why why why

hello lads its time for a moan can anyone tell me why. :imp: when you go to over take a car doing 48mph on a motorway and you get along side him/her they speed up why why why do they do this it happend to me and he undertook me again a gave repeat gave the v sign i did not do anything wrong some people agrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :imp: :imp: :imp:

because most of those “drivers” got license from carboot, they are doing 78mpg with kia or other [zb] car, and they …

I had a car in front of me this morning doing 45ish in the middle lane of the M25 and no matter how much i flashed, she wasn’t moving over :angry:

its my pet hate tha when the car speeds up as ya along side it !!

i jus pull in behind an flash my light coz it winds me up !!! :imp:

C-Kay:
I had a car in front of me this morning doing 45ish in the middle lane of the M25 and no matter how much i flashed, she wasn’t moving over :angry:

Run down the N/S side then, I never hesitate these days, these people are just idiots and they will never move over.
So what do you do ? You have to break a traffic law to get rid of them.

Don’t flame me but… Yesterday I was boming along the M8 at 62mph in the coach in Lane two. Two prats in lane one doing something pathetic like 50 and the one behind pulls out no indicator no nothing when I was about say 60 feet from HER bumber. Quick glance in the O/S mirror showed lane 3 to be empty so I thought sod it I’ll be past her in a second anyway so out I go. What did the daft cow do? Match my speed! So there I am breaking the law because this daft bint is too stupid to realise that the flashing amber light on the side of the coach means I would like to move over. Eventually I did manage to get back to lane two then one once I got past her and thankfully the Fiesta behind me wasn’t a traffic cop :sunglasses:

Seriously… when you are in a car and you see a coach about to fly past you… why would you just pull out to pass a car and not give any indication at all? It’s beggers belief

carpboy:
hello lads its time for a moan can anyone tell me why. :imp: when you go to over take a car doing 48mph on a motorway and you get along side him/her they speed up

More often than not they have gradually lost concentration on the task of driving and slowed down (some increase speed for same reason) and are ‘woken up’ when a big truck gets close - they then realise that they have slowed and increase back to the speed they were doing earlier before they lost concentration.

third lane on the M8? Ive done it three times this week with a coach… It has to be done sometimes especialy when they pull out and leave you no option but using the third lane or running up there arses!

paul@midway:

C-Kay:

Run down the N/S side then, I never hesitate these days, these people are just idiots and they will never move over.

That’s what i did in the end, gave her a dirty look, but she seemed totally oblivious to what she was doing. She was one of those OAP’s with the seat right up against the steering wheel, back totally straight and hands at 10 to 2 on the steering wheel.

Silly Bint!

What ROG said is right but also most of them think we all do 70mph. My daughter was driving three friends in her car on the M5 and they wouldn’t beleive that the trucks were all doing around 55. She had to slow down behind one in lane 2 to prove the point.

left hand indicator and truck tyres beating a rythmn on the cats eyes usually make them speed up or hit the brakes.selfish gits

paul@midway:

C-Kay:

you arent breaking the law by doing that any more than you would be when you pass a gritter who needs to be in the middle lane. it is only undertaking if you move into the left, pass them and then move back out again. there is no law against passing them on the inside although THEY are breaking the law by causing an obstruction :wink:

i agree with Rog. motorways are the safest roads but the downside is that mile after mile of nothing can induce a trance-like state and the rumbling of a passing truck can wake them out of it. unfortunately they tend to wake up and then do exactly the wrong thing. speeding up instead of allowing you to pass then pulling out to overtake you :unamused:
i hate them too, especially the ones to carry on doing it. speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down. FFS! :imp:

scanny77:
you arent breaking the law by doing that any more than you would be when you pass a gritter who needs to be in the middle lane. it is only undertaking if you move into the left, pass them and then move back out again. there is no law against passing them on the inside although THEY are breaking the law by causing an obstruction :wink:

wow i didnt know this was the case, nice to know just incase the need arrises :laughing:

it just happens to be something i have asked a copper in the past because i wasnt sure what we were meant to do with middle lane hoggers as we are not allowed in the outside lane to overtake them. who better to ask than a traffic cop? :wink:

I dont think that is the case and would be considered undertaking.

The laws where changed, but think your only allowed to undertake when there is really heavy traffic and the speeds of traffic in the different lanes is constantly changing so would find yourself undertaking someone.

If say your on the M6 and the roads pretty empty and you came along someone doing say 50mph in lane 2 and your went past them at 56mph in lane 1 i am sure it would be considered undertaking and you would get done for it, prob in reality the police more likely to deal with the person hogging the middle lane.

I think it would be seen as dangerous or careless because the person hogging the middle lane is also prob the kinda person not to bother with mirrors either and good chance could drive into the side of you when you go to undertake them.

Tappy:

scanny77:

wow i didnt know this was the case, nice to know just incase the need arrises :laughing:

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

On a free flowing motorway or any other multi laned road that is not seperately lane marked it is illegal to pass on the nearside - that is undertaking.
Passing gritting trucks on the n/s is OK for vehicles that cannot pass on the o/s - the gritter in the middle lane syndrome.

If the middle lane hogger is determined to stay there for mile after mile at say 50 mph then it would be deemed reasonable to pass on the n/s but the truck or whatever doing so would be expected to make it clear to the hogger that it was doing so - hooter, flashing lights etc.

ROG:
On a free flowing motorway or any other multi laned road that is not seperately lane marked it is illegal to pass on the nearside - that is undertaking.
Passing gritting trucks on the n/s is OK for vehicles that cannot pass on the o/s - the gritter in the middle lane syndrome.

If the middle lane hogger is determined to stay there for mile after mile at say 50 mph then it would be deemed reasonable to pass on the n/s but the truck or whatever doing so would be expected to make it clear to the hogger that it was doing so - hooter, flashing lights etc.

I prefer the inch off the back bumper approach…oops, did I say that out loud? :laughing:

If I am in the correct lane doing the correct speed then another person’s bad driving and lane discipline is of no consequence to me. In fact I only consider them at all as a potential hazard as I pass them in lane one.

tofer:
If I am in the correct lane doing the correct speed then another person’s bad driving and lane discipline is of no consequence to me. In fact I only consider them at all as a potential hazard as I pass them in lane one.

Plus at the end of the day if they move lane and hit you then it was them that moved into your lane, regardles of what lane you were in and what you were doing. Your statement to if need be the police saying that they were plodding in middle lane at 50 will be all they need to make their mind up that you were doing nothing wrong