Why Do People Hate Trucknet?

“Hates” a bit strong is’nt it?

Plenty gets said on here thats utter bollox but just move along onto the next thread.

Some fantastic old pictures on here absolutely terrific in fact, theres been some great threads too.

I tend to only look at two of the forums maybe three & I’ve picked up plenty of info over the years, I’ve also cringed at some of the childish antics that have been spouted on here.

Theres many on here I would’nt trust to go & get Me a packet of ■■■■ in all honesty, but theres plenty who have given Me pointers when I’ve needed them & a few who’ve suprised Me at there depth of knowledge of road transport, think of Bewick not a lot He does’nt know from way back when & its there in colour to be seen by all, think of Carryfast strangest of posters but not uneducated about transport maybe just misguided at times. Rob K is detested by many but I agree with plenty of what He says, The Colonel was lambasted on here, I knew John personally years ago & have utter respect for Him & what He did years ago, I worked on the same job as Sinbin too who see’s things a tad differently at times, not a bad bloke though. The Crow & there Tony are posting on here too now, a proper pair of road haulage lifers them two.

I’ve been at this job 30 years as a second man to start with & an OD for 25 years & now I’m back as an employed one again & I’ve met plenty of fools up & down the road, I’ve also met some great lads/lasses too, same goes for this internet thing imho. Its all about sifting through the ■■■■■ really.

I’m rambling, “hate” Trucknet, “No” does some of it ■■■■ Me off at times, kin right it does…

OllieNotts:
Not as bad as it used to be. Every thread was shot down in flames or a know it all nob end who knew better would tell you why you’re wrong etc. I don’t post much anyway these days as I don’t drive a lorry any more but I still come back for a nose.
Funniest thing I ever read about was Jessicas dad getting a huge plate of glass fall on him and disabling him, talk about karma :smiley: made my day.

Bit harsh if I remember rightly he ended up in a bad way after that. Wouldn’t wish that kind of thing on people even if I had a disagreement with them on a proxy Internet forum.

kr79:

OllieNotts:
Not as bad as it used to be. Every thread was shot down in flames or a know it all nob end who knew better would tell you why you’re wrong etc. I don’t post much anyway these days as I don’t drive a lorry any more but I still come back for a nose.
Funniest thing I ever read about was Jessicas dad getting a huge plate of glass fall on him and disabling him, talk about karma :smiley: made my day.

Bit harsh if I remember rightly he ended up in a bad way after that. Wouldn’t wish that kind of thing on people even if I had a disagreement with them on a proxy Internet forum.

+1

madguy:
I like trucknet as a forum but i do think there are some nutters on here that spoil it, from what i have seen there is always some keyboard warrior that just wants to have a go or some complete ■■■■ heads that just want to stir things up for the hell of it.

I often think, stuff it i wont bother agian and leave it for a bit but then come back for a looksee.

But then there are some very genuine guys on here that pop up now and then.

Madguy :imp:

+1 :slight_smile:

We need to talk and stick together, no one, especially the government, give a toss about us.

As soon as you realise that the majority of truck drivers are in the main, special needs, it all kinda clicks into place.
That is a serious comment, from one who is qualified to make the comment.

Mike-C:

Chas:
Why are there so much bad vibes on here?

I like to think it’s a place where truck DRIVERS hang out,

Hmmm, me too. Unfortunatley we have a lot of van drivers, 7.5 tonne drivers and them small lorry drivers stick their oar in like they know what they’re talking about. Then add into the mix some people who have never actually driven a truck but want to,school kids, just plain [zb] and the driver who’s been doing it for 6 months but its in his blood and he knows it inside out and it does make for a rather ecclectic mix. Its fun !!

Chas:
not where the boss’s & their twisted & warped chattels come to try & influence us.

I’ve only seen the one of them on here, Shuttlespanker i think it is !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Im working as van driver to pay for my C+E at the mo. I dont pretend to know what im talking about, completly the opposite in fact i come on here to ask advice etc and to read topics posted from other members. I understand once im out on the open road on my own the real learning begins, just looking forward to living the dream at the mo! :slight_smile:

Trucker-Lass22:

Mike-C:

Chas:

Hmmm, me too. Unfortunatley we have a lot of van drivers, 7.5 tonne drivers and them small lorry drivers stick their oar in like they know what they’re talking about. Then add into the mix some people who have never actually driven a truck but want to,school kids, just plain [zb] and the driver who’s been doing it for 6 months but its in his blood and he knows it inside out and it does make for a rather ecclectic mix. Its fun !!

Chas:
not where the boss’s & their twisted & warped chattels come to try & influence us.

I’ve only seen the one of them on here, Shuttlespanker i think it is !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Im working as van driver to pay for my C+E at the mo. I dont pretend to know what im talking about, completly the opposite in fact i come on here to ask advice etc and to read topics posted from other members. I understand once im out on the open road on my own the real learning begins, just looking forward to living the dream at the mo! :slight_smile:

+1
I also don’t pretend to know everything hence why i ask questions which get answered by people on this forum.

I am at the moment on agency waiting for a chance to either drive a 7.5t, or a rigid. At the moment i am in a van driving all over the country which i enjoy very much. I am learning on a daily basis and seeing parts of the country i never been to before. I cannot wait to get behind the wheel of a rigid and earn a living from doing it.

