Who's Working Tomorrow?

I know half of you Lucky Sods are off until the new year now, but some of us have got to keep the Wheels of Industry (& Retail) Rolling ! That National Debt has got to be paid somehow.

I’ve got a Stupid oclock/4am start (be leaving the yard about 04.15) from Milton Keynes to Great Bar/Cambridge, it’s 50 miles cross country on both single & dual carriage ways & they seem to think I can be there for 05.00 (I could just about do it on the Bandit. :laughing: ) collect a trailer load of whatever/advertising leaflets I think ? Take it to Wigan, then back load out of Manchester to MK destined for Bedford on Tuesday.

Depends on traffic & weather if I make it without parking up for Monday night, (somewhere up the M6) but I’ll give it a go !
Google maps say’s its about 420miles/7 hours 37 minutes, but that’s in a car. :unamused:

Then hopefully tip that load in Bedford on Tuesday & that’ll be it ! (Crossed fingers)

If it’s any consultation, I’m going on the drink today and will have a huge hangover tomorrow.

If your trying to pay the national debt do you think it’s right that you want to go home Tuesday morning.

martinviking:
I’ve got a Stupid oclock/4am start (be leaving the yard about 04.15)

Normally done half a shift by then.

Bloody part timers. :laughing:

Ken.

Yep, I’m working now. Got a text last night to be in Guildford at 8.30 Monday for a. Days work, then Christmas can start (after a dri ve to Wales)
Have a good time guys
Paul

Yes, i’m on shift tomorrow and Tues, won’t know until later this afternoon what my start time or destination are, roads should be fairly quiet but thats not to say the lemmings won’t be out in force.

Its not a problem, the price of working 28 days fewer than a normal 5 day week is that you might be working bank hols etc, last year i had to work Boxing day, this year my shifts fell right.

When on the newspapers many years ago had to go to work Christmas evening (when shift pattern called) for the Boxing day papers, started at 6pm, between midnight and the 4 am finish don’t think i saw more than half a dozen other vehicles moving, that was a bit eerie, however it meant you could travel at whatever speed you wanted, she’d cruise at 95 (mph) if you were so inclined… :open_mouth:

I’m in for 715 start. got feeder to tip.
pick my deliveries out of it and load me puddle jumper and off i go,
got atleast 1 drop. all me 15mins drive from the yard. :blush:
have a brew while i tip 2 10kg boxs. then back to yard. :unamused:

am also in on 24th so please feel sorry for me as i slave away on xmars eve drinking tea. :laughing:

Currently parked up in the far reaches of wales on a weekend out, then reload Monday morning for home area. Hopefully working Tuesday as well.

As long as I am home on Christmas Day, I am fine.

Not fussed about new year either as don’t drink, so other half has said I may as we’ll work.

5am start this morning, currently sat at Asda Lutterworth ADC waiting to tip a D/decker.
Tomorrow is a 5am start 3 drops handball in north Wales.
Tuesday will be another 5am handball.
They have pencilled me in for 5am handball on Friday, but I may stop Xmas eve until the new year & chill out.

happysack:
If it’s any consultation, I’m going on the drink today and will have a huge hangover tomorrow.

my guts are already a bit fragile,after 2 nights on the pop.i reckon i`ll try a few more jars 2nite…then a day off(probably)…before the serious drinking starts.
:sunglasses:

Working Monday, Tuesday, possibly running in to the yard Wednesday morning. Off Wednesday afternoon and Thursday, probably back in for Friday and Saturday. Wheels not turning, truck not earning! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m out all day tomorrow and so far on Tuesday morning I only have one drop to do, then the fun can begin for me.

The OH is - 5.30 start this morning up at Waltham Point and a pre 5 tomorrow. We’re just hoping they let him come home tomorrow night and doesn’t have to do the 24th too - he’s been gone since Thurs :frowning:

On the up side the runs have been pretty good and it’s taken him to some new places he’s not been, apparently it’s a lovely day over Cambridgeshire just now. I’m just hoping some sunshine is headed my way. (Just as I type that there are rays breaking through the clouds!) :slight_smile:

Night shift for me on Mon…Gosforth to Seaham shuttle lol with some shunting duties in between then back in Boxing Day 7am for same trips till 4.30.

On agency so if I get a call for anything else I’ll be in…

Out this evening to Weston. Then on to Bridgend. Bridgend - Cross Hands

Cross Hands - Bristol
Bristol-Weston
Weston - Bridgwater
Weston - Bridgwater
Bridgwater - Sparkford and that’s me until Friday.

It’s a bit different to what I was told start of last week and tbh I’m getting bored of doing the same run

Working tomorrow and half day tuesday back in friday

Half day tomorrow, 08.00 to 11.30hr, first pint will be down me about 12.30 :sunglasses:
And many more to follow between then and 2nd January (we need a drinking smilie :laughing: )

Yep in tommorrow double bubble so couldn’t really turn it down :smiley:

In Monday night then that’s it till the 2nd so not to bad

Tipper Tom:
Out this evening to Weston. Then on to Bridgend. Bridgend - Cross Hands

Cross Hands - Bristol
Bristol-Weston
Weston - Bridgwater
Weston - Bridgwater
Bridgwater - Sparkford and that’s me until Friday.

It’s a bit different to what I was told start of last week and tbh I’m getting bored of doing the same run

Sounds like you may be back on the tippers in the new year if things don’t change