Why not many Asian and African drivers?

Happydaze:
They’re all driving for Addison Lee :laughing:

Ya he pays all the fines from driving in bus lanes etc apparently… :open_mouth:

Pat Hasler:
There’s more than enough of them over here, not that race has anything to do with it but most comehere from the African continent and sign up with some crap company to train and drive, they can’t speak English, they can’t reverse so how the hell they pass the test I don’t know ?
It’s mostly Africans and eastern block immigrants but there are countless. Oart of my job now includes interviewing drivers for our terminal and out of the last five one of them was Nigerian, two were Hatian and two Dominican, the Nigerian and Dominican got jobs basically because they seemed to want to work and they could also speak English.

It is not by choice Pat, most of them were chained up and forced into the bottom of wooden boats and taken to America by stealth. Many drowned on the way, others were forced into hard labour or prostitution. Sold like grain or seed. They didn’t choose to be there, but if they can make President, there is hope for them yet eh?

Wheel Nut:

Pat Hasler:
There’s more than enough of them over here, not that race has anything to do with it but most comehere from the African continent and sign up with some crap company to train and drive, they can’t speak English, they can’t reverse so how the hell they pass the test I don’t know ?
It’s mostly Africans and eastern block immigrants but there are countless. Oart of my job now includes interviewing drivers for our terminal and out of the last five one of them was Nigerian, two were Hatian and two Dominican, the Nigerian and Dominican got jobs basically because they seemed to want to work and they could also speak English.

It is not by choice Pat, most of them were chained up and forced into the bottom of wooden boats and taken to America by stealth. Many drowned on the way, others were forced into hard labour or prostitution. Sold like grain or seed. They didn’t choose to be there, but if they can make President, there is hope for them yet eh?

Fluke! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

pavaroti:

Wheel Nut:

Pat Hasler:

Fluke! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So was getting two lunatics called Bush. Touche!

Wheel Nut:

I imagine most of those ones have learned to speak English by now…

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

I imagine most of those ones have learned to speak English by now…

& are on bail, on parole or in jail. :grimacing:

People often consider slavery to be a sin committed by white people against black people, but for every willing buyer there was a willing seller…

Ahh so this is the racist thread then. :unamused:

schrodingers cat:

Well more so than thinking the Irish are a different race to the French or Polish :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

schrodingers cat:

Well more so than thinking the Irish are a different race to the French or Polish :laughing:

They are all white so…

Wheel Nut:

schrodingers cat:

They are all white so…

schrodingers cat:

Which post do you consider to be “racist”?

Harry Monk:
People often consider slavery to be a sin committed by white people against black people, but for every willing buyer there was a willing seller…

Uneducated people might consider that to be the case. However refering specifically to the African American (West Indies) slave trade it was brought about almost exclusivley by our ruling classes, royalty and elite.
Anyway, why not many Asian and African drivers? I reckon we all follow our own peers and do like wise to people similar to us. Just like a lot of gay guys are hairdressers or dancers. We all have our own niche and go where we are comfortable. Most of us anyway :laughing:

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:

Uneducated people might consider that to be the case. However refering specifically to the African American (West Indies) slave trade it was brought about almost exclusivley by our ruling classes, royalty and elite.

What colour was the skin of those who gathered up and sold those slaves?

Pat Hasler:

can i ask how thay get work visas or green cards to work over there as its almost impossible for british to go there to work ? cheers

i don’t know the answer to the original question, but judging by the the asian guy that regally stitched me up thursday night on the a12, i’d have to assume that its as alot of them have no idea on how to drive.
so to the knob concerned in the roadways volvo, i have your reg, and won’t forget your face. shame you didn’t have the balls to pull in the services at colchester for a chat, but no doubt, i’ll see you sooner or later!!!

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:

What colour was the skin of those who gathered up and sold those slaves?

Black as far as i know.

I don’t think it was much fun being Scottish and indentured labour/slave in the central belts coal fields before WW1. :frowning:

pavaroti:
I don’t think it was much fun being Scottish and indentured labour/slave in the central belts coal fields before WW1. :frowning:

Nor farmed off to New Zealand, Canada and NI, but there still loads of them driving trucks :laughing: :laughing: !!!

chester1:
can i ask how thay get work visas or green cards to work over there as its almost impossible for british to go there to work ? cheers

I’d like to know that too. I’ve now been in Canada for three years, which was a pain in the arse to get in to in its own way but it never ceases to amaze me while driving around America the sheer number of foreign drivers on US trucks from eastern Europe or Africa etc. As a British citizen I could never get a work permit to be a trucker in the US yet there seems to be an open floodgate for those guys. Having said that, 3 years driving around America has actually made me feel very fortunate that the country is closed to most British would be immigrants. Its a dirty, seedy and crime ridden place and most parts of pretty much every major and even medium sized town/city just resemble the third world shanty towns where the residents hail from. God bless Mexico…I mean America!