Will i get banned?

Hi all a few weeks ago i got flashed on the A9 heading south between inverness and perth on a single carriage way (40mph) at 60 mph. After saying yes it was me i recieved a letter this week saying words to the effect of , we deem this excessive speed to high to be dealt with by way of a fixed penalty so we are refering it to the courts ! Now i am 22 already got three points for jumping a red so will they ban me or six points etc ■■? Oh and please no do gooders saying i should not be speeding i know that but we have ALL done it . Thanks rich.

56mph in a 40 single carriageway i got 3 points… Are they not making the a9 a temporary 50mph as a test? maybe you could argue that? Maybe because you was going over 60 they may think your running illegally and the traffic commisionar might want to go snooping through your tacho’s? or just tell you off in his stupid bloody room he has grrrrrrrrrrr. Search on the net for speeding fines points etc there is allot of info on there.

Any thing 60 plus is in the courts, should be 6 max points and a big fine, and a shameful lecture off the judge.
I am sure truckerjimbo will be along soon to have a rant at you, its all he seems to do, i dont think he has even driven a truck since passing his test, so hasnt had a taste of the reall world, lol.
PS stick to 42 for 3 years after that you cant be bothered to speed.

Danny27404:
56mph in a 40 single carriageway i got 3 points… Are they not making the a9 a temporary 50mph as a test? maybe you could argue that?

Think they were wanting to up the speed limit to 50mph on the A9, well some Scottish MP’s were butspeed limits are a matter for Westminster and the UK government who won’t.

No i was not running illegal i was fully loaded and going down a little hill which tipped me over the edge . Can i not just send a letter and not attend because i am not going to argue anything ? I was speeding i should not have been guilty as charged .

1. 12% or more will land you in trouble with 6 points and fines up to £1000
  2. like another poster said do some research on the road
  3. attend court if you don’t it will get worse for you trust me

Other then that yes i have also been done for speeding 52 in a 40 £60 and 3 points so we aren’t all angels

Off topic slightly…

when on the A90 I can legally do 60 as I drive a coach. When ever I pass a truck just at a speed camera they always crap it thinking I’m going to make it flash lol. Just see them sloooow right down to 50 :laughing:

The thing that is worrying me is that i was 50% over the speed limit . In a car that is 105mph on a motorway . I would prefer a 28 day ban and a big fine than points .

46 in a 30 3 points 4 years ago

Can i not just send a letter

I’m really sorry to hear what has happened. Most of us have, at some time, got it all wrong and would have got “done” if the cameras had been on us. But we got away with it - most of the time.

Anyhow, IMO, you really should go to court. Why? If you don’t, you’ll be perceived as being a young, irresponsible, tearaway and I want to believe that’s not true. If you go, although you can’t reasonably argue the facts of the case, you will be seen to be taking the situation seriously. You can present yourself as a respectable young man (maybe with family responsibilities etc etc) trying to earn a living in a tough world blah blah.

In short, you can either leave the magistrates with their mental picture which will probably be negative or make the effort to make a good impression - - and even be shown to “throw yourself” on their mercy if needs be. Don’t be proud. I’m sure there will be people who say I’m wrong because impressions shouldn’t count etc etc. I agree - - but, sadly, impressions DO count.

Go to court, turn up smart, behave yourself and be very very sorry. I wish you all the best with the penalty.

PS Go steady out there! :laughing:

in a car you get banned for twice the speed limit, in a truck you get banned for 50%.
but only fools plead guilty.
i’ve got off with 3 speedings, and found guilty for 1. now that’s preaty good odds. so never plead guilty to [zb] all.
don’t let the ■■■■■■■■ grind you down.

s2rich:
I would prefer a 28 day ban and a big fine than points .

So do many people so the courts are reluctant to do this :smiley:

Thanks very much after that i think i will go . What you say makes sense . If it is in perth that will be a 6 hour drive . I cant drive just incase they ban me and then me and my car will be stranded .

limeyphil:
in a car you get banned for twice the speed limit, in a truck you get banned for 50%.
i’ve got off with 3 speedings, and found guilty for 1. now that’s preaty good odds. so never plead guilty to [zb] all.
don’t let the [zb] grind you down.

What excuse is there though . I knew the speed i should have been doing and i knew the speed i was doing. Seems pretty straight forward to me ■■

In that area they don’t do you on the class of road,it’s done by area’s,1 of our lad’s got done at 53mph on a dual carriageway,so he was within the 10% bracket and he got 3point’s and a fine,i’m sure he’ll tell you when he read’s it as he’s a member on here.I got 6points and £120 in 1 week on the A68 and by the same bloody camera last september.53mph in a 40,and 51mph in a 40.go 2 court m8.

s2rich:
Thanks very much after that i think i will go . What you say makes sense . If it is in perth that will be a 6 hour drive . I cant drive just incase they ban me and then me and my car will be stranded .

You can leave your car with me. :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

s2rich:

limeyphil:

What excuse is there though . I knew the speed i should have been doing and i knew the speed i was doing. Seems pretty straight forward to me ■■

you wasn’t there.
the speed camera wasn’t caliberated.
the lines were not at the correct distance.
the repeaters were not at the right distance.
you were on an important life or death matter.
nobody loves me,
everybody hates me.
the list is endless.

s2rich:

limeyphil:

Did you ask for a copy of the calibration certificate, it may not have been done for a while, so deemed to be inacurate, oh and photo evidence?

Not yet no . It has not got that far yet i am waiting now for courts to contact me . If i go down the road of calibration certificates etc and i find everythin is 100% wont that just p155 them off and make my ban , points , fine even greater ?

ajdavis64:

s2rich:

limeyphil:

Did you ask for a copy of the calibration certificate, it may not have been done for a while, so deemed to be inacurate, oh and photo evidence?

Oh and the photo evidence should be asked for as long as possible after the offence, they have a habit of overwriting photos after about 3 months, no photo no evidence, or it used to be may have changed.