a fold up bed with you would that cover the driver using ferry mode while interrupting his daily rest. Whats your thoughts on it?

what ferry is going to let you throw up a camping bed and go for a kip ffs…even p&o stopped truckies from taking up a pillow into the lounge when they caught you kipping in the car deck on the early morn boats because they had to fumigate the highlander due to someone infesting it with fleas,and several drivers got bit.so if you cant take a pillow,then i cant see the likelyhood of slinging up a bed■■?.has anyone ever seen someone with a camp bed in their sleeper cab for occasions such as this?? :unamused: