Whose fault

weeto:
So it’s gone from being forced onto the hard shoulder to you taking to it as a safe option!
The sensible option, with you knowing he was fully loaded and you empty and he had already passed your cab with his would have been to knock ya cruise control off and let him back in to lane 1, he did what he did well before the junction to keep it going for the long climb upto the lights on the roundabout at the top of the slip road, but he had some numpty wanting to match his speed holding him in lane 2.
It’s called driver etiquette, empty lets loaded go regardless! I’m not surprised he got ■■■■■■ off with you!

he didnt make it clear past me, it was only his cab length that make it past me by the 1/2 mile mark. but anyone worthy of a C+E license wouldnt leave it so late to decide to indicate from lane 2 and exit, especially as he was loosing speed due to his weight going up the incline up to J17, by that point you couldnt fit a car safely into the gap between myself & the truck in front, instead when he slowed he just eased it over forcing me to take action to avoid contact, as for driver etiquette I didnt try to block his exit I just maintained my position in the line of nose to tail trucks going up hill in lane 1, some of which in front where inevitably slowing due to the hill, so slowing down would probably have annoyed several trucks behind me, yet I still don`t think by the point he indicated it was safe & sensible for him to do so. The result of his action had me running down the hard shoulder, and several trucks behind me slowing or having to switch lanes

peirre:

weeto:
So it’s gone from being forced onto the hard shoulder to you taking to it as a safe option!
The sensible option, with you knowing he was fully loaded and you empty and he had already passed your cab with his would have been to knock ya cruise control off and let him back in to lane 1, he did what he did well before the junction to keep it going for the long climb upto the lights on the roundabout at the top of the slip road, but he had some numpty wanting to match his speed holding him in lane 2.
It’s called driver etiquette, empty lets loaded go regardless! I’m not surprised he got ■■■■■■ off with you!

he didnt make it clear past me, it was only his cab length that make it past me by the 1/2 mile mark. but anyone worthy of a C+E license wouldnt leave it so late to decide to indicate from lane 2 and exit, especially as he was loosing speed due to his weight going up the incline up to J17, by that point you couldnt fit a car safely into the gap between myself & the truck in front, instead when he slowed he just eased it over forcing me to take action to avoid contact, as for driver etiquette I didnt try to block his exit I just maintained my position in the line of nose to tail trucks going up hill in lane 1, some of which in front where inevitably slowing due to the hill, so slowing down would probably have annoyed several trucks behind me, yet I still don`t think by the point he indicated it was safe & sensible for him to do so. The result of his action had me running down the hard shoulder, and several trucks behind me slowing or having to switch lanes

It was blatantly obvious what he was doing, plenty of drivers do the same thing, it’s called using gravity to help you up the other side and as you said you were going to be slowed by another truck in lane 1, so you could of easily backed off and let him in! Why would you worry about vehicles behind you, there not controlling the situation, you are.

had a similar incident on m60 a few years back.
going toward m61 artic tries to pass me through the dip but didn’t pass fully.(less then half way past )
climbing the hill he just flicked his indicator on and pulled into lane 1 whilst i was still alongside.
i didn’t have chance to move or brake as my mirror vanished.
and he pushed me out of his way.
i ended up on slip road half way up hill and the artic vanished on his merry way.

thank god a witness stopped as i had brown trousers by then and scrapes down the wrecker i was in

police never traced him.