Like you did Mike_c we all having to start somewhere

Hmmm, me too. Unfortunatley we have a lot of van drivers, 7.5 tonne drivers and them small lorry drivers stick their oar in like they know what they’re talking about

Anyway, i thought a 7.5t was a truck, or did they change that, or maybe it’s a case of “I have a class 1 and your below me” talk. I might be wrong but that’s how i see it

mickyblue:

Trucker-Lass22:

Mike-C:

Chas:

Chas:

+1
I also don’t pretend to know everything hence why i ask questions which get answered by people on this forum.

I am at the moment on agency waiting for a chance to either drive a 7.5t, or a rigid. At the moment i am in a van driving all over the country which i enjoy very much. I am learning on a daily basis and seeing parts of the country i never been to before. I cannot wait to get behind the wheel of a rigid and earn a living from doing it.

Like you did Mike_c we all having to start somewhere

Hmmm, me too. Unfortunatley we have a lot of van drivers, 7.5 tonne drivers and them small lorry drivers stick their oar in like they know what they’re talking about

Anyway, i thought a 7.5t was a truck, or did they change that, or maybe it’s a case of “I have a class 1 and your below me” talk. I might be wrong but that’s how i see it

Hey guys!! Don’t beat on me 'cos i mentioned van drivers. There’s nothing wrong with them. Yep, we’ve all got to start somewhere. Just maybe some of them have a lot of nothing to say with no questions. For example, just guess a van driver,then look at his post count, then look at the content. I don’t need to say any more.
Don’t take my observations personal Mickeyblue, i’m not averse to driving vans myself, infact i enjoy it. If you feel class 1 drivers look down on people who havn’t got one it might be just because they havn’t got one !!!

att:
As soon as you realise that the majority of truck drivers are in the main, special needs, it all kinda clicks into place.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:
Hey guys!! Don’t beat on me 'cos i mentioned van drivers. There’s nothing wrong with them. Yep, we’ve all got to start somewhere. Just maybe some of them have a lot of nothing to say with no questions. For example, just guess a van driver,then look at his post count, then look at the content. I don’t need to say any more.
Don’t take my observations personal Mickeyblue, i’m not averse to driving vans myself, infact i enjoy it. If you feel class 1 drivers look down on people who havn’t got one it might be just because they havn’t got one !!!

Sorry, that’s how i read it. I always say action speaks louder then words if you catch my drift.

talking about vans. I am working with a gent who has class 1 and he is driving vans, work that one out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:

Mike-C:

Sorry, that’s how i read it. I always say action speaks louder then words if you catch my drift.

talking about vans. I am working with a gent who has class 1 and he is driving vans, work that one out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why not? I would if the money was right.
No tacho’s to worry about, fewer bridges, weight limits, nimby’s chasing you down the street with their pitch forks, limiters (although some are limited) etc etc…

I’m a van driver by choice. I have a large post count. I don’t ask a lot of questions because I know a lot the answers. Does this make me inferior Mike? A lot of people don’t like Trucknet because of bully boy tactics. OK its not so prevalent on here at the minute, and a lot of the bullies have taken a back seat.But this is still a forum for “Professional” drivers. I get paid to drive a van so I’m a professional too! Fact is, on my current rate who the hell needs to drive an artic, when van driving is paying me more than I ever earned when driving those!?

mickyblue:

No i don’t catch your drift.

mickyblue:

I do that myself, i’m not sure what there is to work out.

bigvern1:
I’m a van driver by choice. I have a large post count. I don’t ask a lot of questions because I know a lot the answers. Does this make me inferior Mike? A lot of people don’t like Trucknet because of bully boy tactics. OK its not so prevalent on here at the minute, and a lot of the bullies have taken a back seat.But this is still a forum for “Professional” drivers. I get paid to drive a van so I’m a professional too! Fact is, on my current rate who the hell needs to drive an artic, when van driving is paying me more than I ever earned when driving those!?

Like i said it makes for a eclectic mix. Like i said i’m not berating van drivers, it often amazes me just how much they know !! :laughing:

att:

oh yes !

Trucknets okay, there a fair few idiots, but you meet them in all walks of life so why not here, at least here they are easier to ignore, I think I’ve worked out who to ignore when I see their posts :smiley:
Some of the posters are just funny and that’s great always good to have a laugh, :smiley: and there are a lot of people on here who’ll give you really good advice or point you to the correct source of information and some have actually gone beyond Trucknet to help me, and their help and advice has been very much appreciated. :smiley:

I think it’s just a case of different views half the time. We all have different views but it don’t mean just because I disagree with someone that I’m going to hate them.

TN is a great site for help and advice, I even got my current job from here. But
some threads as stated just dribble on and on, like the Saville thread :laughing: so its best to just move on if you don’t like it

I for one am a complete ■■■■■■ you either love me or hate me, abit like Marmite I suppose

muckles:
Trucknets okay, there a fair few idiots, but you meet them in all walks of life so why not here, at least here they are easier to ignore, I think I’ve worked out who to ignore when I see their posts :smiley:
Some of the posters are just funny and that’s great always good to have a laugh, :smiley: and there are a lot of people on here who’ll give you really good advice or point you to the correct source of information and some have actually gone beyond Trucknet to help me, and their help and advice has been very much appreciated. :smiley:

What he said…

OllieNotts:
Not as bad as it used to be. Every thread was shot down in flames or a know it all nob end who knew better would tell you why you’re wrong etc.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: At the risk of appearing to you as a “know it all nobend” are you oblivious to the irony that an inane comment such as that is stated by somebody who apparently believes in Karma :neutral_face: I don’t know JD but it seems that his lack of response indicates that he is treating your comment with the contempt it deserves.